Richlands @ Graham

Ryan4VT

I agree with everyone on here. I think it's going to hopefully be a great game and it would be great for Graham to get back to a level where this game every year will be a toss-up! With Richland's recent domination of this area in football, Graham is still going to have a mountain to climb to get a win but, this is as close to each other, hype-wise, that these two teams have been since 07! Can't wait to be there!

BTW-this King Kone guy is a character! LOL!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get back to talking football... please.

For what it's worth.... Richlands is now one of my favorite teams. I have some ties to the team there that I was unaware of until recently. I may give certain posters on here a hard time sometimes... but for what it's worth, I respect the hard work and sacrifice that all of the kids put in for all of the area teams.

In fact, when they're not playing Graham, I pull for all of the Tazewell Co. Schools to do well...and Bluefield and Princeton.

I just wish some folks wouldn't take things that are said in fun on here too seriously, or think that I have any ill will towards them or their team...because I don't.

We all give each other a hard time on here at times, and I think some take it too seriously at times.............yes, me included, but i still respect all the teams and kids & coaches that play and coach this great game no matter what team they play for !

I played, just as many on here have and understand the work and sacrifice these kids and coaches put into it !

I truly hope it is a good, clean, safe and hard hitting football game. We all win if it is ! It's good to see the other 2 Tazewell co teams on their way back up where they belong ! Really going to make for some great football games again, just like it was a few years back !

Can we get back to talking football... please.

For what it's worth.... Richlands is now one of my favorite teams. I have some ties to the team there that I was unaware of until recently. I may give certain posters on here a hard time sometimes... but for what it's worth, I respect the hard work and sacrifice that all of the kids put in for all of the area teams.

In fact, when they're not playing Graham, I pull for all of the Tazewell Co. Schools to do well...and Bluefield and Princeton.

I just wish some folks wouldn't take things that are said in fun on here too seriously, or think that I have any ill will towards them or their team...because I don't.

Totally agree and as i said i chose to ignore the one on here from now on and talk football with what little knowledge i have being that i am 8 years removed from the blfd va area now but i try to keep up via friends here and family.

Not that I have to answer to someone like you with a massive swollen ego....Southbound is a joke and probably not real...but you are the strong serious type so it is all serious to you....with that I have two words for you....suck it...

I'm far from serious... I just quit finding poop & tampon jokes funny in third grade. But continue on, it won't bother me.

With that being said, I'll say a phrase I've never said before... Go G-Men!

will chose to ignore any further post by this person. he is not what we need on this board maybe he could go to va preps.

I agree.. He's actually worse than some of the salem trolls I've seen on there & that's saying a lot.

We all give each other a hard time on here at times, and I think some take it too seriously at times.............yes, me included, but i still respect all the teams and kids & coaches that play and coach this great game no matter what team they play for !

I played, just as many on here have and understand the work and sacrifice these kids and coaches put into it !

I truly hope it is a good, clean, safe and hard hitting football game. We all win if it is ! It's good to see the other 2 Tazewell co teams on their way back up where they belong ! Really going to make for some great football games again, just like it was a few years back !

Yes... Getting excited about friday nights again...it's great. We're all lucky to be living in this area with the atmosphere and support at the games... I have lived elsewhere in Virginia.... and it doesn't even compare.... even with the big schools.

Guest king kone
will chose to ignore any further post by this person. he is not what we need on this board maybe he could go to va preps.
Good. I ain't losin' any sleep over it or you.....

Guest king kone
I agree.. He's actually worse than some of the salem trolls I've seen on there & that's saying a lot.
You have one of worst cases of diarrhea of the mouth I've ever seen....you just have that compulsion to post one more time....

You have one of worst cases of diarrhea of the mouth I've ever seen....you just have that compulsion to post one more time....

You really need to have a timeout. Or be banned completely. You have added Notgibg productive to a thread in a long time. And now, you're just getting worse.

If I had the power to do so, I'd have already given you a ban. Lucky for you, I don't have those. But, I figure when GMan gets back we will see a colorful new ban hammer.

Guest king kone
You really need to have a timeout. Or be banned completely. You have added Notgibg productive to a thread in a long time. And now, you're just getting worse.

If I had the power to do so, I'd have already given you a ban. Lucky for you, I don't have those. But, I figure when GMan gets back we will see a colorful new ban hammer.

I know. It is all me....

@King Kone: Pot, meet kettle. I have stayed out of this up to now, but I have to say you are out of line in my humble opinion, and have pushed the limits of civil conversation. Sometimes it's just best to "put on your big girl panties", agree to disagree and move on.

Back to the topic...Richlands wins by at least 3 TDs. I don't think Richlands has play to their full potential yet. I also think the Gmen faithful may be putting too much stock in the 2 wins they have so far. Tazewll is 0-13, and Princeton scored a bunch of points on Bluefield too. I guess we will see Friday night. Good luck to both teams and hopefully everyone stays healthy.

Back to the topic...Richlands wins by at least 3 TDs. I don't think Richlands has play to their full potential yet. I also think the Gmen faithful may be putting too much stock in the 2 wins they have so far. Tazewll is 0-13, and Princeton scored a bunch of points on Bluefield too. I guess we will see Friday night. Good luck to both teams and hopefully everyone stays healthy.

Graham made a ton of mistakes against an improved Tazewell team (not unlike the Blue Wind Machine from Cedar Bluff in its game last week), and Bluefield won its game (scoring 31 more than the week before).

It's going to be good. I'd be surprised if the margin of victory was 20+.

Graham made a ton of mistakes against an improved Tazewell team (not unlike the Blue Wind Machine from Cedar Bluff in its game last week), and Bluefield won its game (scoring 31 more than the week before).

I agree. I think the game will be an emotional game, especially on the Gmen side of the ball. This is the best team Graham has fielded in recent years. I do think Richlands will be expecting a tough contest.

Good points, but Tazewell also turned the ball over and they resulted in Graham tds. That game was in question until late. Bluefield did score points, after some pretty good special teams play, or should I say poor special teams play by Princeton? How many onsides kick did they recover? Something like 5 or 6. Anyway, I just have a feeling it might get a little ugly early and often. I may make the trip up to see just how good both teams are.

Richlands has 2 good wins. Last week we were lucky to walk off the field with the W! We have not played to our potential yet, and if we decide to turn the ball over and commit numerous silly penalties again this friday, Graham of course can win.

If we Play like were capable, Richlands wins 37-14. If we turn the ball over and try to set the record for penalties again and allow Graham to hang around until the second half, It will be a long 30 mile drive home and an even harder week ahead reading all the posts on here.

I know it's early, but Graham is currently in 1st place in Power Points in the Western Section for Division 2. A win over Richlands or Princeton would be a big boost. Hopefully they can compete well in the MED and position themselves well for the post-season.

Where would I go to be able to obtain the current standings for the Western Section D2 Power Points? Thanks. Go G-Men!

Historically, if we are good enough to beat Bluefield we are good enough to beat Richlands. The jury is still out on the beavers. Richlands beat the worst Gate City team in many many years 10 days ago, and they beat a Union team who barely beat that Gate City team in a scrimmage after they just played a half. So really do you know what you have yet? I don't think so. This is a Richlands team that has had to replace a whole lot. Sure they have looked good.But this isn't Graham 2011 you're playing. I think some of you actually think you're gonna show up and beat us by 20 plus just by showing up. This game means much more to us than it does you guys. You are the big dogs, were getting reestablished. We make a statement beating you. Other than beating us it means nothing to you. Keep believing your going to smoke us, it just fuels us. See ya Friday.

Good points, but Tazewell also turned the ball over and they resulted in Graham tds. That game was in question until late. Bluefield did score points, after some pretty good special teams play, or should I say poor special teams play by Princeton? How many onsides kick did they recover? Something like 5 or 6. Anyway, I just have a feeling it might get a little ugly early and often. I may make the trip up to see just how good both teams are.

They turned the ball over because we were laying the wood to them. They didn't fumble into air. Tazewell is much better, but that game was never in doubt.