best game over the years

Tigers_07

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a Bluefield playoff game in 1999. I forget their opponent but it was a straight Shootout! I think Bluefield scored in the 60's or 70's and the other team was in the 40's or 50's.

Also, Bluefield vs. Wyoming East in 2002. I think the final score was 86-0. Near the end of the game Wyoming East was punting the ball on first down.

There was a Bluefield playoff game in 1999. I forget their opponent but it was a straight Shootout! I think Bluefield scored in the 60's or 70's and the other team was in the 40's or 50's.

Also, Bluefield vs. Wyoming East in 2002. I think the final score was 86-0. Near the end of the game Wyoming East was punting the ball on first down.

Bluefield beat Liberty-Harrison 71-46...Bluefield built a big lead and Liberty-Harrison kept throwing the ball...

I don't recall WE punting on 1st down, however they did kick-off to Bluefield after Bluefield scored their 70th point...

Bluefield beat Liberty-Harrison 71-46...Bluefield built a big lead and Liberty-Harrison kept throwing the ball...

I don't recall WE punting on 1st down, however they did kick-off to Bluefield after Bluefield scored their 70th point...

Thanks for the clarification on the score and the opponent. That was my Senior year and I swear WE punted on 1st down near the end of the game but I could be wrong. I was interested in a young squirrely at the time and that may have distracted me. At one point I could have swore Wyoming East just got the ball and punted on 1st down and I was wondering what the hell was going on.

At one point I could have swore Wyoming East just got the ball and punted on 1st down and I was wondering what the hell was going on.

That was probably when they kicked-off after Bluefield scored...there was lots of confusion with that, not sure the refs even knew that they could do that...

The Graham - Gretna semifinal game was as entertaining as any I have ever seen.

I also enjoyed the Bluefield - Martinsburg game when Nate Sowers came to town. That one also had the extra bonus of a post-game show by the WVU band.

• 3 weeks later...

Graham-Beaver Game a 1pt game that ended in an argument from everyone. How can that not be on the list? Does anyone know if Cole still got in or not? 1pt and 1 final game.

Also Graham upsetting Richlands in 07 or 08? But it seemed like everything bounced Graham's way that game. I strictly remeber a ball bouncing out of a backs hands on the goalline in the air to Tyler Barreras for a touch down.

Also remember the 97 Bluefield team which was very special and the 01 Graham team with a young Ahmad.

Graham-Beaver Game a 1pt game that ended in an argument from everyone. How can that not be on the list? Does anyone know if Cole still got in or not? 1pt and 1 final game.

Also Graham upsetting Richlands in 07 or 08? But it seemed like everything bounced Graham's way that game. I strictly remeber a ball bouncing out of a backs hands on the goalline in the air to Tyler Barreras for a touch down.

Also remember the 97 Bluefield team which was very special and the 01 Graham team with a young Ahmad.

Still to this day I can't honestly say whether Cole got in or not. I wasn't sitting near the goal line when it happened. It was really too close to call. It is what it is though. The '97 Beavers and '01 G-MEN would be one he one heck of a matchup. Heck could you imagine a four team round robin with the '89 G-MEN, '97 Beavers, '01 G-MEN, and the '04 Beavers. I always thought that would be exciting.

I've got two games from 09.

Clintwood 17 JJ Kelly 14.

Kelly scores on a short pass play with a long run. Play was called back for a block in the back. Hell if a game. I'm sure you clintwood guys remember this one.

JJ Kelly 14 JIB 7

Came down to turnovers. Winning td was a fumble recovery returned for a td.

These two games where back to back Fridays for JJK.

1993 Graham v. Beaver, last second hail Mary from Jay Gray to Mike Gregory to win the game. Also 1998 region final with a 6-5 Graham team beating a 10-1 Lebanon team by 20 some points. Leonard Graves over 200 yards rushing and a 90+ yard kickoff return.

Chilhowie at Rural Retreat, opening round of playoffs

Chilhowie down 31-0 at halftime.

Converted four onside kicks, won the game 39-38 on last second touchdown and xp.

I remember listening to the end of this game on the radio. They said many Chilhowie fans left at halftime thinking the game was over. Just goes to show, you never know what will happen.

1993 Graham v. Beaver, last second hail Mary from Jay Gray to Mike Gregory to win the game. Also 1998 region final with a 6-5 Graham team beating a 10-1 Lebanon team by 20 some points. Leonard Graves over 200 yards rushing and a 90+ yard kickoff return.

Sent Lebanon out of AA in style...

Chilhowie at Rural Retreat, opening round of playoffs

Chilhowie down 31-0 at halftime.

Converted four onside kicks, won the game 39-38 on last second touchdown and xp.

1995 Graham vs. Bluefield was a good one, also.... Bluefield had the game in the bag...could've sat on the ball and ran out the clock... Simon chose to throw, got intercepted and Graham scored 2 TD's in the last couple of minutes to win the game.

the wild one at carl smith stadium, lee high over central....wasn't there, but appearently it was a barn burner

It was Central over Lee. 51-50

I was there. One of the wildest games I have ever seen.

This is what I couldn't understand. Lee has 4 million yards rushing and after falling behind 51-50. They start passing the ball on there last poss.

Still to this day I don't know why.

It was Central over Lee. 51-50

I was there. One of the wildest games I have ever seen.

This is what I couldn't understand. Lee has 4 million yards rushing and after falling behind 51-50. They start passing the ball on there last poss.

Still to this day I don't know why.

my bad, knew central had won .

1987 Richlands vs Tazewell ---- Richlands came in 3-0 and unscored on; Tazewell was the defending state champs. Close game throughout, game was tied in the 4th. Tazewell stopped Adam Lallande on a 4th down play, then went on to drive for the winning score. Quentin Reed had over 200 yards rushing...probably the largest crowd ever to watch a football game at Tazewell...more so than the 86 state championship.

Others I attended that people have already mentioned...

1990 Graham vs Rustburg state semi-final

2006 Richlands vs Rockbridge state final

2008 Richlands vs Tazewell regional final

1996 Grundy vs Salem state semi-final

1991 Bluefield vs Graham (the 6-4 game)

The Salem-Amherst game (I can't remember the exact year) where Peter Rose threw a long TD pass in the final minute to give Amherst the win. I had already left the game thinking Salem had it won only to hear the outcome on the radio as I was leaving. Absolute huge crowd.

I'd also have to throw in the 1992 Tazewell-Gate City regional final on Thanksgiving weekend. Tazewell had only one or two first downs the whole game but led at the half before GC won something like 28-21. Tazewell scored on a long run, a 90+ yard INT return, and a kickoff return.

I havn't read all the post but the JI burton and Holston playoff game from a couple of yers ago was a interesting game. 2-0 waz the final score,with burton winning the lowest scoring playoff game. EVER!

I know the 02 Championship game was mention between Grundy and Graham but didnt see the 01 regular season game between those two at Grundy. The game went back and forth all game and in overtime Graham scores first and kicks the xp then Grundy drives in and scores and players decide to go for two and the throw goes wide right of an open grundy player.