Battle vs Giles

battleftbl

I wanted to go watch the game but ended up working late. I kept up with the score on here and was pretty surprised. Don't know how much longer it can keep going for Battle but hope they get a few more weeks.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to Battle. I've been counting them out all year it seems, picking them to lose game after game.

Last night Battle put on the best performance of any team i've seen in any game all season.

You kids at Battle play hard, play smart and with much respect for your opponent. And even though you've had your doubters, many of us here in SWVA are happy to see you all having the success you're having.

Good luck next week against Fort Chiswell and keep it rolling!

Honaker may not want to hear this....but it was the first game for Battle without Cody Rogers playing....he was out with a high ankle sprain. Though 1 man doesnt make a team, he is the most athletic player on the field and really stretches defenses to open things up for everyone else....... Also, Battle had 5 turnovers in that ball game that left the defense on the field the entire game...... Honaker is a quality team, but that was a little bit of a fluke game. Anything that could have went wrong, went wrong. That's taking nothing away from Honaker as they took advantage of everything like good teams do.

As for how long it keeps going....Battle and Ft. Chiswell played a benefit game before the season started which was a very tight ball game. The starters were left tied and the Ft.Chiswell JV's got the game winning score. That's been a long time ago, and both teams have improved. Should be a great game next Friday.

As for how long it keeps going....Battle and Ft. Chiswell played a benefit game before the season started which was a very tight ball game. The starters were left tied and the Ft.Chiswell JV's got the game winning score. That's been a long time ago, and both teams have improved. Should be a great game next Friday.

Is the game on Friday?

I went to see the Single Wing and a good game, I stayed to watch Battle. I picked Giles and was dead wrong. Very impressed with the Trojans.

I probably shouldnt say this(with my love of the BDD and all) but how did Honaker beat Battle? Honaker is pretty good but Battle looked really good tonight.

The Battle Defense was on it all night. Great game by them. Battle was definately the faster team and appeared to be stronger up front(espicially D line).

That interception by #1(Rodgers?) was one of the nicest plays I have ever seen.

Battle was, simply, not on their game. They turned the ball over like crazy & their defense forgot to show up (though some tend to think that the D was just worn down. True by the end of the 3rd quarter, but what was the excuse before then?) Yes, Rogers was hurt...but, I still think that even with Rogers, Battle would have lost that game because of how they played. Balthis has really stepped up and proved that not only does he have speed, but the power to be a playmaker.

You pretty well nailed the score but got the teams criscrossed...Final score Battle 37-Giles 14!

Crow is delicious. haha Being that I was born and raised in Narrows and graduated from VA High it wasn't hard to just pull for a good game. In all honesty, Battle made a believer out of me simply because they did to Giles what Christiansburg's, or anybody's for that matter, best teams over the last couple years couldn't do and that was just flat out physically dominate them. I don't know if anyone's done that since maybe Chilhowie last time Giles lost down there in the playoffs.

I'll be pulling for Fort to carry the MED flag next Friday at the Fort but if Battle can stay grounded and play that same brand of football, I wouldn't be surprised to see them playing in Salem.

Good luck and good health to everybody still playing.