Union @ Richlands

Nadoball

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, an advantage may have just gone to the Union Bears for this game.

I was just reading about the game and saw were Ben Brown had to have knee surgery for a torn meniscus and will be out 3 to 4 weeks !

It's hurts the blues because he is a good QB, but I think it really hurts because he also is the punter / place kicker and also plays DB on defense when Baker is the QB, and when Brown is at QB, Baker plays DB.

Could make a big difference in the game. I worry more about loosing him as a punter and field goal kicker.

Ben is a very good field goal kicker. You could count on him from about 35 yards in. And is dangerous from about 40 to 45. If I am not mistaken he kicked a 35 to 37 yarder last week at GC. Plus the extra point factor also ! I guess we'll see who steps up.

A field goal was the difference in the game last year !

No excuses..........the next guy has to step up ! But make no mistake, it will hurt that's for sure.

also heard that E-Johnson has a concussion and may not play, that leaves a huge void in the running game and defense.

Man, it's beginning to sound like a Mash unit this week.

I hadn't heard about E.Johnson but I sure hope he is not out also ! That would be 2 starters on O and D and EJ is such a good blocker and a horse to bring down ! Dang good LB too !

Well, someone just has to step up and do the job, but it's going to hurt.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Come on guys, the game hasn't even started and the excuses are already flying!! Trust me, this will be a good game regardless of who either team has starting or is missing. I could list a string of Union players that aren't 100% tonight but I'm not. If the past repeats itsself, I would not want to miss this one because every year this is one of the best games in southwest virginia.

Come on guys, the game hasn't even started and the excuses are already flying!! Trust me, this will be a good game regardless of who either team has starting or is missing. I could list a string of Union players that aren't 100% tonight but I'm not. If the past repeats itsself, I would not want to miss this one because every year this is one of the best games in southwest virginia.

Nobody is making excuses !!!

We are talking about our players that may not be able to play, and I even said in my post that there are no excuses ! The next guy has to step up.

We have gave Union their respect and know it's going to be a tough game, but there are facts about a couple of our players that we are just talking about. Some of our fans on here didn't know about the injuries and i thought that was what this site is about, talking about the game and getting and giving info, but i guess now if you do that, it is now making excuses !

We will have several players that are not 100% that will play also, but we are talking about a couple of starters that may not play at all, and at least one of them is counted on to do all of our kicking besides being our starting QB, which could have a big bearing on the game.

If Union wins, you will not hear any excuses from me, just a congrats on a good win !

Edited by Bigrhsfan

I hate to hear about kids being hurt, but I dont think its as big of a deal as yall may think. Last season Johnson was injured and look how good that game was. Richlands reloads and usually has as good of a second string as their first string.

Hearing some more bad stuff....

I hadn't heard about E.Johnson but I sure hope he is not out also ! That would be 2 starters on O and D and EJ is such a good blocker and a horse to bring down ! Dang good LB too !

That's OK, the QB from Graham will save the day...

As far as I am concerned at this point unless something drastically changes, 45 should be playing, everything to this point seems good to go.

As far as I am concerned at this point unless something drastically changes, 45 should be playing, everything to this point seems good to go.

Here at the game. Johnson is in pads and warming up.

Good game. Sad to see a few unsportsman plays. I've lost count of the personal fouls I've witnessed. Richlands fans blowing whistles in the stands while union has the ball? A lot of respect lost tonight.

Edited by frankthetank

Good game. Sad to see a few unsportsman plays. I've lost count of the personal fouls I've witnessed. Richlands fans blowing whistles in the stands while union has the ball? A lot of respect lost tonight.

uncalled for no matter which school is doing it. maybe personal fouls should be called each play that one blows and is heard by refs. if that does not work then stop game tell fans if it happens again both sides will be removed from game and teams finish game without fans. drastict but if it continued that would be one way of sending a clear message to fans on both sides.

uncalled for no matter which school is doing it. maybe personal fouls should be called each play that one blows and is heard by refs. if that does not work then stop game tell fans if it happens again both sides will be removed from game and teams finish game without fans. drastict but if it continued that would be one way of sending a clear message to fans on both sides.

They actually had to announce for them to stop at halftime,but it didn't. That team is a joke when it comes to discipline. Pathetic.

They actually had to announce for them to stop at halftime,but it didn't. That team is a joke when it comes to discipline. Pathetic.

It was a good hard fought game by both teams. Don't go whining and complaining. Both teams were taking late shots. Take off the Chicago Bears colored glasses and admit that it was both ways. Even if RHS had lost, it was just a good, hard-fought game between two really good teams.

Good luck the rest of the way. I know I'll be pulling for the Bears from here out.

It was a good hard fought game by both teams. Don't go whining and complaining. Both teams were taking late shots. Take off the Chicago Bears colored glasses and admit that it was both ways. Even if RHS had lost, it was just a good, hard-fought game between two really good teams.

Good luck the rest of the way. I know I'll be pulling for the Bears from here out.

Not a personal blow toward you or anyone else and no whining. Watch the play around the second quarter on unions sideline when the 45 kid makes his hit. He shouldn't even play another down. Game film will be made available tomorrow.you be the judge.

Not a personal blow toward you or anyone else and no whining. Watch the play around the second quarter on unions sideline when the 45 kid makes his hit. He shouldn't even play another down. Game film will be made available tomorrow.you be the judge.

Granted, it was a late hit. But what about the kid that head-hunted Todd on the kickoff return in the 2nd half? He went in with intent to hurt Todd. So all these hits were going both ways.

Granted, it was a late hit. But what about the kid that head-hunted Todd on the kickoff return in the 2nd half? He went in with intent to hurt Todd. So all these hits were going both ways.

I don't expect you to admit it. Its your team. I'm finished commenting about this as I knowit will not change things. It was unions game to lose and they didn't connect

I walked away knowing that union was the best team and that is fine with me. I had fun tonight and was able to watch a good game.

I am not sure if you watched most of the game but i was on the sidelines and continually watched officals blow call after call, 45 did have a late hit out of bounds but that happens its football(hard to stop momentum) first play of the game Union player had a late hit on one of our players, don't see us complaining that he should be taken out of the game...so get over yourself, the game was lucky to be close, only one score of Union was unassisted by the men in stripes. Don't understand how a Union RB can lower his helmet and a richlands player hits him with his face guard and it is a personal foul on richlands and it happened twice. The phantom pass interference call in the first half and then when a union player intentionally grabs the jersey of a richlands player catching a deep ball it wasn't called. Richlands made their mistake with offsides and the one personal foul but its not a stretch to say that the rest weren't extremely questionable. I think you should take that same film you are talking about and share it with VHSL for the rest of the calls that were made. Even the last personal foul was called "style yards" on the radio because of the acting job of that one player. Maybe i expect too much from HS officals but tonight it was surely lacking and it seems they are the same officals that are going to be used as replacements on Sundays.....

I don't expect you to admit it. Its your team. I'm finished commenting about this as I knowit will not change things. It was unions game to lose and they didn't connect

I walked away knowing that union was the best team and that is fine with me. I had fun tonight and was able to watch a good game.

I literally just admitted that Erics hit was way late.

Had we not turne the ball over 3 time holding the ball like Vick, this game would have been much different. But, as it was, it was a great game.