Overcoming Adversity

southbound

After Friday night, I have been thinking of the next step for the Falcons. What always comes back into my mind is "Adversity". Dad has talked to me all my life about overcoming things like size, speed, doubters, and bad coaches. Last night dad made me watch the movie Rudy with him and Precious. He told me that could have been me at Va Tech if I was given the chance. He gave his season tickets back this year but we won't get into that. Dad said I reminded him of Rudy at Noter Dame he just smiled and said that was you growing up and playing football witht he FALCONS. So my plea for the Falcons this week is to overcome a bad first game (without the turnovers we would have won) and move on get ready for Gate City this week. Dad said we had a real chance for a win Gate City is not very good according to him. He talked to someone who watched them play Friday and he said they were terrible. As I chilled last night listening to Wiz Khalifa my thoughts were about the Falcons and I can tell you this Falcons Never Quit and this is the motto we live by!!!!!

I need a shoutout for Falconman thanks for not bringing you know who the other night. We had a great time without her. Holler at me later I got some news.

and i was beginning, to believe....... but how long  have you been, posting now? 3-5 years?,,,, actually,  i thought you and falconman, either starved to death waitin, for the burn't up taco bell to open, or froze to death watchin  "CLOSED FOR THE SEASON "AT THE MOON LITE!!!!!   appearently you survived, cause  you go five miles to the border..............................

Don't let them get to you Southy, overcoming a lack of size, speed, talent and athleticism is something to be proud of! Good for you

I think that is just great redtiger.......showing Southy your soft side and your humility .......lol 

Appreciate all the cool comments, I have learned how to be a winner by overcoming adversity. We are heading to lake today to catch some waves, hey FM are you coming by? Dad says the best team doesn't always win example friday night. The falcons were 2 scores better but turnovers killed us. BTW that is the most falcon spirit i have seen at a game in a while. Watching the entrance brought tears to my eyes that is amazing to see from the crowd. I have said before the most electrifying entrance in high school football. If anyone has not seen it i recommend you to get out to a falcon home game. Amazing!  What i would not give to walk with my falcon brothers one more time. Hey FM you will need to bring your gps this week no clue how to get to gate city. Dad said it is in kingsport how could that be? Is there a Hooter's in Kport? Me and FM  will hit that for sure. Get ready this week Falcons you should get a win. Dad said GC kind of weak this year. Victory Tacos????

Southy I am done challenging the Falcons, it's obvious they struggle with that kind of pressure. I think I said more curse words Friday than the candy canes do when they see the Falcons. Like I said to you in the stands Friday, turnovers show a lack of competitive will power. We need the competitive mentality as "Johnny Football!" He doesn't take no crap off the opposing team, refs, media, or even his coach. He is a baller and I love him for that. If he wasn't hood then king James wouldn't party with him. We need a Falcon to "Johnny up", heck we did when were walking the Halls of Camelot. Lets be honest, we still are. But hey, it was us who started the painted chest tradition at Falcon Stadium, good to see that tradition along with the entrance still continues. Still say its the best atmosphere in football.

Appreciate all the cool comments, I have learned how to be a winner by overcoming adversity. We are heading to lake today to catch some waves, hey FM are you coming by? Dad says the best team doesn't always win example friday night. The falcons were 2 scores better but turnovers killed us. BTW that is the most falcon spirit i have seen at a game in a while. Watching the entrance brought tears to my eyes that is amazing to see from the crowd. I have said before the most electrifying entrance in high school football. If anyone has not seen it i recommend you to get out to a falcon home game. Amazing!  What i would not give to walk with my falcon brothers one more time. Hey FM you will need to bring your gps this week no clue how to get to gate city. Dad said it is in kingsport how could that be? Is there a Hooter's in Kport? Me and FM  will hit that for sure. Get ready this week Falcons you should get a win. Dad said GC kind of weak this year. Victory Tacos????

I can't believe that as close as your are you don't know how to go to Gate City after all there is even Exit 1 that says Gate City on the interstate!  For the record no Hooters in Kingsport, that would be Johnson City.

You are right the best team doesn't always win and turnovers can be a killer.  I am glad to see that you aren't coming up with some excuse.  Gate City is still down this year that's for sure.  I'll say one thing though playing at GC is tough and I do wish the birds well there.  GC will be looking for someone to take their frustrations from friday out on...

Did u just try to make a funny..lets see last year ya choked and we won..year before that we scored 28 pts in under a min,you would like a loud mouth guy who is overrated.abingdon cant even keep its own players

Vols, what does this mean?

Southbound's Dad learned about adversity when he realized he should have pulled out.

Dad said I was planned and not a mistake, unlike you.  Btw I was at the Richlands game last year and you were a no show.  Dad refers to you as no show jones, whatever that means.  On another note I am getting some new yarn for stripes this week.  Should have some picks by the end of the week. 

I can't believe that as close as your are you don't know how to go to Gate City after all there is even Exit 1 that says Gate City on the interstate!  For the record no Hooters in Kingsport, that would be Johnson City.

You are right the best team doesn't always win and turnovers can be a killer.  I am glad to see that you aren't coming up with some excuse.  Gate City is still down this year that's for sure.  I'll say one thing though playing at GC is tough and I do wish the birds well there.  GC will be looking for someone to take their frustrations from friday out on...

I never make excuses.  We were by far the more dominate team, but had trouble holding on to the slick ball - humidity was too high.  We gifted wrap a win for battle probably one of four wins they get this year. 

I never make excuses.  We were by far the more dominate team, but had trouble holding on to the slick ball - humidity was too high.  We gifted wrap a win for battle probably one of four wins they get this year. 

There we have it!  Exactly what I was looking for.  I could say the same thing about us against Va High.  We were keeping everything in check on defense and then the offense would cough up the ball and hand them a present.  I won't take anything away from them though.  From what I saw they are a good team not a great one but still good.Maybe Abingdon will win, hard to tell.  One thing I did hear while I was down at Va High is that the running back at Abingdon has some real speed and was breaking some things open there.

Also on a side note I have to give a former Abingdon player a nod, Ludwig did a pretty good job on the kickoffs for VT...Just a shame that he (or anyone else) couldn't tackle the return man on that one kickoff!

Dad said I was planned and not a mistake, unlike you.  Btw I was at the Richlands game last year and you were a no show.  Dad refers to you as no show jones, whatever that means.  On another note I am getting some new yarn for stripes this week.  Should have some picks by the end of the week. 

I wasn't planned, I was made at a Bob Segar concert like a real man! Yeah, I only go to good games, not blow outs.

There we have it!  Exactly what I was looking for.  I could say the same thing about us against Va High.  We were keeping everything in check on defense and then the offense would cough up the ball and hand them a present.  I won't take anything away from them though.  From what I saw they are a good team not a great one but still good.Maybe Abingdon will win, hard to tell.  One thing I did hear while I was down at Va High is that the running back at Abingdon has some real speed and was breaking some things open there.

Also on a side note I have to give a former Abingdon player a nod, Ludwig did a pretty good job on the kickoffs for VT...Just a shame that he (or anyone else) couldn't tackle the return man on that one kickoff!

I don't suppose that the VHS defense had anything to do with the spanking delivered last Friday.  Oh well, better to be lucky than good, as they day.

I think some of you need to get a life.  The falcon bashing is going no where and doing not a thing for you.  I wish I could just sit at home and collect a check.  I got up this morning ready to mow but it was too foggy.  I thought I might check in on the board and once again I see a host of lozers taking shots at my falcons.  Surprisingly enough, it has grown.  Who invited the newbies aka kitty kat fans on here?  Kitty Kats I don't see you guys beating a team from Washington County including us.  I see Battle winning easily because at least we tested them in the second half.  Quite honestly, it was a tale of 2 halfs.  They got lucky in the first and we flat wore em out in the 2nd.  I see that the puppies from Tazewell didn't challenge you too much, so I have to say that Battle wins it easily.  As for the Falcons, I don't think any team will stop our running back and that includes Gate City.  I am psyched for this one.  I have been waiting for us to play them for a long time.  Southy, get ready because we are hitting the road brother and bringing our cow bells with us.  Lets go mow and lets go Falcons!!!!!

I think some of you need to get a life.  The falcon bashing is going no where and doing not a thing for you.  I wish I could just sit at home and collect a check.  I got up this morning ready to mow but it was too foggy.  I thought I might check in on the board and once again I see a host of lozers taking shots at my falcons.  Surprisingly enough, it has grown.  Who invited the newbies aka kitty kat fans on here?  Kitty Kats I don't see you guys beating a team from Washington County including us.  I see Battle winning easily because at least we tested them in the second half.  Quite honestly, it was a tale of 2 halfs.  They got lucky in the first and we flat wore em out in the 2nd.  I see that the puppies from Tazewell didn't challenge you too much, so I have to say that Battle wins it easily.  As for the Falcons, I don't think any team will stop our running back and that includes Gate City.  I am psyched for this one.  I have been waiting for us to play them for a long time.  Southy, get ready because we are hitting the road brother and bringing our cow bells with us.  Lets go mow and lets go Falcons!!!!!

He is a good back, no doubt. but he had 400 yards sideline to sideline. He broke one long run on Battle(possibly some subs in) and the rest of the time had 60 yards on 19 carries. I want to see the Falcons have a good season, i just don't know if it can happen with Bowels at the helm. The Qb situation has to be addressed and the kid that plays safety should be utilized more on offense.