Battle vs Giles

battleftbl

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so battleftbl. What some of them are saying is alot like falconman and southbound, just too ignorant to believe. Its obvious that this Battle team works hard, just look at where they were compared to where they are. Giles is never to be taken lightley

Most of the "knuckleheads" on the CMD board are not players. Doesn't take much to figure out who most of them are. Parents, fans, previous coaches, & some dummies that just want to spout about something they know nothing about. Battleftbl is correct in saying the kids are hard working & humble. Watch some gamefilm, read newspaper interviews. There's no southbound or falconman mentality playing for the Trojans.

Not all posters on CMD are bad, but the idiotic wanna-be's tarnish the reputation of the awesome young men representing the Trojans.

Edited by biggreen

Will be making my first trip to Battle for this game. I'm sure it will be a barn burner for the Spartans and Trojans. Going to go with Giles for the win.

Is there much visitor seating? Heard they had brought in extra bleachers for the VHS game.

The visitor stands at Battle are decent sized. They did bring in some extra bleachers for the Va High game but they were a joke. They had 3 sections that might hold 30 people in each section (if that much).

I am not sure of the total capacity of either side but there is plenty of standing room also if the seats are full. Va High brought a pretty good sized crowd but there weren't too many people standing.

Will be making my first trip to Battle for this game. I'm sure it will be a barn burner for the Spartans and Trojans. Going to go with Giles for the win.

Is there much visitor seating? Heard they had brought in extra bleachers for the VHS game.

Go Blues!!!

Go Spartans!!!

Life has many choices---eternity two

There's pretty good seating (though, like another poster mentioned, the extra bleachers were kind of a joke, but there's lots of standing room). My advice though if you're coming, 1) get there early (at the VHS/JSB game there was a good crowd of people waiting in line over 2 hours before the game started....and gates usually open at 5:30) and 2) if at all possible, avoid Exit 7 (just get off Exit 10 on I-81, whether you're coming from the north or south, it's much easier).

Oh, and watch where you park. At the last game, someone parked in front of a stop sign at the parking lot and their car was towed and there was another car blocking a driveway (don't know if it was towed or not).

One reason for the early line was pre-game hype about tickets going on sell early and selling out. It also gets dark earlier now and it messes with your perception of game time, lol. I hear there will be no early ticket sales for this round.

One reason for the early line was pre-game hype about tickets going on sell early and selling out. It also gets dark earlier now and it messes with your perception of game time, lol. I hear there will be no early ticket sales for this round.

There was a ton of hype for that game (and for good reason). I got there at about 4:00 and just headed up on top of the press box where I film. It was fun just watching all the people coming in and crowding up the parking lot (and watching cars getting towed for stupid parking too, lol).

JSB must have really good LB's and DE's if they just outplayed Giles...what happened? Giles have many turnovers/penalties/mistakes or did they just get whipped?

Giles took opening kickoff and went straight down the field for a TD. Battle appeared to have made adjustments and took it to them. There were not many penalties at all, I would say 5 or less. Both teams lost a fumble, and Cody Rogers had one of the prettiest interceptions you'll ever see. Battle controlled every aspect of the game after the initial series by Giles. Battle also blocked a punt and ran it in for a touchdown.

Upset Shocker....Coach Wright and the Battle Trogans put a clamp on the Giles offense and take this one 21 -14!

I called this game...but didn't think the Trojans would put up 37 points...oh well, good job Coach Wright and John Battle!!

No offense to the locals (of which i'm one of), but... Battle overrated. Giles rolls. Simple as that. Battle has cool uniforms, though.

Is Battle still overrated ...or was Giles overrated? Battle must be pretty solid!

My senior year of HS was spent at VHS. The week of the Region C championship game I had a conversation with some players from JB.

Ever played against the single wing?

No but we've watch their film the last couple days.

You're screwed.

That convo would fit just as well today as it did then. Giles rolls. This Battle team has a better O than the one in 98 so they might keep it close for a little longer but the only teams Battle has played with comparible D's is Honaker and VHS.

Giles 38, JB 14

You pretty well nailed the score but got the teams criscrossed...Final score Battle 37-Giles 14!

yeah,as i said this team reminded me of marions 01 team who played pulaski in the semis..coach wright if left alone is one of the best coaches around..i had alot of fun but my team came up short..marion that is

Edited by vols4life

Is Battle still overrated ...or was Giles overrated? Battle must be pretty solid!

I don't think either. Giles is solid year in and year out. This year's version was no different. You just don't do that, and I am extremely impressed!

Congrats Battle! Signature win, most definitely!

This is a team that can make some noise if they stay humble and work hard the rest of the way. Hats off, Trojans!

I went to see the Single Wing and a good game, I stayed to watch Battle. I picked Giles and was dead wrong. Very impressed with the Trojans.

I probably shouldnt say this(with my love of the BDD and all) but how did Honaker beat Battle? Honaker is pretty good but Battle looked really good tonight.

The Battle Defense was on it all night. Great game by them. Battle was definately the faster team and appeared to be stronger up front(espicially D line).

That interception by #1(Rodgers?) was one of the nicest plays I have ever seen.

probably cause honaker football team heard voices in their heads...J/K on that. my guess is honaker played solid defense against battle plus they did some spread offense too. again just guessing. congrates to battle though, good luck to them in next round