Tell me Im wrong......

UNIONFAN

Tell me im wrong.......

The Union bears are a better team than they were last season.

The Bears have one more season under their belt for the coaching staff and players which IMO has caused the confedince level in both to rise. Im digging the I formation and Power I over the T and spread and well dangit the kids seem to be leaving it all on the feild win or loose.

Tell me im wrong......

The Greenwave have made a statement that in Clintwood they reload not rebuild with these first two games. IMO the Wave look alot like late last season instead of a school who lost a bunch of starters.

Tell me im wrong.......

If Richlands played in D2 Single A (student body wise they should be) They would have had atleast 4 state championships in the last 7 years.

Tell me im wrong.......

Abingdon would be so much better off if they exchanged their football team for a water polo team. Atleast they would win their district in Water Polo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me im wrong.......

If Richlands played in D2 Single A (student body wise they should be) They would have had atleast 4 state championships in the last 7 years.

This actually is wrong. Richlands is AA size, but just barely. Were the classification systems not redone, Richlands would've been D2 size in the next cycle. But it was not, and currently is not, of D2 size.

Last year's Richlands team was better than this year's Richlands team. Devon Johnson, Reese Strong and company would definitely beat this team. I don't think that's even up for debate. Last year Union almost beat that team. Therefore, I would have to say last year's Union team was better than this year's Union team.

I won't argue with you on the Abingdon comment. :)

Edited by blueinbama

Tell me im wrong.......

way wrong...as said by UVAO...by the numbers, especially those of 7 years ago...Richlands is not a D2 team. Even then, I'm not so sure they would have won state 4 of the last 7 years.

Youre wrong about Clintwood.

They are really good but can dominate people on the los like the did last year with their Oline/FB so they are gonna have to pass more and thats the one thing they didnt do a good job of against Haysi. To me they are on the same level as they wereat this point in the season. The fact that they lined up in some 3 wide and trips formations and tried to throw the ball tells me that Mullins knows what I just said.

Your right lance is wrong about the blues not being d2 size look at the student count there is 7 schools bigger than them now that are d2 5 have been d2 for a while abingdon is weak so they would not see no state in waterpolo either lol

Your right lance is wrong about the blues not being d2 size look at the student count there is 7 schools bigger than them now that are d2 5 have been d2 for a while abingdon is weak so they would not see no state in waterpolo either lol

Richlands had around 1000 kids 7 years ago...not even close.

IMO the Wave look alot like late last season instead of a school who lost a bunch of starters.

They didn't lose many starters. Returned 8 on D and 7 on O. They are ahead of where they were at this point last year but they're nowhere near what they were after week 10 last year.

Last year's Richlands team was better than this year's Richlands team. Devon Johnson, Reese Strong and company would definitely beat this team. I don't think that's even up for debate. Last year Union almost beat that team. Therefore, I would have to say last year's Union team was better than this year's Union team.

Last year Devon didn't get to contribute much in that game and we were missing Eric Johnson, so the defensive line backers were a little young but the same bunch this year are older and expereniced. Without Devon, Reese was left to beat you with the pass and pretty much did.

Union with same backs is more methodical this year, if them fellows keep doing what their doing and improving they will be tough by season's in. I think Union is better this year.

Richlands was up around 1000 in the early 2000's....they were second largest in the area behind Abingdon at one point...they have the biggest 9th grade class this year they've had in years.

Yes, it is up for debate. From what I have seen from Baker, he has faster wheels that Reese and a better arm. Colton Staten has been a powder keg. We gave up 250+ yards rushing yards to a good stable of running backs, 3 to 4 yards a pop. If you remember last year giving up 300+ yards to one back (Sam Wright.) I don't think that last year's team was that memorable. They got shellacked by a above average (at best) team in Cave Spring. Didn't get to watch last year's Union game. But, Union did not have an outstanding season last year. This year, the team I saw could make a playoff run if they improve their defense. They definitely have the three yards and a cloud of dust down pat. This year's Richlands team could surprise some people, if the OL comes around.

Richlands was up around 1000 in the early 2000's....they were second largest in the area behind Abingdon at one point...they have the biggest 9th grade class this year they've had in years.

I was in school from 04-08 and we Never were even close to 1,000. 800-850 I can see. 1,000 no way.

Don't think he was referring to them being D2 size 7 years ago, he was just saying if they would have been 7 years ago that they would have won.

either way it makes no sense.

That's like saying if Clintwood played in AAA they wouldn't have won state last year...well, duh.