Honaker vs george wythe

litltiger

just to respond to the rest of the crap in this thread thats got nothing to do with GW vs Honaker...the State game should be played at Salem...it's a nice place and great atmosphere...if you have never gone before, do yourself a favor and go...doubt many will say have it somewhere else after actually attending.

what BigD said was exactly right...not much else you need to say really.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myself I would love to see all six games at one site like TN does. I would go every year no matter where they would hold them or who was playing.

WVSSAC does this. No thanks.

BTW, to keep it on subject, it's going to be a one-score game either way. My gut tells me GW. Good luck to both!

just to respond to the rest of the crap in this thread thats got nothing to do with GW vs Honaker...the State game should be played at Salem...it's a nice place and great atmosphere...if you have never gone before, do yourself a favor and go...doubt many will say have it somewhere else after actually attending.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't think it'll be very close. GW 31-7.

Doesn't somebody stream these games. VHSL, Preps, or maybe coach assocation?

If anybody has the link please post, going to be some good football!!!!!

107.3 wxlz will carry the game im pretty sure.eastspartan

Honorable Mention

Post #897

MyFanPage

Add Buddy

Ignore If you are unable to make it to Salem Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can watch for free here

http://www.playonsports.com/channels/virginia

Announcers for 107.3FM -WXLZ Lebanon, said at the conclusion of the Honaker-Sussex game they would be carrying the game--but I don't think it is going to be streamed.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Can anyone post directions to the stadium at Salem--

Was already planning on going to Roanoke this weekend, so Lord willing, I am going to go and watch the Tigers and Maroons play. I watched many a Honaker game at Fuller Field a few years back.

Only ,having seen Honaker play against the Blues and listening to the George Wythe/Clintwood game streamed on the web, I am going to go with the Tigers for the win.

Remembering back on the GW/Clintwood game--I believe GW had 11 first downs in the first half, but no points. Not having seen Clintwood--I would have to think that Honaker matches up with them in size. If Honaker can have a good completion percentage on their throws--it will open up their running game. I don't believe Clintwood had much of a passing game and this bottled up their running game.

I believe Honaker's biggest challenge will be in defending the pass to Wythe's tall receivers. The secondary needs to just try and break up the play, look back for the ball so there will be no PI calls --if they try to go for the interception, they will get burned by the speed of the receivers.

I think it was midway through the 4th qtr--before GW scored their lone TD against Clintwood.

Life has many choices---eternity two

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can watch for free here

http://www.playonsports.com/channels/virginia

I watched the Greater ATL Christian/Early County game, Georgia AA quarterfinals on this site last Friday.

Wasn't bad...buffering sometimes...lost feed time or two...and the announcers, two young kids and older guy talked a lot about boiled peanuts...:) .

I kept my head down... refusing to look at the screen at the end of the game when GAC was kicking a FG for the win :D. GAC moved on to the semi finals.

The State of GA plays ALL of their Finals for the HS FB state championships at the GA Dome. Georgia went to six classifications this year. GA Public Broadcasting provides TV coverage for all of the Finals

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't think it'll be very close. GW 31-7.

Well it may not be and just punching at ya a lil here but didn't you say Honaker was a #1 seed and they wouldn't be around very long?? Sure am glad you were wrong!! If Honaker was starting basketball we wouldn't have a shot, but they will step out on the field Saturday and that gives them a shot and I'll be there cheering em on win or lose!!! Been a great ride for these young men.

Found it::

Edited by OrangeStreak

Honaker will have the size advantage over GW but GW is quick. Everywhere! Thats the biggest advantage they had over Clintwood(its an advantage they will have over Honaker).

Lets see if Hubbard can make the adjustments so that the Tigers can run the ball(Mullins didnt).

I would like to see Honaker win but honestly im thinking GW by 2 TDs

I think honaker will have to use the run to keepem honest ,but if they cant pass the ball then things could look dim.as far as speed of backs,saturday was the most speed they seen all year.as far as speed upfront I don't know.ive not seen gw.

Well it may not be and just punching at ya a lil here but didn't you say Honaker was a #1 seed and they wouldn't be around very long?? Sure am glad you were wrong!! If Honaker was starting basketball we wouldn't have a shot, but they will step out on the field Saturday and that gives them a shot and I'll be there cheering em on win or lose!!! Been a great ride for these young men.

Found it::

looks like you are doing your homework lol.

Honaker will have the size advantage over GW but GW is quick. Everywhere! Thats the biggest advantage they had over Clintwood(its an advantage they will have over Honaker).

Lets see if Hubbard can make the adjustments so that the Tigers can run the ball(Mullins didnt).

Actually Honaker won't have a size advantage this game. George Wythe is just as big as the Tigers. George Wythe is a tough matchup because they have the size to go along with speed. Honaker will have to control the clock this game and establish a ground game. If Honaker can run the football and set up playaction they will stay in the ball game. Just don't throw it to Lester's side because he had 4 or 5 batted balls against Clintwood.

G W has played great on the road these last games and I think that gives them a little advantage coming in, but Honaker really played a confidence booster Sat. so this is gonna be a great game. I dont think G W will keep the tigers out of the end zone for at least 3 scores, and the Tigers have forced turnovers all year and will need them here. The burden will fall on the Tiger D and it will be a challenge against this strong agressive team but they are capable, if the Moroon offense gets hot could be a long ride back to Russell Co.

Tigers 21

Moroons 14

Actually Honaker won't have a size advantage this game. George Wythe is just as big as the Tigers. George Wythe is a tough matchup because they have the size to go along with speed. Honaker will have to control the clock this game and establish a ground game. If Honaker can run the football and set up playaction they will stay in the ball game. Just don't throw it to Lester's side because he had 4 or 5 batted balls against Clintwood.

I think Honakers Oline is larger than GWs Dline or Dline. As far as size at the skill positions its probably about equal.

Youre right about not throwing to Lesters side. Against Clintwood the kid looked like Anthony Davis blocking shots!

Sussex was quick everywhere, too. I'd take Sussex over GW in a speed contest any day of the week. I've seen GW play, and I've seen Sussex. Sussex is faster. What poses the biggest threat to Honaker is the fact that GW has equal size to them. Sussex didn't have that luxury.

Sussex was quick everywhere, too. I'd take Sussex over GW in a speed contest any day of the week. I've seen GW play, and I've seen Sussex. Sussex is faster. What poses the biggest threat to Honaker is the fact that GW has equal size to them. Sussex didn't have that luxury.

Boys, I know Sussex wasn't the biggest fellers out there but they were bigger than I expected...bigger than JIB for sure!! And man they were fast!!! GW defense will be ALOT tougher than Sussex no doubt. This is a defense that shutout CWOOD and we all know what a task that is to do! I may be crazy but I think Honaker matches up against GW better than CWOOD did due to having a consistant passing game. Ask Sussex how it worked out for them to stack the box the whole game. From everything I gather CWOOD just lined up and tried to drive the ball straight down GW's gut and Honaker will throw several different looks at the GW defense that CWOOD IMO was unable to do. Now the fact that HHS gave up 595 yds offense to Sussex scares me a little bit. Honaker's D will have to play a heck of a game to stop GW. GW is very disciplined and block well from my understanding!!

Boys, I know Sussex wasn't the biggest fellers out there but they were bigger than I expected...bigger than JIB for sure!! And man they were fast!!! GW defense will be ALOT tougher than Sussex no doubt. This is a defense that shutout CWOOD and we all know what a task that is to do! I may be crazy but I think Honaker matches up against GW better than CWOOD did due to having a consistant passing game. Ask Sussex how it worked out for them to stack the box the whole game. From everything I gather CWOOD just lined up and tried to drive the ball straight down GW's gut and Honaker will throw several different looks at the GW defense that CWOOD IMO was unable to do. Now the fact that HHS gave up 595 yds offense to Sussex scares me a little bit. Honaker's D will have to play a heck of a game to stop GW. GW is very disciplined and block well from my understanding!!

Having seen Both GW and Honaker play... GW will be able to run on Honaker as they did Clintwood and Franklin... Honaker will not run on GW but have to find open recievers on GW dbs who are pretty good...Ty Hall can do this...he is an excellent qb...

This is the State Championship and both teams will come to play. I think this game will come down to conditioning in the last quarter. Honaker has proved to me that they are well conditioned, and GW is likewise, but which one of these two is the best conditioned? Come Saturday, we will find out. What I like about both of these teams is that they never quit playing. Honaker could have turned in the key at the end of the first half and said we have had a good year, but they came out fighting for every inch, and in the end I think conditioning proved to be on Honaker's side. GW is good but I have to go with Honaker in this one Honaker 31--GW 24