School lunches cut back too much?

i never got a damn cherry in my fruit either? just a crunchy piece of pear...

Finding a cherry in your fruit was like finding the golden ticket at lunch. Everyone wanted to trade something for it, lol.

Finding a cherry in your fruit was like finding the golden ticket at lunch. Everyone wanted to trade something for it, lol.

and what was up with that petrified chunk of pear? huh?

I happen to like a little crunch with my mixed fruit, lol. What was worse than that was choking on a pear or apple stem in your fruit. Or, speaking of a different fruit, opening a box of raisins (like my class did once when the teacher got us something extra from the lunchroom because we were so hungry at the end of the day) and finding more fruit flies in your box than actual raisins.

i've never liked the pizza, but the mashed potatoes and green beans at TVHS are great with a pack of salt on each.

we've had bean burritos in a bag, 3 times in the last 6 days.

That doesn't sound very good about the burritos. I believe I'd just rather go hungry after the second day than eat them a 3rd time in a week.

Well, today was a pretty bad day for lunch, all they had were a ham and cheese sandwich that I didn't want to eat, and eventually did, but the past 2 days, I've had headaches from being hungry, and that's going to be a problem with others as well. I'd like to petition but it would do no good.

Thanks Michelle Obama. You suck.

Every Wednesday was chicken nugget day. Glorious chicken nuggets with great rolls which the sweet lunch lady would hide a couple of nuggets under for me. I miss those days. Usually it also came with mashed potatoes and chocolate pudding and a dang good bbq sauce to dip them in you could ladle onto your tray.

can't believe no one has discussed the mystery meat...shows up as turkey one day, roast beef a couple of days later...same grey/brown colored meat lol.

I just think of it as some kind of mixed meat sausage and go on with my life.

i never got a damn cherry in my fruit either? just a crunchy piece of pear...

I liked the crunchy pear...never was a fan of cherries though...