With a big smile on my face

battleftbl

I hear that battle is fast and hit hard!!!! I look for the falcons to cave once they get hit!!!!! I am going with battle to win

Battle has been playing really physical ball this year and we've got speed. We've also got a lot of scoring options (had 5 different guys score last Friday) and we can both run and throw the ball. Should be a very interesting game.

I'll start this post.

Battle vs Abingdon, thoughts and predictions?

Going to go with the Falcons here ....Battle is due to have one of those games where things go the wrong way... This is against logic to pick the Falcons but this is where I am going with my pic ...Abingdon 14- Battle 13

Abingdon has the talent to hang with most anyone. But, our current offensive set up is not going to score very much. We have some good wide outs but our QB makes poor decisions and honestly does not throw very well. We have a couple of good backs that are not used according to their strengths. If we had the right people in the right spots and our coach wasn't quite so dogmatic about the offense, we could be tough. Defensively,we are pretty sound in the middle. Outside is questionable. As bad as I hate to say it, Battle wins this game by 2 TDs.

Having seen both teams play i feel Battle will break the long losing streak against Abingdon, however i think 2 or 3 td's difference is too much to expect.

JSB 20, Abingdon 10.

Should be an entertaining game to watch!

I'm going with Battle 21 Abingdon 10

I do think it'll be 21-3 heading to the 4th and Abingdon will get a TD late. I'm thinking get the W and try to stay healthy. It will be very vanilla playcalling if the score dictates it. Gate City is up next and there is no reason to show more than needed. They'll love the PH tape they're getting. Be a good chance to watch the Battle 2nd team play 2 quarters of football and no passes after the first quarter. If the coaching staff can stay simple in this one, you better believe they will.

Abingdon has the talent to hang with most anyone. But, our current offensive set up is not going to score very much. We have some good wide outs but our QB makes poor decisions and honestly does not throw very well. We have a couple of good backs that are not used according to their strengths. If we had the right people in the right spots and our coach wasn't quite so dogmatic about the offense, we could be tough. Defensively,we are pretty sound in the middle. Outside is questionable. As bad as I hate to say it, Battle wins this game by 2 TDs.

Couldn't have said it any better. Dead on.

Battle will get upset by the Falcons!!

No no, just kidding! Battle by 2 TD's. This group is a special group there at JSB. They're having a really good season so far, and they'll keep that up this Friday Night. Good luck to them the rest of the way, and make SWVA proud!

This group of Seniors are the same boys that (during their Freshman year)caused weeping & gnashing of teeth by the Falcon parents after the JV game. I can't remember the score, but I remember that JSB won big. I, also, remember passing Falcon parents after the game and hearing them whining that JSB cheated because the poor Falcon JV played our Varsity team that night. Only because some of our freshman got a little playing time towards the end of the Varsity game the previous Friday night. Heck...Abingdon's varsity was whoopin' our hiney that night. Why not let the JV go out on the field for a few minutes. If I'm not mistaken, the 8th grade also beat Abingdon pretty bad that same year. So, I predict that Battle will win by at least 2 TD's as long as they can keep their heads in the game.