The Backyard Brawl

Ryan4VT

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football players play football! They don't play the fans!!!! That's no excuse!

I've been coming to these games forever, I will have to say this is by far the worst I've been to regarding sportsmanship. AJ was wrong in what he did I think the punishment was appropriate. However the Tazewell crowd has no room to talk about us being the Rednecks of the county anymore. I can give you probably 6 different instances from Saturday when I personally heard fans disrespecting anyone within ear shot with a Richlands shirt on I thought it was terrible. After this and seeing and hearing everything Tazewell you have moved to the Redneck column for good. I think the best quote of the weekend came from Colton Staten in the Bristol Hearld Courier " They were talking all week and we came out and showed them what a real football team looked like ". As long as Greg Mance wears the whistle at Richlands Tazewell will never beat Richlands period.

Haha!! You guys act like all this stuff from fans is new. I remember playing at Ernie Hicks in 1990. Those fans told me about my family, what I had ate all week, where I lived, and what they were gonna do to me if we won. And they were pretty accurate I must say! LOL If you ever want to hear some real trash talk, stand on the sidelines at Gate City when you are down about 40 points...

speaking of GC, there were ample seating on gc home side, but serveral gc fans sat on visitors side, i know you can set wherever you want, but if you ask for it, youre gonna get it.........

The entire "home" side is only season tickets. Half of the "visitor" side is for Gate City fans, half is for the visiting team.

When Richlands plays down there it gets wayyy cramped up. Gotta be there at least an hour before kickoff to get a seat.

thats a new one for me..................:eek:

yeah...it's crazy down there...went to see Richlands and GC play back around 2004 or so and the Richlands kids were on the sideline trying to flap their arms and get the crowd fired up...lol...and they got booed...they just stood there looking like WTF? and they didn't realize that half of the visitors side was GC fans...it was a funny moment.

Ron and Dave @ WGTH had to sit outside @ the RHS and Abingdon game. One of their fans keep yelling into the radio broadcast, until the flood gates opened up in the 4th qtr.......she left.

Oh my...the bloodcurdling scream was unnerving in trying to listen on the net. She KNEW exactly what she was doing... she drowned out the WGTH crew several times. It was so incredibly LOUD...she sounded like they had given her a microphone too. In fact, one of the guys mentioned about it being difficult for the radio audience to understand them because of the screams.

Nothing wrong with her vocal cords!!!:D

Edited by trublue

Has anyone read the Clinch Valley/Richlands News press today? Dave Cox pretty much called out the High School kids in his recap of the game Saturday. I don't have a link and I don't ype well enough to post it, but if you have a chance to read it, you should. It sounds like he was upset when he wrote it LOL