richlands vs cave spring

ba961

Speaks volumes to what? Starting next year we don't have to play schools that have much larger student bodies and had we moved down two years ago we may have won the last two division 2 championships. I don't know what you're trying to say.....

more excuses.

CS has less than 100 kids more than you do?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More excuses? I agree they had the better team in 3 of the last 4 years, how is that an excuse?

do you not read your own posts or you just lost? I'm talking about the divide between your program and CS just over the last 3 season...it went from being pretty evenly matched to a mismatch over the span of 3 years...CS started sending kids to the speed and conditioning school in Roanoke about 4 years ago and they are starting to see the benefits of it pay off.

You are talking about moving down to D2 a couple of years ago, which you are not a D2 school then nor now...you will be in a different situation going in to the new restructured alignment..but that doesn't help you 2 years ago. Trying to make it sound like you are a small school playing these bigger schools and thats just not the case...CS is pretty much the same size school as Richlands. Abingdon has 1000 kids, you still beat them like a drum every year.

The problem, again, is that you are able to beat teams around here who do not have athletes conditioned to the level the kids in the skill positions at CS and other schools are at now...and until you solve that you are going to see things get worse. You might get a good team that can make up for that in raw strength and ability every now and then...but its not going to be a yearly thing.

you guys recruit out of WV?

How many "transfers" played for Richlands against Cave Friday? We have heard all along that Richlands is good enough to win without them.

I was trying to lighten the mood, people. Sorry. I should have known better.

do you not read your own posts or you just lost? I'm talking about the divide between your program and CS just over the last 3 season...it went from being pretty evenly matched to a mismatch over the span of 3 years...CS started sending kids to the speed and conditioning school in Roanoke about 4 years ago and they are starting to see the benefits of it pay off.

It is what it is, Lance. Cave has had the better athletes the last couple of years. So what? I don't think anyone in Richlands thought at any time in the last two seasons that our teams were on a level with the 2006 or 2010 teams. Heck, I took shots on this board for saying that this year's team was probably the second worst Richlands team of the last eight or nine years.

I was trying to lighten the mood, people. Sorry. I should have known better.

Oh I'm not being a jerk, well maybe, but some of us get tired of some of the things that are defended, just like you guys get tired of hearing that you recruit. I was just pointing out that your starting QB (Graham) and best athlete (Big Creek) were missing and there have been a few posts using their absence as an excuse for the loss.

6 years is a long time. These seniors were in 6th grade. Try something else...

Why should I? It would be just plain stupid to think Richlands is going to be championship quality every year with home grown talent. Its just not gonna happen.

I was just pointing out that it is possible to have a good team without transfers...

Why should I? It would be just plain stupid to think Richlands is going to be championship quality every year with home grown talent. Its just not gonna happen.

I was just pointing out that it is possible to have a good team without transfers...

I didn't take it that way LOL. Guess I'm used to some other guys talking smack. I know how awesome the 2006 team was, I was coaching then. I also know that everything comes together in a perfect storm to win a State title, Talent, luck, coaching, Smart players(Fuller was like another coach on the field) lots of heart(Jennings...nuff said) and usually a bunch of seniors in key positions. Same can be said for Tazewell's '86 team, Richlands '92, and the Graham teams.

My point is that Since the Taz/Rich game in '08 Richlands has been more than fortunate in getting quality players. Johnsons, Lockhart, among others that have kept them on elite level. the '08 team is considered by most RHS fans as one of the worst teams since '04. Without the Johnsons, '09 would have been alot worse IMO.

I didn't take it that way LOL. Guess I'm used to some other guys talking smack. I know how awesome the 2006 team was, I was coaching then. I also know that everything comes together in a perfect storm to win a State title, Talent, luck, coaching, Smart players(Fuller was like another coach on the field) lots of heart(Jennings...nuff said) and usually a bunch of seniors in key positions. Same can be said for Tazewell's '86 team, Richlands '92, and the Graham teams.

My point is that Since the Taz/Rich game in '08 Richlands has been more than fortunate in getting quality players. Johnsons, Lockhart, among others that have kept them on elite level. the '08 team is considered by most RHS fans as one of the worst teams since '04. Without the Johnsons, '09 would have been alot worse IMO.

I agree completely.

You're wasting your time with this one...

Good grief, I think anyone who has watched the program over the last few years can tell the difference between being loaded at every position and loaded at a few. This year's team had some talent, but the 2010 team would have beaten this team by 30 points. While I'm sure the strength and conditioning program is an asset at Cave Spring, it would be asinine to think that suddenly they're turning mediocre athletes into studs.

When I say this year's team I mean with Baker and Johnson both playing.......

Edited by parsons

Oh I'm not being a jerk, well maybe, but some of us get tired of some of the things that are defended, just like you guys get tired of hearing that you recruit. I was just pointing out that your starting QB (Graham) and best athlete (Big Creek) were missing and there have been a few posts using their absence as an excuse for the loss.

Just for the record, A.J. enrolled at Richlands as a freshman. He never played any high school FB in WV. Carry on....

You're wasting your time with this one...

True.....like you wasted your time convincing me that James Monroe was going to annihilate any team they played in the state championship game last year.

Edited by parsons