Dallas Cowboys

ThomasDenton

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000120457/article/tony-romo-dallas-cowboys-should-part-ways-after-latest-loss

I've always liked Romo. He's proven that he's tough and definitely has the ability to win, but like the article says, being "able" to win and "actually winning" are two different things. He's been with Dallas since signing with them in 03 and taking over as QB in 06 and in all that time he's just underacheived. I think it's seriously time that Dallas found a new QB. They've got tons of talent in other positions (especially on offense) but if the QB, the team leader, can't produce then the whole team suffers. What's everyone else think about this?

only problem is as far as free agents go, you've got Flacco who will be franchised and Vick who is washed up...who you gonna get that's ready to roll right out of the gate? There are no legit pro level QB's ready to play in this years draft like Luck and RG3 and Wilson from last year...who is out there that's better than Romo? Who's going to want Romo in a trade? No one.

I seriously want him gone myself...but, you have to look at what you can get?

I go back to what i've said from day 1...there is a reason Romo went undrafted.

I'd like to see the Cowboys go after Ryan Mallet from New England. I think he has a very bright future in the NFL.

he's not going anywhere....Brady is getting old and more frail...they'll keep him around if they can.

Why did the Cowboys get rid of Stephen McGee? He looked pretty good when he had a chance to play.

only problem is as far as free agents go, you've got Flacco who will be franchised and Vick who is washed up...who you gonna get that's ready to roll right out of the gate? There are no legit pro level QB's ready to play in this years draft like Luck and RG3 and Wilson from last year...who is out there that's better than Romo? Who's going to want Romo in a trade? No one.

I seriously want him gone myself...but, you have to look at what you can get?

I go back to what i've said from day 1...there is a reason Romo went undrafted.

Yeah, that is a major problem. There's no one around who's good enough that Dallas can get right now and I can't really think of anyone coming out of college that they might be able to get (especially someone who can come out and play right away like Newton did or RGIII). I'll bet there's a desperate team out there though that would at least entertain a trade for Romo...at least until they can get someone better.

he's not going anywhere....Brady is getting old and more frail...they'll keep him around if they can.

Why did the Cowboys get rid of Stephen McGee? He looked pretty good when he had a chance to play.

I wondered the same thing.

After thinking about it for a bit, I realized that I didn't even know who the current backup QB for Dallas was since McGee was let go and Kitna retired. Found out that it's Kyle Orton. I don't know what to think about this.

After thinking about it for a bit, I realized that I didn't even know who the current backup QB for Dallas was since McGee was let go and Kitna retired. Found out that it's Kyle Orton. I don't know what to think about this.

Orton sucks...back of his jersey should say "Emergency Use Only!"

As for a trade...you are not going to get anything for Romo at this point...no one will eat his salary and no team with anyone worth a damn will give up anything for him.

bottom line is we are stuck with him for another year unless Jones does something nutty, which could happen.

Orton sucks...back of his jersey should say "Emergency Use Only!"

As for a trade...you are not going to get anything for Romo at this point...no one will eat his salary and no team with anyone worth a damn will give up anything for him.

bottom line is we are stuck with him for another year unless Jones does something nutty, which could happen.

For some reason, it feels like Jerry Jones would get rid of Jason Garrett before he'd get rid of Romo.

For some reason, it feels like Jerry Jones would get rid of Jason Garrett before he'd get rid of Romo.

they are both his boys...doubt either will go unless a big name like Gruden pops up.

they are both his boys...doubt either will go unless a big name like Gruden pops up.

Could happen. Apparently, he's looking for a job. I doubt Dallas will replace their coach though (for now anyway).

It's looking like they both will be safe for 1 more year. Need a deep playoff run next year or huge changes will be made.

Huge changes are what Dallas needs. Something's wrong when you've had a team with as much talent as Dallas has had over the years with the depressing results they've had. I want Dallas to win, but maybe a losing season next year will force them to rebuild the right way.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000120457/article/tony-romo-dallas-cowboys-should-part-ways-after-latest-loss

I've always liked Romo. He's proven that he's tough and definitely has the ability to win, but like the article says, being "able" to win and "actually winning" are two different things. He's been with Dallas since signing with them in 03 and taking over as QB in 06 and in all that time he's just underacheived. I think it's seriously time that Dallas found a new QB. They've got tons of talent in other positions (especially on offense) but if the QB, the team leader, can't produce then the whole team suffers. What's everyone else think about this?

Romo's not the problem for Dallas ..their team was decimated with injuries...look at the defense Sunday against the Skins... Dallas will be back next yr... RG3 will get injured mdway next season ... then what for the Skins...

Change is the last thing the Cowboys need. People are too harsh on Garrett too early in his coaching career. As for Romo he would be a great qb if he would stay out of his own head, until then well have to take the good with the bad. I'm a romo supporter but he needs to get it lined out quick. If we can stay even remotely healthy next year for the majority of the season I think we'll see a pretty good Cowboys team.

Romo's not the problem for Dallas ..their team was decimated with injuries...look at the defense Sunday against the Skins... Dallas will be back next yr... RG3 will get injured mdway next season ... then what for the Skins...

I wasn't really referring just to the Skins game...more along the lines of how Romo hasn't been living up to anyone's expectations for the last half decade. He's a good QB, but Dallas needs better. Can't choke in the important games.

Change is the last thing the Cowboys need. People are too harsh on Garrett too early in his coaching career. As for Romo he would be a great qb if he would stay out of his own head, until then well have to take the good with the bad. I'm a romo supporter but he needs to get it lined out quick. If we can stay even remotely healthy next year for the majority of the season I think we'll see a pretty good Cowboys team.

Dallas needs to at least find a good, young backup QB who can challenge Romo. That way, they'll have options. What happens if Romo gets injured again and Orton doesn't pan out? Last time that happened, they had Kitna who did good, but also got injured, so McGee stepped up, but both those guys are gone now. They need someone reliable to fall back on and someone to build for the future. That, and they might want to look at a few defensive guys in the draft. Ware can't do everything. I'd like to see them go after Manti Teo.....but I'm just dreaming aren't I? lol.

Kirk Cousins proved he can win. If I was a Skins fan, I wouldn't be all that worried.

Garrett is an offensive minded coach...unless you have some sort of an original scheme, the NFL is a defensive minded game now....Garrett needs to focus on the draft and getting some young blood, but Jerry Jones loves the draft limelight...so thats not going to happen....it's a catch 22.

shut up, you will get yours next week. Redskins suck.

Even if we get ours next week, will be fine with me! We weren't even suppose to be where we are now! We are heading in the right direction!

Even if we get ours next week, will be fine with me! We weren't even suppose to be where we are now! We are heading in the right direction!

Ha, I'm still interested to see how Dan Snyder is gonna screw it all up.

If Mallett was behind that Dallas line this year, the Boys would be looking at a top 10 pick.

Also, Jerry loves the draft, but doesnt actually handle the drafting process any longer. Stephen runs more of the Dallas operation than Jerry does.

Edited by 1inStripes