15 Lee @ 2 Union

14 Glenvar @ 3 Dan River

13 Va. High @ 4 Gretna

12 Graham @ 5 Richlands

6-11 have changed from Sat. morning

11 James River @ 6 Buckingham Co.

10 John S. Battle @ 7 Gate City

9 Appomattox @ 8 Marion

If the VHSL gives Bartlett-Yancey 2 wins like they should, the #16 will be Chatham

ALL are UNOFFICAL - GS and I are in disagreement on 2A top and bottom, but Graham-Richlands & Va-Gretna (I olny looked at those) we agree on.

Everything is based on my cheat sheets .. I'm going to work on the ratings and see where the problems lie.  It'll be a LONG while.

these have NOT been double-checked yet  -  UPDATED

1 A - West

16 Eastside @ 1 Honaker

15 Rural Retreat @ 2 Fort Chiswell

14 Bath Co. @ 3 Haysi

13 Auburn @ 4 Chilhowie

12 J.I. Burton @ 5 Clintwood

11 Northwood @ 6 Covington

10 Radford @ 7 Holston

9 Galax @ 8 George Wythe

tiebreaker - Honaker 47, Fort 45, Haysi 39

If this is the case The way I see the 2nd round games are ... Honaker plays Galax. Fort plays Radford..Covington plays Haysi... Chilhowie plays Clintwood.... just my opinion as I think Galax is peaking and so is Radford.. 

CHANGED FROM EARLIER, due to incorrectly reported score

16 Chatham or Grayson Co. @ 1 Giles

15 Lee @ 2 Union

14 Glenvar @ 3 Dan River

13 Va. High @ 4 Gretna

12 Graham @ 5 Richlands

11 Appomattox @ 6 Gate City

10 John S. Battle @ 7 Marion

9 James River @ 8 Buckingham Co.

If the VHSL gives Bartlett-Yancey 2 wins like they should, the #16 will be Chatham

Looking at those pairings, I really think Marion is a scary team to play in the playoffs. Something about their size has me wondering if they can make a run. Not saying they will win out but they are a pretty good team right now. Graham vs Richlands is also interesting.

Galax is finally healthy and playing as a team.  They will be a tough out for whoever they play.  Not your typical 9 seed.  Clintwood is playing quality football right now.  Radford appears to a tough test for anyone also.  This should be very fun to watch play out.

I'd pick Galax to beat Haysi right now. Galax is just smashing everyone right now. Peoples is the best player in SWVA.

In 2A, I think anyone could beat anyone from 2-16. Lots of parity, no true dominant team aside from Giles.

This could be a great game. Haysi played lights out last night, but would have to play better to beat Galax. Stephen Peoples can score anytime he touchs the ball. I don't envy any team that draws them. I think Marion-Union could be a good 2nd round game if it happens. I am getting excited about some of the possible match ups. Lots of good football to be played yet. I love this time of year. 

I know district championships don't matter with this new system but did Graham win the MED?

Based on a tiebreaker, as I understand it, points would give the district championship to Fort Chiswell.  But, like you said, it doesn't mean what it once did.

unless the rule was changed this year, the VHSL doesn't care about District c;ships.

If you end up tied with someone, we got us co-champions.

If the Dist. wants to have a tie-breaker to determine who gets the trophy,m they can, but you're still co-champs.

Fort, Galax & Grayson all ended up 4-1, so there's 3 co-champs.

VHSLhelper...you are the man with the numbers...looks like you are right as almost always...LOL....and it seems the Roanoke times has an "in" with the VHSL...and it seems someone came to work this morning for the VHSL to have this out so early....or someone is stretching the truth a little in Roanoke....but here is the "official" word until they figure the whole Chatham thing out on Monday.

http://blogs.roanoke.com/hssports/2013/11/09/vhsl-football-pairings-updated-saturday/