NFL players at Mitchell Stadium

GHS89

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Anthony Poindexter lead Jefferson Forest past the G-Men in the 1993 State Playoffs @ Mitchell Stadium. Poindexter is probably the best high school football player that I have watched; that is based on this one game. They beat the stuffing out of Graham. He went on to be an All-American Safety at UVA. Got hurt in his senior season, drafted late because of the injury. Played in a few games but could never fully recover from his injury. If he was fully healthy he may have been a hall of famer. Just my opinion. Can't believe no one mentioned him here.

Edited by old_school_blue

But, the question is, did Pineville play at Mitchell with Warner, and did Pulaski play at Mitchell with Graham or Clark? Folks have mentioned some great players here, but I must bring yall back to my original question. Played in an NFL game and played at Mitchell Stadium in high school.

Guest StoneyCalhoun
But, the question is, did Pineville play at Mitchell with Warner, and did Pulaski play at Mitchell with Graham or Clark? Folks have mentioned some great players here, but I must bring yall back to my original question. Played in an NFL game and played at Mitchell Stadium in high school.

Curt for sure played baseball at Bowen, my Grandmother has a picture from the BDT of him stealing 2nd with my dad waiting for the throw.

And I know, I know, it is not football. But I will text my dad and ask him if they did and he can look at the yearbook.

But, the question is, did Pineville play at Mitchell with Warner, and did Pulaski play at Mitchell with Graham or Clark?

No to Warner and Clark...Graham did play at Mitchell Stadium one time.

Lance or GMan, I remember back in the day someone posted a video of a run that Ahmad had against maybe Grundy? Anyways, I remember him going down the sideline and completely trucking a kid. Any chance that video is around any more?

It was against Martinsville...I remember that video...

I figured the BHC didn't have time to write positive articles since they been so busy reporting about Ahmad's perks in jail while locked up,or trying to get his juvenile records unsealed. The BHC can go straight to hell.

That's EXACTLY why I despise the BHC.

I was interning for the very judge that testified to keep them sealed. Had a very funny exchange with some of the higher-ups at the BHC when this incident was unfolding. The statutory language and case law was completely against BHC from the start. They tried to intimidate us, and I pretty much told them to go screw themselves.

BHC stupidly filed suit, and the hearing took less than 30 minutes. Victory, J&DR Court.

I'm not positive but I think Warner played in a Grid-a-rama. As for Pulaski they were frequent visitors to they grid as well as Bluefield's regular season schedule in they 80's.

There was no such thing as a "grid-o-rama" in the 70s. Also, Pineville did not play Bluefield at anytime during the "Warner era"...Pineville was AA and Bluefield was AAA, playing a mostly AAA schedule (with a few exceptions).

While Pulaski did play Bluefield some during the 80s, Gary Clark was not on any of the teams that played Bluefield...trust me on this one for sure. Clark played for Pulaski Co. during the '76-'79 football seasons...Bluefield and Pulaski never played those years.

I watched Anthony Poindexter lead Jefferson Forest past the G-Men in the 1993 State Playoffs @ Mitchell Stadium. Poindexter is probably the best high school football player that I have watched; that is based on this one game. They beat the stuffing out of Graham. He went on to be an All-American Safety at UVA. Got hurt in his senior season, drafted late because of the injury. Played in a few games but could never fully recover from his injury. If he was fully healthy he may have been a hall of famer. Just my opinion. Can't believe no one mentioned him here.

Good pull, OSB. That injury cost him millions upon millions.

Yes, '98 and '00. King caught one pass for 21 yards in '98 and no passes in '00.

I think I have the right Gravely.....Didnt Tracey Gravely play at Mitchell when he was at Mount View and later win a super bowl ring with the Giants.

The other thing that came to mind was maybe an opponent of Concord when they had a playoff game at Mitchell back in the 70s....maybe Elon had one then?