Not counting and chickens.....

GC_Quincy

I wouldn't get my hopes up yet. If they make it through this weekend, it's only going to get tougher in the cross divisional round. I hope I'm wrong, but my gut is telling me we'll see an All-East 2A Championship this year. The four remanining East teams aren't necessarilly the teams that I expected to see there (as is the same with the four West teams), but that doesn't mean that they aren't talented. I don't care how good or bad of a season it is, when you look across to the other side of the bracket and see Goochland and Riverheads waiting, you know you're in for a tough game. Clarke County and Brunswick are both kind of dark horses (especially Brunswick), but they're both very hot and very hungry.

I'd love to see Richlands and Gate City both get to the big one, but it's going to be tough sledding this week, and probably even tougher in the semis.

I am afraid to even mention both teams in the finals against each other because the football gods may punish us for doing so.....lol !

But I do wish all our friends from Gate City all the luck in the world and will be pulling hard for you guys this week.  It is going to be a hard road to hoe for both teams this week.  Going on the road to play 2 very good to excellent teams.  Both the Devils and the Tornado's can win,  but are going to have to play their best ball of the season to do it.

But god I would love to see both teams move on !

How great would it be for 4 SWVA(Fort Chiswell is in SWVA imo) to be at Salem in a few weeks?

There are a lot of tough games and very good teams for Haysi, JI Burton, Fort Chiswell, Gate City and Richlands between now and then but it would be something special.