Richlands players

-oo-

I just heard that some Richlands players got caught with drugs sometime last week. Is this true? My source is unreliable but I thought it was important enough to try to find out the truth on here.

I just heard that some Richlands players got caught with drugs sometime last week. Is this true? My source is unreliable but I thought it was important enough to try to find out the truth on here.

One player. Immediately kicked off the team. Awaiting a decision on his high school future.

As GMan said, yesterday's news and this in no way effects the team any further.

Obviously some don’t accept it. Heard a story today that Graham High School was visited recently by a VHSL rep and TCSB rep. They were there to verify the residence of the kids formally from Bluefield WV. VHSL was satisfied about their residence after physically visiting each home.<O:p</O:p

<O:p

However, was also told that the visitors were invited to check a residence within walking distance of GHS to verify that an outbound transfer from GHS was in fact not living there but got a stout refusal from TCSB.<O:p</O:p

Anybody else hearing this?<O:p</O:p

Edited by Popeye

Guest king kone
Obviously some don’t accept it. Heard a story today that Graham High School was visited recently by a VHSL rep and TCSB rep. They were there to verify the residence of the kids formally from Bluefield WV. VHSL was satisfied about their residence after physically visiting each home.<O:p</O:p

However, was also told that the visitors were invited to check a residence within walking distance of GHS to verify that an outbound transfer from GHS was in fact not living there but got a stout refusal from TCSB.<O:p</O:p

He lives near Critterville....

Ok serious question here about transfers/enrollment. What are the guidelines? When I was in school there was a family that lived down below me actually in Bland county however all the kids went to Tazewell. They did play a few sports but that was by no means a reason to come to Tazewell.

So how did they do that?

As long as they entered Tazewell as a first time 9th grader they would be good to go. Also anytime anyone has a question on eligibility you can go to the VHSL.org and look at the online handbook.

That would explain it then as they were always there from the beginning.

Ok serious question here about transfers/enrollment. What are the guidelines? When I was in school there was a family that lived down below me actually in Bland county however all the kids went to Tazewell. They did play a few sports but that was by no means a reason to come to Tazewell.

So how did they do that?

I would assume that this was before Tazewell Co. asked for proof of residency, so it was probably no big deal.

In Tazewell County, if you start at a school entering 9th grade you can attend any school you wish. If you transfer after you have attended one of the three High schools however, you have to provide proof of residency. It happens more than people realize. Just wait until one of the High Schools fail to meet state standards and the students are allowed to transfer for academics. There is an article in the BDT today about Bluefield Intermediate and their situation.

Guest king kone
That would make sense. They have the finest basketball goals around.
If there is ever a case study in tunnel vision you should be invited....