UNDEFEATED

redtiger

well here it is, the last week of the regular season and for Haysi and Honaker there is a lot on the line; an undefeated season, BDD Championship(a lot of pride there) and possibly the #1 seed in the West. Before I get too far into this I would like to invite EVERYONE down to Birchleaf, its gonna be a real humdinger and youre all welcome, we will scoot in tight and make room. If you get there after 6:30 bring a chair or expect to stand by the fence. Red vs Orange, once again for all the marbles!

This is how I see these two teams matching up,

Honaker - have size, depth, are very strong, and are fast enough. Very solid on Defense, no true weaknesses imo. Very solid on Offense. Honaker moves the ball VERY well on the ground, they just keep grinding and that wears on teams, even very good teams(ask Battle and Clintwood) . I don't think you see them on film and jump out of your chair and say "WOW they are incredible!!!" but they just keep coming and by the time the game is over they have rushed for 300+ yards and put up 45 points. Due in large part to a very good RB. Very impressive team

Haysi - Small on Defense but have size at DT, quick all over and are aggressive. Offensively Haysi is very balanced. As a team they have rushed for close to 2,000 yards and have thrown for nearly 1,500. Jeff Bowen is one of the best RBs in the West. Haysi has a couple of very good WRs to work with. While im thinking about it I want to mention Robbie Yates, kid played some FB last season and was the starting FB this season until injuries forced him to move to OL, he has been solid and has gladly embraced the role. True team player.

Overall I think Haysis Defense will be able to slow Honaker down and I think Haysis Offense matchs up well against Honakers Defense.

Im gonna pick Haysi by a TD in a high scoring game.

GO RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is where the strength of schedule comes into play. Edge goes to Honaker but not by much. Both have played very weak schedules. Haysi has 1 quality win over Clintwood. On the other side Honaker has 2 quality wins over John Battle and Clintwood. With that being said, I will put $10,000 on this game to say the Tigers win the Black Diamond District.

Let me know if you want to take me up on that bet. Thanks.

Neither team has exactly ran the gauntlet but SoS does benefit Honaker because their two tough games have been recently, Haysis tough opponent was in week 3. That worries me some. But Haysi did come out slow and get a scare against Grundy and had to turn it up. I think the Haysi boys know what they are about to face and I think theyre ready for it. This is Honaker, and they all know what that means.

Grundy didn't give Honaker the same scare they gave Haysi, because they turned the ball over, but they played them pretty tough for the most part the entire game instead of just the first half...they were able to hold Honaker several times on 3rd down, which I was honestly surprised as Grundy had one of it's best hitters on defense out....i guess for Honaker folks that have not seen Grundy play every game this year like I have it might have just looked like a regular 47-6 win but for me there were some small victories there for the Grundy kids at times compared to previous efforts.

Just from seeing both play I think the advantage goes to Haysi on the run game and Honaker has the better QB advantage...the O line and defense seem to be about the same to me....will be interesting to see how it plays out. I just hope the refs are not a factor.

I will say I was also impressed with the way the Honaker kids handled themselves last night, from what I saw it was nothing but a class act.

Grundy didn't give Honaker the same scare they gave Haysi, because they turned the ball over, but they played them pretty tough for the most part the entire game instead of just the first half...they were able to hold Honaker several times on 3rd down, which I was honestly surprised as Grundy had one of it's best hitters on defense out....i guess for Honaker folks that have not seen Grundy play every game this year like I have it might have just looked like a regular 47-6 win but for me there were some small victories there for the Grundy kids at times compared to previous efforts.

Just from seeing both play I think the advantage goes to Haysi on the run game and Honaker has the better QB advantage...the O line and defense seem to be about the same to me....will be interesting to see how it plays out. I just hope the refs are not a factor.

I will say I was also impressed with the way the Honaker kids handled themselves last night, from what I saw it was nothing but a class act.

Great bunch of people, really hope they go far!!

I'm a Richlands fan,  but I'm also a big fan of Honaker.  my wife teaches in the swords creek area and graduated from Honaker and I graduated and played for Richlands (  a long, long time ago...lol )  and we go to half the Honaker games and half of the Blues games every year to be fair to both of us. 

We know a lot of the kids and their families from Honaker and Lance,  you are right, they are a classy and a good bunch of people !  I always enjoy myself when I am at their games and they never give me a hard time about the fact that i am a fan & played for Richlands except  on occasion we give each other a little good nature ribbing for fun.

I would normally go to the Blues last game because the last game we went to was a tiger game,  but my wife ask if we could go to this game so that's where we will be. 

I think the Honaker kids pull out a close game,  it should be a heck of a game to watch.  I'll just have to keep up with my beloved Blues on my phone & getting updates from here while I watch the two Tigers fight it out !  It should be fun !

The last time both of these teams were this good was 05.  That year Honaker won a close one in the regular season and Haysi dominated the playoff rematch, either team was good enough to win the Reg D Div 2 that year.

I know a lot of people that plan on getting to the field no later than 5(myself included).

Oh, to be there to watch it...I can only dream! Since I'm in Herat Province, Afghanistan, I guess I will just have to follow all the updates on here. Best of luck to both teams...I hope there are no injuries at this point in the season, everyone will be needed as both make a push for deep playoff runs. I will be pulling for the Tigers in Orange! No prediction though, Tigers will win.

I have to give the edge to Honaker in this one. I don't believe the Haysi D will be able to keep Honaker out of the end zone. Haysi allowed a Hurley team riddled with injuries and players transferring to put together some sustained drives that probably would have put the game out of reach earlier than it was. I'm also not so sure Haysi has the edge running the ball, they do have the better RB but it takes more than the guy toting the rock, you have to have the push up front. Without that there is no running game. Having said that, Coach Colley will have his boys believing and should be a good one. I have Honaker pulling away in the 4th. I'm definitely going to try to make this one, probably will leave straight from work. Hope both teams stay injury free. Not sure what the playoff brackets are looking like, but with any luck, we'll get a rematch in the big dance!

well here it is, the last week of the regular season and for Haysi and Honaker there is a lot on the line; an undefeated season, BDD Championship(a lot of pride there) and possibly the #1 seed in the West. Before I get too far into this I would like to invite EVERYONE down to Birchleaf, its gonna be a real humdinger and youre all welcome, we will scoot in tight and make room. If you get there after 6:30 bring a chair or expect to stand by the fence. Red vs Orange, once again for all the marbles!

This is how I see these two teams matching up,

Honaker - have size, depth, are very strong, and are fast enough. Very solid on Defense, no true weaknesses imo. Very solid on Offense. Honaker moves the ball VERY well on the ground, they just keep grinding and that wears on teams, even very good teams(ask Battle and Clintwood) . I don't think you see them on film and jump out of your chair and say "WOW they are incredible!!!" but they just keep coming and by the time the game is over they have rushed for 300+ yards and put up 45 points. Due in large part to a very good RB. Very impressive team

Haysi - Small on Defense but have size at DT, quick all over and are aggressive. Offensively Haysi is very balanced. As a team they have rushed for close to 2,000 yards and have thrown for nearly 1,500. Jeff Bowen is one of the best RBs in the West. Haysi has a couple of very good WRs to work with. While im thinking about it I want to mention Robbie Yates, kid played some FB last season and was the starting FB this season until injuries forced him to move to OL, he has been solid and has gladly embraced the role. True team player.

Overall I think Haysis Defense will be able to slow Honaker down and I think Haysis Offense matchs up well against Honakers Defense.

Im gonna pick Haysi by a TD in a high scoring game.

GO RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honaker takes this game 28 to 13. Honaker can shut down Haysi's passing game.

honaker 17- 6...... hate to  go with the other tigers, but...........they are big........have the numbers.....i know 11 on each side.....coach hubbard will have his defence ready,hope i'm wrong ,,but these tigers like the jungle as well....i know one things for sure,,,,,,,its gonna be hard hittin........ and honakers jerseys are gonna get dirty...!!!lol!

underdogs, I like it. Have been all season.

87tiger, we will be thinking about you brother.

rebel1, you're more than welcome over on the home side.

as far as Xs and Os, having seen the Honaker/Clintwood I saw Clintwood have success with the quick hitting run plays and they had WRs open but had a case of the drops(and the fall downs). If Haysi catches the ball I think they can win. Stopping Honaker is next to impossible, try to slow them down and force some turnovers.

It will be a VERY hard hitting game

Here is my opinion on this...... Clintwood is overrated compared to years past.   They've played 3 teams all year.... an upset at Union,  lost to Haysi and a big loss to Honaker.    I don't think Clintwood would beat Union again if they played 9 more times but did when it counted.

I mention that to get to this...... Haysi has 1 good win IMO and it was against Clintwood.       

We'll see how right I am...but IMO Haysi is a paper champion...and Honaker will beat them by 3-4 Touchdowns.   Honaker has a solid ball team...not as good as last year IMHO though.   If I'm right on this...it's more of a sign of Haysi being a little overrated than it is Honaker being this dominant. 

When it comes to SWVA.....Ft. Chiswell is our best bet at a State title this season.

Going to be another classic Friday night in Sandlick, I can hardly wait. Going with my Orange Tigers 28-14 in a hard hitting game that will be close till the last qtr. As for Fort Chiswell when and if the time comes, Red Tigers or Orange Tigers will play them well.

Clintwood isint the team they have been the past few years, but they played great ball against Union and Haysi. As the season went on they played worse for various reasons. The drops they had against Honaker, they didn't have against Haysi. and against Union they were able to get WRs deep and either get completions or pass interference calls.

You are right battlefbl, Clintwood wouldn't beat Union right now. If they played 10 times Union probably wins 9 of them.

Haysi is 9-0 but they have played 8 pretty bad teams and in a lot of those games they came out slow.  They will be up for this game and will come out ready.

I honestly think this years Honaker team was better than last years.

No way they should move this to UVAW, this one belongs at Sandlick.

Central does play at UVAW.   Its cheaper for Central to pay UVAW to use their field than it is to keep up a field of their own, atleast thats the given reason they play up there. Plus the facility is really nice, Centrals facility is sub par imo.