Most beautiful college campus you've been to?

Ryan4VT

William and Mary, Stanford, Wake Forest, and Elon all stand out to me as beautiful campuses I've seen. If it wasn't totally creepy, I would just travel around and go on Incoming Freshman tours around the country. I would love to see more.

Wondering what everyones take is on the most beautiful college campus they've been on?? Mine is Ohio University. That place is so pretty.

Probably wouldn't have thought of this weren't it not for me talking about UVA's campus yesterday....

Ten favorites, in no particular order.....

William & Mary

Princeton

Lafayette

Georgia

Wesleyan

Colgate

College of Charleston

Furman

St. John's College (Annapolis)

Trinity College, Oxford (several other constituent colleges of the University are also breathtaking)

I deliberately excluded Virginia Tech (my undergrad alma mater) from the list simply because I can't be objective about its quality given my strong personal attachment to it.

Edited by RichlandsAlum

I deliberately excluded Virginia Tech (my undergrad alma mater) from the list simply because I can't be objective about its quality given my strong personal attachment to it.

Same here. I'm trying to remember my first impression of the campus. It couldn't have been horrible, or else I wouldn't have gone there.

Oh, and UVA is absolutely not only one of the prettiest campuses I've been to, but one of the best in the country. Terrible omission on my part earlier.

In the off the beaten path category, UVA-Wise is doing a nice job making that campus attractive. Lincoln Memorial is a beautiful place. My niece attends Sweet Briar and their campus is just amazing.

Delaware has a nice little campus.

Yes it does. The Wilmington area is really hit and miss (an odd mixture of nice communities, urban sprawl, and some pockets of outright decline), but certain parts of Newark -- and the UD campus in particular -- are really pleasant.

Good pull.

UCLA, Ohio State, UGA, and Clemson are my favorite schools I've actually visited.

I saw UVAO said OSU is a dump...but, i like the horseshoe...nothing like cramming 110,000 people in a stadium and watching some football...especially if its the Michigan game. I think its a pretty nice set up they have...school is right in the middle of downtown Columbus, so if you don't like the city I can see where you wouldn't care much for it...but, I thought it was pretty cool.

UCLA, Ohio State, UGA, and Clemson are my favorite schools I've actually visited.

My Grandmother lives on Lake Hartwell, The whole area around Clemson and the Lake is beautiful, I think its one place where I would move to and still enjoy the spread out community kind of like here, almost reminds me of driving through Kansas or somewhere, besides the city of Anderson its all fields and Horses and farms...and can't forget the boiled peanuts...

I saw UVAO said OSU is a dump...but, i like the horseshoe...nothing like cramming 110,000 people in a stadium and watching some football...especially if its the Michigan game. I think its a pretty nice set up they have...school is right in the middle of downtown Columbus, so if you don't like the city I can see where you wouldn't care much for it...but, I thought it was pretty cool.

The Horseshoe is nice, and the gyms there are immaculate. It's not enough to save it, though.