Abingdon Football

eagles99trd

I personally read this forum while doing hundreds of other things. Whether I'm pimpin' some sweet cutie, pwnin' some noob on XBox, Skyping your mom (naked), watching reruns of the UVA-VT football game (naked), sipping a cocktail, or plotting the demise of Abingdon - I like to read posts that are quick and to the point.

I prefer a picture (GIF animated image especially) or bullet points to funnel the information directly into my brain without much effort in reading through a jumbled mess of streamlined thought.

One second I'm reading some sentence about Abingdon politics - I look away for one second because this lady's kid I'm macking on is trying to stick his thumb in my beer, I swat him away and look back to the screen - damn, I can't find my place! Where was I? Forget it! I'm moving on!

I don't know how you peruse the forums, but for myself, Lance, and GMan you're going to have to break it up into compartmentalized sections of intelligent thought.

Master of the awesome post, you are.

I personally read this forum while doing hundreds of other things. Whether I'm pimpin' some sweet cutie, pwnin' some noob on XBox, Skyping your mom (naked), watching reruns of the UVA-VT football game (naked), sipping a cocktail, or plotting the demise of Abingdon - I like to read posts that are quick and to the point.

I prefer a picture (GIF animated image especially) or bullet points to funnel the information directly into my brain without much effort in reading through a jumbled mess of streamlined thought.

One second I'm reading some sentence about Abingdon politics - I look away for one second because this lady's kid I'm macking on is trying to stick his thumb in my beer, I swat him away and look back to the screen - damn, I can't find my place! Where was I? Forget it! I'm moving on!

I don't know how you peruse the forums, but for myself, Lance, and GMan you're going to have to break it up into compartmentalized sections of intelligent thought.

Is there Anything you're Not good at???

Had a fella tell me the easiest way to get through life is to "kill them with kindness and baffle them with bullshit"...I see you take that route...

Me, on the other hand, I prefer to just punish them with truth and facts...

Had a fella tell me the easiest way to get through life is to "kill them with kindness and baffle them with bullshit"...I see you take that route...

Me, on the other hand, I prefer to just punish them with truth and facts...

Are we still talking about paragraphs?

Alright, here's the answer to your question. I will remain anonymous out of necessity. Some of you know who I am, and that's fine...because I know you agree with me. Abingdon football....wow, here goes. First, I will state the obvious...politics. If you have pull of any sort (which translates to "money") your kid will play. Plain and simple. The boosters of AHS will (and have) played the "I will not financially support the team" card if their kid doesn't get to play. I know this first hand. Probably happens other places as well.

Next, lets move on to coaches/staff. The coaches at Abingdon are totally against kids playing multiple sports, as well as the AD because he coaches basketball. This completely befuddles me because if a kid plays multiple sports wouldn't one think that would help the kid in a number of ways? Stay in shape, increase awareness, sharpen the saw..so to speak? Regardless of what they may say publicly they all hate it. Period. It also befuddles me because whatever sport that they are coaching hasn't done above mediocre, record wise, in a few years.

In that same coaching/staff vein, lets look at the coach(es). I mean no disrespect to the HC...good man, just lost his wife....but its very had to play a spread O when your fastest kid runs a 4.9 40. I made that time up....don't know how fast their fastest kid was 2 seasons ago...but whatever his time was, he was light speed ahead of the next fastest kid. They just didn't have the players to run the spread...year after year after year after year.....until this past year when they suddenly switched to a pro set and expected the kids to grasp it immediately. They did better in that set, no doubt...but it will take some time. Assistants were reluctant to make the switch because they were going to have to actually work with the kids....no more, "hey, go out there and run some plays" coaching. It required hands on. Crazy, I know.

Lastly, the parents and the community as whole are more worried about how they are perceived by others. No business in downtown Abingdon will put up a banner on their front glass that says "Go Falcons"....that is peasant stuff...the stuff they sell in their store is way to gourmet, posh, whatever word you want to use....and if they put up something like that, well their neighbors would think less of them...as well as their patrons. These are the real reasons why AHS has struggled to do well on the field. There are other reasons, but these, to me, are the basis. Until AHS gets a community behind their team, a staff that cares about the kids more than themselves, and administration with enough nads to make soem changes, they will continue to dwell in mediocrity.

Edited for those with ADD and those of you who obviously have mother issues....wow.

Lance, GMAN and the mother lover DeucesWild......is this more elementary for you?

Big O. I agree with your points, especially the politics. My kids did not go to Abingdon, but I know a lot of people that either went to Abingdon and/or had kids that went there. Almost every one of them talk about the politics that goes on at Abingon. Even some that benefited from the political connections tell me that the politics are terrible at Abingdon High School.

Lance, GMAN and the mother lover DeucesWild......is this more elementary for you?

Actually, your first draft was elementary...you've now moved up to middle school with your revision...

I wasn't going to read it anyway, honestly. I was just bored and felt like going for an afternoon troll. But that looks like it has paragraphs in it. Good work!

And this is for you BigO.

(Explicit Lyrics)

Edited by deuceswild

well,well..i just dropped by and saw what appears to be yet another falcon crest thread..when abingdon cried to the vhsl about not wanting to play marion in marion i laughed..ok,i cried laughing so hard..abingdon has no backbone..the kids are taught to be better than you and mommy n daddy will buy anything for them and if they dont..well,they throw a falcon fit..lol..stop whining and bitchin and do somethin about it..you let a much smaller marion team score 30 pts on you in 30-40 secs last yr..the abingdon kids were shakin and the coaches were so confused..FALCON AWFUL..btw,students got suspened for chanting that after the game..lol

well,well..i just dropped by and saw what appears to be yet another falcon crest thread..when abingdon cried to the vhsl about not wanting to play marion in marion i laughed..ok,i cried laughing so hard..abingdon has no backbone..the kids are taught to be better than you and mommy n daddy will buy anything for them and if they dont..well,they throw a falcon fit..lol..stop whining and bitchin and do somethin about it..you let a much smaller marion team score 30 pts on you in 30-40 secs last yr..the abingdon kids were shakin and the coaches were so confused..FALCON AWFUL..btw,students got suspened for chanting that after the game..lol

Fellow VFL, this is exactly what I said, especially regarding coaching. You just took the chance to pile on...sheep. BTW, be careful with your spelling and punctuation...the idiots on here are pretty critical, as if they are all english majors. Having said all that, there will very soon be some changes in the quality of ball here in Abingdon. I know, I know...talk is cheap. But what I can tell you with great certainty is that the kids coming up have a different mindset then in the recent past.

Really? I type all that and you come up with "ever heard of paragraphs"?

My sincerest apology.

I will try and do better next time.

I hope you can read this better.

Have a nice day.

I don't see a thing wrong with your post. I don't have a dog in the fight, but I read every bit of it and understood it all. Don't apologize for somebody else being a smartaleck.