Region 4-D3

starcityfootballfan

No doubt, that Richlands IS, and deserves to be, the top seed in Region 4-D3. However, this year, the region is a field of "weaker than usual." Cave Spring should be the first opponent for the Blues in round two. This is NOT the Cave Spring teams from the past several years and the Tornado will advance to host Tunstall. The Trojans could give the Blues some trouble early on, but not enough trouble to deny Richlands another regional trophy. However, no team from Region 4 will be able to match what awaits from Region 3 ... the Brookville Bees!

Thoughts?

Edited by starcityfootballfan

Brookville definitely has the team to win it all... And as far as D3 Regions, I believe we'll be able to win it, but Cave and Tunstall should be tough matchups.

Cave Spring has been so "hit and miss" this season! Unless they are playing on all cylinders, the Blues will roll in round two! Playing at home will also be a big plus for Richlands. I sure hope that you guys take the regional crown ... good luck!

Cave Spring has been so "hit and miss" this season! Unless they are playing on all cylinders, the Blues will roll in round two! Playing at home will also be a big plus for Richlands. I sure hope that you guys take the regional crown ... good luck!

That's good that Cave has been "hit or miss" this year, and hopefully they'll "miss" and lose to us. As far as homefield, it's always nice to have that advantage where the team can feed off of the crowd's energy and play their hardest.

It would be the biggest upset in Region IV history if some team not named Richlands wins R4D3 this season. Then again, it was long ago certain that Region IV is Brookeville's sacrificial lamb...

Rember-Jets beat Colts in SB 111.

i'm gonna write it down, Brookville will be state champs...

Well then, since Brookville has already won the state, wish someone would call the VHSL and cancel the playoffs.

I agree, Brookville looks unbeatable, but that's why they play them.

Brookville and then junior Logan Thomas was suppost to beat us pretty easy in 2007, we won 24-14. In 2010 most thought again our run was over, but we left Brookville 44-7 winners. Oh yea, I'm not gonna bring up the 2008 game, lol

Well then, since Brookville has already won the state, wish someone would call the VHSL and cancel the playoffs.

Brookville and then junior Logan Thomas was suppost to beat us pretty easy in 2007, we won 24-14. In 2010 most thought again our run was over, but we left Brookville 44-7 winners. Oh yea, I'm not gonna bring up the 2008 game, lol

Yeah, why you don't talk about that game for?

No doubt, that Richlands IS, and deserves to be, the top seed in Region 4-D3. However, this year, the region is a field of "weaker than usual." Cave Spring should be the first opponent for the Blues in round two. This is NOT the Cave Spring teams from the past several years and the Tornado will advance to host Tunstall. The Trojans could give the Blues some trouble early on, but not enough trouble to deny Richlands another regional trophy. However, no team from Region 4 will be able to match what awaits from Region 3 ... the Brookville Bees!

Thoughts?

Same thing was said each of the three times Richlands has played Brookville. Richlands won two of the three.

Yeah, why you don't talk about that game for?

Because there is nothing to talk about bee went up there and got our ass spanked. Same as if Tazewell, Graham, Tunstall or any other team from the reason woul have gotten their ass spanked. Period.

It would be the biggest upset in Region IV history if some team not named Richlands wins R4D3 this season. Then again, it was long ago certain that Region IV is Brookeville's sacrificial lamb...

I really dont see it being an upset if Richlands does not win Region. In fact it would not surprise me if they get knocked out in the Region Semis. Cave Springs has played the toughest schedule of the teams in the Region IV D3 playoffs and had some close losses. Really depends on what CS team shows up to play.

Aug. 24 William Byrd L 14-27

Aug. 31 @ Martinsville W 27-13

Sept. 7 @ Northside L 7-24

Sept. 14 Lord Botetourt L 17-22

Sept. 21 @ Alleghany W 35-2

Sept. 28 OPEN

Oct. 5 Salem L 21-28

Oct. 12 @ Pulaski County W 17-14

Oct. 19 Blacksburg W 21-14

Oct. 26 @ Christiansburg W 37-24

Nov. 2 @ Hidden Valley L 12-21

Same thing was said each of the three times Richlands has played Brookville. Richlands won two of the three.

Anything can happen. That said.....

This edition of the Brookville squad is far better across the board than any of those that Richlands has faced before.

As a Richlands fan, Richlands has to worry about the Cave Spring/Abingdon winner first!! And then whoever we may face after that!!

Brookville will be tough, but it is always fun to make the trip to Lynchburg!! :)

As a Richlands fan, Richlands has to worry about the Cave Spring/Abingdon winner first!! And then whoever we may face after that!!

Brookville will be tough, but it is always fun to make the trip to Lynchburg!! :)

Agree on both points! As an RHS grad living in Central Virginia, I've grown very spoiled by the frequent appearances of the Blues in the Lynchburg area during playoff season.

I think most of us RHS fans have become spoiled by our recent success and trips to Lynchburg!! We must enjoy it while it lasts. Who knows when it will come to a (hopefully) temporary end!! :)

I'll be sure to make that call tomorrow..

Im a Richlands fan and in my heart Richlands will beat CS but my head says I don't know. We have lost our two weapons on O-Baker and Johnson. Richlands I think has to play there perfect game this time around to beat CS. One reason I say this look back to the PC game, if it wasnt for our passing with Baker that game was over long before it was. Now that we have lost Baker and Johnson, IDK. Sorry my honest opinion.