whats going on in Tazewell this year?

Lance

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike others who also may be from one of Tazewell's rival schools, I personally am rooting and hoping for continuity and a strong reciprocal commitment between coach and community. Is there anything to suggest that the new coach may be on his way out?

Unlike others who also may be from one of Tazewell's rival schools, I personally am rooting and hoping for continuity and a strong reciprocal commitment between coach and community. Is there anything to suggest that the new coach may be on his way out?

other than it's the time of year Tazewell always runs off whoever is coaching, no.

Well..I take that back. There was the whole thing where half the team quit at the end there or whatever went on...I don't remember the details...and there were the usual rumblings that he needed to go.

I was just curious what was going on, have not heard much and that is strange.

other than it's the time of year Tazewell always runs off whoever is coaching, no.

Well..I take that back. There was the whole thing where half the team quit at the end there or whatever went on...I don't remember the details...and there were the usual rumblings that he needed to go.

I was just curious what was going on, have not heard much and that is strange.

Come on up an visit us. I'll take you in and let you talk to the man first hand.

Come on up an visit us. I'll take you in and let you talk to the man first hand.

you know, that actually might be a cool thing to do. I'd be interested in talking to him. I dont really have a need to drive 2+ hours just to do it. I'd like to hear what he has to say about the first season now that its done and what kind of stuff he has heard from the players and parents and the town folks that always have some "input" on the program and how he is handling all of that. It's been unusually quiet at Tazewell this year in the off season compared to the past...so he has either figured out a way to deal with it or something. When i say it's the time of year Tazewell usually runs their coach off, thats the truth...it really is.

I have not seen anything in the BDT or any interviews with him since the season ended. It's been pretty much silent. That's just odd.

Is he coaching anything other than football? And don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the coach at all...and other than finding out what his take on things are, i don't think he could really answer the questions from the lynch mob perspective...after all, he is not the one that would want the coach gone lol.

or is it that everyone has decided to give the guy a fighting chance and just left it alone for a change?

either way, seems like it's been almost too quiet so far.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys before you begin the bashing of Tazewell fans you should know that Coach Tates success or lack of on the football field was not the reason behind this. I, like many others, liked and respected what he was doing for the program. I will not take the liberty of explaining the information that was passed on to me for it is not my place to do so. Lets just hope that they find a coach willing to stand his ground and lay the ground work for a successful program.

Guys before you begin the bashing of Tazewell fans you should know that Coach Tates success or lack of on the football field was not the reason behind this. I, like many others, liked and respected what he was doing for the program. I will not take the liberty of explaining the information that was passed on to me for it is not my place to do so. Lets just hope that they find a coach willing to stand his ground and lay the ground work for a successful program.

I think that deserves a more detailed explanation. You're not going to get anyone to believe it wasn't related to football unless you have some credible information that you can share. Tazewell's history is to run the coach out of town on a rail, we all know that. So why should we believe this is any different?

I think that deserves a more detailed explanation. You're not going to get anyone to believe it wasn't related to football unless you have some credible information that you can share. Tazewell's history is to run the coach out of town on a rail, we all know that. So why should we believe this is any different?

really doesn't matter why he is leaving, bottom line is that it's the 4th coach in 4 years.

Tazewell needs to have better vision in who they choose as coach.

really doesn't matter why he is leaving, bottom line is that it's the 4th coach in 4 years.

Tazewell needs to have better vision in who they choose as coach.

You can't stop a boat from leaking until you find the hole. Popeye says he has inside information he is unwilling to share, and that is the reason coach Tate is leaving. He says it has nothing to do with how he is running the football program. Every other coach in the past has supposedly left because the he was run off by the parents and others in the Tazewell community. If coach Tate is leaving for another job, maybe this is one case where it wasn't the parents and the community that caused his departure. I would be interested to know if that is the case.

You can't stop a boat from leaking until you find the hole. Popeye says he has inside information he is unwilling to share, and that is the reason coach Tate is leaving. He says it has nothing to do with how he is running the football program. Every other coach in the past has supposedly left because the he was run off by the parents and others in the Tazewell community. If coach Tate is leaving for another job, maybe this is one case where it wasn't the parents and the community that caused his departure. I would be interested to know if that is the case.

yeah...but, it's always "personal"...I'm sure Tate is not going to burn any bridges and will probably go on to do good things elsewhere. Whatever the reason is, the bottom line is that he's gone and he is #4 in 4 years...hopefully they will advertise the job and be able to bring in someone who has a lot of experience and is bigger than the problems that exist, because that's what it's going to take.

yeah...but, it's always "personal"...I'm sure Tate is not going to burn any bridges and will probably go on to do good things elsewhere. Whatever the reason is, the bottom line is that he's gone and he is #4 in 4 years...hopefully they will advertise the job and be able to bring in someone who has a lot of experience and is bigger than the problems that exist, because that's what it's going to take.

That would be great if that could happen. Even as a Blues alum I would like to see Tazewell improve their football program. It would be better all around from a competition standpoint.

You are correct, he is leaving for another position. I can't blame him for wanting to better himself and be closer to family.

Start with the clown athletic director. This is on his watch. Next is the principal. I now know the reason for the departure, and it starts with tweedle dee and tweedle dumb. Someone is doing something really wrong to lose three coaches in less than three years. Get yo popcorn ready, this is going to be fun to watch.

Listen guys, no need to get offensive. Coach Tate has higher aspirations and chasing them. As I posted earlier, the explanation is not mine or anyone else’s to elaborate on at this moment.

<O:p</O:p

Most rational thinking individuals will readily agree that here had been a history of “hands on” parents here. It is my belief that most of those parents have moved on with their children graduating. Bottom line is that a coach has to found that will be given the reigns to the football team, has a structured program and a vision that the team school and community can buy into. <O:p</O:p

Coach Tate was to young and lacked the character to be a high school head coach at this point in his life. Nice guy just a few character flaws and definitely not the guy to have in a leadership position around children. It's really a good thing that he is moving on. Life will go on, the dogs will start over again and the community will be better off.

Coach Tate was to young and lacked the character to be a high school head coach at this point in his life. Nice guy just a few character flaws and definitely not the guy to have in a leadership position around children. It's really a good thing that he is moving on. Life will go on, the dogs will start over again and the community will be better off.

I heard the opposite.... I just think he needed more time...he brought a wealth of football knowledge with him. It would've taken him a few years to turn around what has been destroyed over there... Now somebody else will have to do it.