Graham vs Beaver 2012

-oo-

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when Graham can win a game against Beaver, then Graham can have the right to call it Graham / Beaver... we won it last year, we get the naming rights -- BEAVER / graham

when Graham can win a game against Beaver, then Graham can have the right to call it Graham / Beaver... we won it last year, we get the naming rights -- BEAVER / graham

you may call it anything you like but this GRAHAMS HOME GAME so it is GRAHAM/ beaver game. and to those of us on the VIRGINIA side it will always be GRAHAM/ beaver game and to those on the wv. side it will be beaver/ GRAHAM game that is just how it is and no matter what you say i will never call it the beaver/ GRAHAM game. enough said.

you may call it anything you like but this GRAHAMS HOME GAME so it is GRAHAM/ beaver game. and to those of us on the VIRGINIA side it will always be GRAHAM/ beaver game and to those on the wv. side it will be beaver/ GRAHAM game that is just how it is and no matter what you say i will never call it the beaver/ GRAHAM game. enough said.

That is how I always thought it was.

Edited by blufan04

That is how I always thought it was.

that is how most reasonable people in the 2 virginia's look at it. but when talking to other GRAHAM fans we will say the GRAHAM/beaver game and i feel those at beaver will say BEAVER/graham that is normal, just like all schools.

Guest lookoutmountain

Graham has scrimmaged horrible football teams for the most part. GW is ok, but the rest are not good and Graham came out a little bit ahead. Graham is improved and Coach W has them moving in the right direction and he will return them to a winner. This year, Bluefield returns to much and the talent gap is to wide. Graham is a 4-6 football team at worst and a 6-4 football team at best.

Sure wins are Bland Co., Narrows, and Marion. Sure losses are Richlands, Bluefield, and Princeton. That's 3 and 3 record with those 6 games above with 4 toss up games against Tazewell, Grayson, Fort Chiswell, and Galax. Graham wins 2 of these 4 to finish 5 and 5. If Graham can win 3 of these 4 toss up games and go 6 and 4, that would and should be considered a good season and a big improvement. The future is mighty bright for Graham with it's youthful talent coming up from the junior high and 9th graders, it's so bright that words like state semi-finals and state championship will return to the Graham vocabulary of years past.

Graham has scrimmaged horrible football teams for the most part. GW is ok, but the rest are not good and Graham came out a little bit ahead. Graham is improved and Coach W has them moving in the right direction and he will return them to a winner. This year, Bluefield returns to much and the talent gap is to wide. Graham is a 4-6 football team at worst and a 6-4 football team at best.

Sure wins are Bland Co., Narrows, and Marion. Sure losses are Richlands, Bluefield, and Princeton. That's 3 and 3 record with those 6 games above with 4 toss up games against Tazewell, Grayson, Fort Chiswell, and Galax. Graham wins 2 of these 4 to finish 5 and 5. If Graham can win 3 of these 4 toss up games and go 6 and 4, that would and should be considered a good season and a big improvement. The future is mighty bright for Graham with it's youthful talent coming up from the junior high and 9th graders, it's so bright that words like state semi-finals and state championship will return to the Graham vocabulary of years past.

Interesting....considering Graham didn't even scrimmage GW........ and Marion a sure win?....... saw them scrimmage ...and they look very sharp....very, very sharp.... look out SWD is all I have to say...

Guest lookoutmountain
Interesting....considering Graham didn't even scrimmage GW........ and Marion a sure win?....... saw them scrimmage ...and they look very sharp....very, very sharp.... look out SWD is all I have to say...

Meant to write V High instead of GW. Although, Wytheville was the best team there, but Virginia High, in my opinion, got the best of Graham when the starters were on the field, but Lee, Virginia High, Westside and Central are really not good teams and if Virginia High and Graham play a 4 quarter game, it would be a toss up.

I don't know about Marion, but what I do know is...well....Marion's history. Should we ever really pick Marion to win over Graham in football? After all, it's still.....well.......it's Marion. When I think of Marion, I think of......slow, and once every 5-10 years, a strong team, physical with a bruising fullback, but still......slow, and successful to an 80 yard run by an athlete at any given play. Marion hasn't had much in football since the days of ole Puckett back in the 80's.

Meant to write V High instead of GW. Although, Wytheville was the best team there, but Virginia High, in my opinion, got the best of Graham when the starters were on the field, but Lee, Virginia High, Westside and Central are really not good teams and if Virginia High and Graham play a 4 quarter game, it would be a toss up.

I don't know about Marion, but what I do know is...well....Marion's history. Should we ever really pick Marion to win over Graham in football? After all, it's still.....well.......it's Marion. When I think of Marion, I think of......slow, and once every 5-10 years, a strong team, physical with a bruising fullback, but still......slow, and successful to an 80 yard run by an athlete at any given play. Marion hasn't had much in football since the days of ole Puckett back in the 80's.

Marion's new coach (in 2nd year) has installed a dynamic offense... they have an excellent halfback in Ethan Richards...Their QB is strong and talented (Crook)...has a terrific arm. They have a wideout that goes about 6'7" or 6'8".... Very solid on defense. I was impressed. I'm just saying that I wouldn't pick them as a "sure" win.. I think they actually have potential to have a very nice season and a playoff run in Region IV Division 3....

As far as Graham is concerned, I wouldn't say that the Bluefield, Princeton...or Richlands games are "sure" losses... I'm not convinced that Bluefield is that much better than Graham this year...Heck, Bluefield wasn't that good last year....Graham just didn't learn how to play defense or tackle until the end of the season...

Watching last year's Bluefield vs. Graham game... Graham's problem was...they couldn't tackle worth a darn and they couldn't block worth a darn....that has changed... I expect a much more competitive game this year... if they lose, they lose...but I don't think they'll get blown out this time around.

Edited by futbolking

I've been hearing good things about Marion this year. I wouldn't take them to lightly. I do think you could say a win is likely against Tazewell. To much turmoil at THS. They may be a few more years from being good again.

Tazewell looked sharp at Concord... didn't get to see them against Chilhowie...but I'm hearing that Chilhowie is pretty solid...so, I think THS should win a couple...but they have a tough schedule...

Tazewell looked sharp at Concord... didn't get to see them against Chilhowie...but I'm hearing that Chilhowie is pretty solid...so, I think THS should win a couple...but they have a tough schedule...

Tazewell may just surprise some teams this season. Their QB throws a great ball and their WR's are fast and athletic and could definitely give some of the slower teams in the area fits.

Guest lookoutmountain

Hopefully Marion can return to having a good football team. By the way, I liked the 80's. Other than the Soviets, the 80's and Mr. Reagan were pretty sweet.

P.S. Marion had some solid football teams in the 80's.

Hopefully Marion can return to having a good football team. By the way, I liked the 80's. Other than the Soviets, the 80's and Mr. Reagan were pretty sweet.

P.S. Marion had some solid football teams in the 80's.

funny how a post about graham /beaver ends up about marion but so be it, tonight is the big game and i am heading out right after i post this, see you all at the game.

"Note: Graham has three transfers who played for Bluefield last season on its roster, including Kyshan Lee, Thaddeus Hess and Brennan Wheeler.

Corey Coppola, who played for the G-Men last season, is now with the Beavers." -BDT

Did either team get any future draft picks in this trade???? LOL with all the talk of transfers and r-freshman on this board I couldn't resist, sorry.

It, most likely, will not be close this year ... Bluefield rolls again! However, give the Graham program two more years under the leadership of Williams and then I'll say ... "watch out!" I just hope that Graham plays a really good game in order to build more confidence for the remainder of the season. Bluefield simply has too much talent and speed this year for the G-men to keep up. The important thing is for the Virginia side folks to realize that change is coming but it will take a little while longer. Be patient my friends!

I hope that I am wrong but my prediction is ...

Bluefield 35

Graham 7

I think people are badly overestimating Bluefield and quite underestimating Graham. I'm going against the grain here. I think it's going to be a low-scoring slugfest. I think Bluefield wins, but I don't see it being the offensive fireworks that many here seem to believe.

Bluefield-17

Graham-10.

Can't wait for tonight. My first time seeing this game in 10 years.