Score Updates: 10/11

Deleted Account

Congrats to the blues on their win !  Very proud of you guys ! 

Great job by the Bulldogs !  They never gave up and played hard all the way.  I believe they are going in the right direction now.  Should be some good games in the future !  Tazewell is going to give a lot of teams fits from now on !

One final score posting from me tonight:

For the 4th grader...  (AA) Greater ATL Christian 49  (GAC is undefeated)

Westminister    3   

For an area school (AAAAAA) North Gwinnett...the score was 50-47 over Mill Creek 

(No. Gwinnett is nationally ranked by all polls but this close game may cost them some ranking)

The score at half was MC 34  N.Gwinnett 14

With 9 mins. left to go in the game it was MC 41 and NG 21

With 4:09 left in the game it was MC 47  NG  42

No. Gwinnett then gets an onside kick and scores ...going for 2pt. conversion to make final score  50-47. 

I watched the end of the game on WSB.com after chewing off my nails in listening to the Blues/Dawgs game. 

(BTW great game Dawgs...thank goodness the Blues have an off week coming up...hopefully, some of the injuries will heal)

( Correction: the player I mentioned being offered by MI as a freshman plays for AAA Buford ...Buford is located 8 miles from North Gwinnett, Isaac Nauta, a TE class of 2016)

The player for North Gwinnett is  Mitch Hyatt, a 6-foot-5, 270-pound offensive tackle is rated as nation’s No. 1 overall prospect for 2015, according to the 247 composite rankings (which combines Rivals, Scout, ESPN and 247).

52 points on 2 offensive snaps?!?!?!

After running just 2 plays from scrimmage, Haysi had 23 points.

http://bdtonline.com/localsports/x703136760/Haysi-rumbles-past-Thomas-Walker

In WV, former Radford asst. Chris Vicar's Independence team never let the Summers Co. offense on the field until the 2nd quarter, but trailed 29-0 at that point.

http://bdtonline.com/localsports/x703136754/Bobcats-score-29-without-an-offensive-snap

Fort Chiswell 49

Galax 28

By far, the best team I have seen Galax play this season and maybe since the Clintwood game a few years ago.  Fort is the real deal!  Balanced on offense and very strong LB'er play on defense.  Everyone talks about the Thomas kid but Stoneman (#12) was a beast on defense.  I was extremely impressed with the kid.  He must have had 12 solo tackles, 3 in the backfield and blocked a punt.

Now, correct me if I am wrong here, but isn't Fort Chiswell #1 in Single A and Galax #2 in 2-A.

Now, correct me if I am wrong here, but isn't Fort Chiswell #1 in Single A and Galax #2 in 2-A.

Galax is 1A as well and shouldn't be ranked although I haven't checked.  They are 2-4 currently with what has to be the toughest schedule in the west.  The losses were to Glenvar, Altavista, Giles and Fort Chiswell.

Congrats to Richlands on a hard fought win over a much improved Tazewell football team.  The kids from both schools played tough right down to the wire.  Congrats to Tazewell as well on a gritty performance.  The Bulldogs head coach is making a huge difference.