Hunting, 2012

Counted 18 deer, 5 with antlers on the way home this evening. One nice buck along the tree line in the field directly to the west of Lincolnshire Lake...looked to be an 8...he had a couple of does nearby too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear, GMan, I think you live in a game reserve...

I damn near tagged a spiker this evening in the Jeep. BIG deer, though.

I don't live there, I just visit a lot...especially during the hunting season. These pics were taken up next to the farmhouse. If there is that much action at the house, you can only imagine what else is going on on the other 70 acres.

Saw a small-rack 6-pointer with his nose to the ground in the Lincolnshire field tonight. That buck was in hot pursuit of some doe poontang...a "sightseer" in a pick-up had pulled over to watch...no, it wasn't me...

New pics from FIL's cam...lots of does, fawns, turkeys...these are two of the more interesting finds...:eek:...:D...

Showed the pics to my FIL this morning. He thinks its a young bear. I'm thinking manbearpig...because I honestly can't tell.

man_bear_pig.jpg

people sneaking on our farm land killing them like crazy we found to big body bucks with just their heads cut off it a freaking shame

Someone should do the same to them...

LOTS of bluejays at the farm.

But what's in the three pics above with the buck???

Gman, Could you have possibly gotta a pic of the infamous black panther? It could be a small bear but when I first saw it, it looked like a big ole cat of some sort!!

Gman, Could you have possibly gotta a pic of the infamous black panther? It could be a small bear but when I first saw it, it looked like a big ole cat of some sort!!

I've got others on another board saying that it is.

If only you could see it's tail, that would've given the confirmation. But, it does sit like a cat!!!!!

That's what I posted on the chat board last night...wish I could see the tail...

Its just a big ole coon, IMO.

Seriously though, I dunno what that is, but it looks like all your activity is going on around 8 PM. Saddle up, bring extra ammo, and go find out for yourself one night.

Its just a big ole coon, IMO.

Seriously though, I dunno what that is, but it looks like all your activity is going on around 8 PM. Saddle up, bring extra ammo, and go find out for yourself one night.

7 PM...time had not changed on the camera...

Went hunting today and got myself a 4 pointer. Not bad at all for a first buck. :D

Nice job!!!

I hope I get a shot off Monday. In addition to the 8-pointer in the pics above, FIL has seen "Funky Rack" hanging around for almost an hour, each of the last three mornings. The 8 would be nice but I really want to shoot Funky Rack just because he was the first buck I had on camera and he is so unique.

Nice job!!!

I hope I get a shot off Monday. In addition to the 8-pointer in the pics above, FIL has seen "Funky Rack" hanging around for almost an hour, each of the last three mornings. The 8 would be nice but I really want to shoot Funky Rack just because he was the first buck I had on camera and he is so unique.

Thanks! :D GMan, it's on my FB, the pictures of it. And everyone kept telling me with the size of it, it should've been bigger than what it was. I'll take it though, but I had to drag it out of the mountains through a mile and a half of brush... Took us a total of 3 hours to drag it out.