Bye-Bye, 2011-2012 NBA Season:

Deleted Account

*sigh* And just when my Bulls were getting good again. The last couple of seasons were the first time I'd watched the NBA since the last year or two of Jordan's run with the Bulls and a year or two afterwards. I was just starting to get back into it. I actually don't like watching college basketball on TV (just live in person) and I hate hockey. What to do?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh* and just when my bulls were getting good again. The last couple of seasons were the first time i'd watched the nba since the last year or two of jordan's run with the bulls and a year or two afterwards. I was just starting to get back into it. I actually don't like watching college basketball on tv (just live in person) and i hate hockey. What to do?

WWE? :D I love wrestling. Lol

The NBA sucks, don't care if I ever see it again. I hope ESPN refuses to put it on the air when they do come to an agreement. I just can't get into hockey, but college basketball is the 2nd best sport around, next to the NFL, in my mind. GO DUKE!!! GO COWBOYS!!!

The NBA sucks, don't care if I ever see it again. I hope ESPN refuses to put it on the air when they do come to an agreement. I just can't get into hockey, but college basketball is the 2nd best sport around, next to the NFL, in my mind. GO DUKE!!! GO COWBOYS!!!

Ewwww. Dook? C'mon man!

*sigh* And just when my Bulls were getting good again. The last couple of seasons were the first time I'd watched the NBA since the last year or two of Jordan's run with the Bulls and a year or two afterwards. I was just starting to get back into it. I actually don't like watching college basketball on TV (just live in person) and I hate hockey. What to do?

same here...last few years the playoffs have been worth watching...some good games.

Phuck the NBA. My Flyers are starting to play well (won again tonight in Carolina to move to 10-4). It won't bother me a bit if the NBA never plays again. Hockey is a real man's sport anyway:)

Totally this. And the Cowboys, too.

picard-facepalm2.jpg

Cowboys fans are 1,000 times more tolerable than any Duke fan, Philly fan, Skins fan, or BoSox fan that I've personally dealt with. And that's saying something because Cowboys fan genuinely suck.

How can everyone hate the NBA so much? This is not your NBA from the early '00s. These guys actually hustle, they play hard from game to game, and real rivalries have developed. I'm telling you, we're being robbed of great entertainment without them playing this season. There has never been this much talent in the league at one time in the history of the NBA, and it's a shame that they can't figure out how to split up a couple bucks.

The ones that hate it are the ones who remember the days of Bird, Magic, Jordan, Ewing, Reggie Miller making everything from downtown, Celtics/Lakers, the Bulls, Knicks, and Pistons...great rivalries and great basketball!!! What it has evolved into today pales in comparison...

Guest The Variable

I think if you're talking about "real men" in the NBA & Derrick Fisher isn't #1 on your list, there is something wrong.

Derick Fisher is that LAST person who I would consider a real man in the NBA. That is like saying that Jeremy Shockey is a real man in the NFL.

Cowboys fans are 1,000 times more tolerable than any Duke fan, Philly fan, Skins fan, or BoSox fan that I've personally dealt with. And that's saying something because Cowboys fan genuinely suck.

And of course, I forgot the most obvious one... Yankees fans...

Derick Fisher is that LAST person who I would consider a real man in the NBA. That is like saying that Jeremy Shockey is a real man in the NFL.

I don't know about all the "real man" business, but Fisher is probably the only Laker in the last...15 years that I don't mind.

Totally this. And the Cowboys, too.

I'm a Cowboys fan, and I'll admit that some of my fellow fans are a bit obnoxious, but they don't come close on my list. IMO, the list goes as follows:

1.) Philadelphia ANYTHING

2.) Everyone else...

Guest The Variable
I don't know about all the "real man" business, but Fisher is probably the only Laker in the last...15 years that I don't mind.

You dont like Lamar Kardashian?

I have to say that I wont really be missing the NBA very much. I love College basketball much more ( only 2nd to college football & the NFL ) and especially the ACC. Big MD Terps fan....... they suck in football though..lol !

I did like to tune in and watch the playoffs once in a while though.............if there wasn't anything else on....lol

Edited by Bigrhsfan

The ones that hate it are the ones who remember the days of Bird, Magic, Jordan, Ewing, Reggie Miller making everything from downtown, Celtics/Lakers, the Bulls, Knicks, and Pistons...great rivalries and great basketball!!! What it has evolved into today pales in comparison...

What, exactly was better about the Jordan/Bird/Magic era? Short shorts?

kurt-rambis.jpg

I just don't understand it. The league today has evolved into more talent per team than ever before. That means night in and night out, every team has to bring their A game. And all of you who say that no one plays defense today. It's funny that you block out Jordan et. al drifting through pretty much every January and February.

Lastly, Ray Allen > Reggie Miller.

I'm a Cowboys fan, and I'll admit that some of my fellow fans are a bit obnoxious, but they don't come close on my list. IMO, the list goes as follows:

1.) Philadelphia ANYTHING

2.) Everyone else...

I'm a 'Boys fan too ;).

If you also like Lebron James and are addicted to beef jerky, we could be twins.

I'm a 'Boys fan too ;).

If you also like Lebron James and are addicted to beef jerky, we could be twins.

I love LBJ (not Lyndon B. Johnson either). I'm also a large fan of beef jerky.

Please accept this post as my application as best friend.

StepBrothers_9lg.jpg

I'm a 'Boys fan too ;).

Not at all a fan of the 'Boys. But I do love Lebron and eat at least one thing of Jack Links beef jerky a day....

Not at all a fan of the 'Boys. But I do love Lebron and eat at least one thing of Jack Links beef jerky a day....

Sorry, Ryan. There's only room for one best friend. We accept groupies though.