Richlands @ Gate City

Nadoball

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be a typical close game between 2 of the areas best programs over the last several years.

Both teams are replacing a lot of talent and are young and inexperienced in a lot of places. But both programs have good coaching, talent, pride and both have big followings so the atmosphere will be electric as it always is for these 2 teams !

I think the blues will pull out a close hard fought game ! Gate City is Gate City and we have a lot of respect for their program, and the fact it will be at legion field will make it that much harder to win this game, but i do believe the blues have too much speed for the City and will pull it out !

Can't wait to get there !

I want to wish all the blues fans that are going to Gate City for the game, to have a safe trip there and back !

I also hope both teams come out of it healthy !

I look for Richlands to win but not by alot. I think this year the Blues will be in more games than people are custom to (everyone is use to being up by 30 or 40 at halftime). This team will grow and get better. I think we have a solid team but not as flashy as we have been.

I look for Richlands to win but not by alot. I think this year the Blues will be in more games than people are custom to (everyone is use to being up by 30 or 40 at halftime). This team will grow and get better. I think we have a solid team but not as flashy as we have been.

They certainly didn't look flashy against Bassett. The offense looked like an old Bill Dooley coached team. I'm hoping they were just working on the running game since they've worked with the receivers all summer in the 7 on 7 games. Defense looked pretty stout.

Don't think it's going to be a blowout by no means. If Richlands can work out some kinks on offense they will be fine. The 1st team D hasn't been scored on in the scrimmage against GW and the benefit game against Bassett. They are way ahead of the O. I'll go with:

Richlands - 27

Gate City - 14

They certainly didn't look flashy against Bassett. The offense looked like an old Bill Dooley coached team. I'm hoping they were just working on the running game since they've worked with the receivers all summer in the 7 on 7 games. Defense looked pretty stout.

Personally I thought the passing looked way off and thats what we needed to work on. Mance didn't show really anything against Bassett mainly up the gut run plays and a few pass plays and thats it. By years end this will be a good football team just need to get better each week. With the style of football we will be playing this year I just don't look for many blow outs.

Personally I thought the passing looked way off and thats what we needed to work on. Mance didn't show really anything against Bassett mainly up the gut run plays and a few pass plays and thats it. By years end this will be a good football team just need to get better each week. With the style of football we will be playing this year I just don't look for many blow outs.

I agree with you Nado. This team is not as flashy or as quick striking as in the past, but they do have speed and several good RB's. The line and QB's will need a couple of games to come together since both are fairly inexperienced.

The D may not be quite as big as in the past, but they do have some hitters and have more over all team speed and quickness then any D we have had in a while.

I think the D will carry them for a short time at least. Coach Mance did keep it VERY bland at the benefit game and of course that was by design.

The game that really scares me a lot will be the Pulaski game. They are loaded and it will be at their place. A tough game for a young team.

I think the blues beat Gate City 24 to 8. mostly because the D has looked so good and the devils have lost a lot of good talent. but it wouldn't surprise me if it's much closer.

Much respect for the devils and their program !

As a long-time GC fan, I HOPE we keep it close, but I just don't see it. We will be a much improved team by the end of the year, but will probably start the season 1-4 and not score a lot of points.

If i had to make a prediction, I would go with Richlands 35-7.

I haven't seen Richlands yet this year but I have seen Gate City. They have struggled at time (Pulaski & Grundy) and looked pretty good at times (Union). The biggest difference I see with them compared to the last few years is depth. Their starting 11 on each side of the ball are still pretty good, but after that the second team did not look good in any of the scrimmages.

Guest lookoutmountain

Richlands will be good again. Not state championship good, but good enough to barely win the Region, then a likely loss by 7-10 points in the Semifinals of the State. Gate City may be fielding the least talented teams it has had in the history of Gate City football. I watched the scrimmage with Pulaski and yes, Pulaski is going to be good, but not great. PC will be a 7-3, 8-2 football team. Gate City was beatin so bad by PC that it could have been 80 to nothing in a 4 quarter game if PC would have wanted it to be that bad. On most years, this certainly wouldn't be the case and the edge to Gate City over PC on many years, but this GC team is young, inexperienced, the least talented I've ever seen from a GC program. Final Score...

Richlands 45, Gate City, 7

Guest lookoutmountain
I think it will be a typical close game between 2 of the areas best programs over the last several years.

Both teams are replacing a lot of talent and are young and inexperienced in a lot of places. But both programs have good coaching, talent, pride and both have big followings so the atmosphere will be electric as it always is for these 2 teams !

I think the blues will pull out a close hard fought game ! Gate City is Gate City and we have a lot of respect for their program, and the fact it will be at legion field will make it that much harder to win this game, but i do believe the blues have too much speed for the City and will pull it out !

Can't wait to get there !

I want to wish all the blues fans that are going to Gate City for the game, to have a safe trip there and back !

I also hope both teams come out of it healthy !

Not this year. This is not your normal Gate City team. This is a one time in a generation type of Gate City team that is not only going ot struggle, but simply not make the playoffs. This game is not going to be close no matter what the history, no matter what the rival, the talent gap on this given year is far to great. Richlands can turn the ball over 5 times in this game, and will still score on 4 of the other 5 possessions that gives them 28 points right there. Gate City will not only not move the ball, I predict they don't get over 2 first downs in the first 3 quarters, then in the 4th, Richlands will sub after having a huge lead. No disrespect to Virginia's second winningest team and one of the classiest programs in the country historically, but this is simply one of those years that occurs every 20-25 years for Gate City. They are going to have a long, long season.

Not this year. This is not your normal Gate City team. This is a one time in a generation type of Gate City team that is not only going ot struggle, but simply not make the playoffs. This game is not going to be close no matter what the history, no matter what the rival, the talent gap on this given year is far to great. Richlands can turn the ball over 5 times in this game, and will still score on 4 of the other 5 possessions that gives them 28 points right there. Gate City will not only not move the ball, I predict they don't get over 2 first downs in the first 3 quarters, then in the 4th, Richlands will sub after having a huge lead. No disrespect to Virginia's second winningest team and one of the classiest programs in the country historically, but this is simply one of those years that occurs every 20-25 years for Gate City. They are going to have a long, long season.

Guys GC can't be that bad...........

Richlands will be good again. Not state championship good, but good enough to barely win the Region, then a likely loss by 7-10 points in the Semifinals of the State. Gate City may be fielding the least talented teams it has had in the history of Gate City football. I watched the scrimmage with Pulaski and yes, Pulaski is going to be good, but not great. PC will be a 7-3, 8-2 football team. Gate City was beatin so bad by PC that it could have been 80 to nothing in a 4 quarter game if PC would have wanted it to be that bad. On most years, this certainly wouldn't be the case and the edge to Gate City over PC on many years, but this GC team is young, inexperienced, the least talented I've ever seen from a GC program. Final Score...

Richlands 45, Gate City, 7

second that, if Pulaski would have kicked field goals and extra points in the scrimmage, the score line would have been in the 80's-90's region with us only getting 15(I think). But look at the bright side, we will be STACKED in the coming 2-3 years.

You may be right, i don't know, but I have too much respect for the devils program to just completely write them off.

Also, the Blues are not quite the team they have been in years past. Not trying to be disrespectful to the blues because I love my blues more than anything, but the blues are young and very inexperienced in some very important places.

Maybe not to the extent of some teams, but our QB's have a lot of talent, but no experience and we lost Devon ( who could score from anywhere on the field ) and probably even more important is the fact that we lost a lot of good to great O-linemen and D-linemen and will be somewhat inexperienced there also.

I do think the blues will be very good, especially a few games into the season. The D will be good. they have a lot of team speed on the Defensive side of the ball and have some really good LB's ! They will knock the snot out of you. That's why I only gave the Devils 8 points, but the D is a little ahead of the offense right now. But you can see the potential of the offense. Really stacked at wide receiver and RB's ! They just need playing time as far as the O-line and QB's goes.

They do have a lot of talent and have some speed so i think they have a pretty high ceiling for this year, I am just not sure that they are at the point in the first game to blow somebody off the field, especially at Gate City...........although I do hope I am wrong !

Edited by Bigrhsfan

You may be right, i don't know, but I have too much respect for the devils program to just completely write them off.

Also, the Blues are not quite the team they have been in years past. Not trying to be disrespectful to the blues because I love my blues more than anything, but the blues are young and very inexperienced in some very important places.

Maybe not to the extent of some teams, but our QB's have a lot of talent, but no experience and we lost Devon ( who could score from anywhere on the field ) and probably even more important is the fact that we lost a lot of good to great O-linemen and D-linemen and will be somewhat inexperienced there also.

I do think the blues will be very good, especially a few games into the season. The D will be good. they have a lot of team speed on the Defensive side of the ball and have some really good LB's ! They will knock the snott out of you. That's why I only gave the Devils 8 points, but the D is a little ahead of the offense right now. But you can see the potential of the offense. Really stacked at wide receiver and RB's ! They just need playing time as far as the O-line and QB's goes.

They do have a lot of talent and have some speed so i think they have a pretty high ceiling for this year, I am just not sure that they are at the point in the first game to blow somebody off the field, especially at Gate City...........although I do hope I am wrong !

This