Cal Preps Projections

Ryan4VT

Cal Preps started their projection simulator this week. Here are the local match ups:

Narrows (VA) at Bland-Rocky Gap (Bland, VA), 7:00pm   [projection: Narrows (VA) 24-21]

Galax (VA) at Fort Chiswell (Max Meadows, VA), 7:00pm   [projection: Fort Chiswell (Max Meadows, VA) 35-34]

Chilhowie (VA) at Rural Retreat (VA), 7:30pm   [projection: Chilhowie (VA) 28-27]

Burton (Norton, VA) at Castlewood (VA), 7:30pm   [projection: Burton [John I.] (Norton, VA) 22-14]

Rye Cove (Clinchport, VA) at Eastside (Coeburn, VA), 7:30pm   [projection: Eastside [Coeburn/St. Paul] (Coeburn, VA) 42-14]

Graham (Bluefield, VA) at Grayson County (Independence, VA), 7:00pm   [projection: Graham (Bluefield, VA) 35-28]

Tazewell (VA) at Richlands (VA), 7:30pm   [projection: Richlands (VA) 41-14]

Central (Norton, VA) at Battle (Bristol, VA), 7:30pm   [projection: Central [Kelly/Pound] (Norton, VA) 34-14]

Lee (Jonesville, VA) at Union (Appalachia, VA), 7:30pm   [projection: Union [Appalachia/Powell Valley] (Appalachia, VA) 41-28]
Gate City (VA) at Virginia (Bristol, VA), 7:30pm   [projection: Gate City (VA) 35-14]

Giles (Pearisburg, VA) at Auburn (Riner, VA), 7:00pm   [projection: Giles (Pearisburg, VA) 42-14]

Henry (Glade Spring, VA) at Holston (Damascus, VA), 7:30pm   [projection: Henry [Patrick] (Glade Spring, VA) 42-28]

Honaker (VA) at Clintwood (VA), 7:30pm   [projection: Honaker (VA) 28-14]

Abingdon (VA) at Lebanon (VA), 7:30pm   [projection: Abingdon (VA) 31-19]

Wythe (Wytheville, VA) at Northwood (Saltville, VA), 7:30pm   [projection: Northwood (Saltville, VA) 27-20]

Haysi (VA) at Walker (Ewing, VA), 7:30pm   [projection: Haysi (VA) 44-6]

East Ridge (Lick Creek, KY) at Grundy (VA), 7:30pm   [projection: East Ridge (Lick Creek, KY) 21-17]

Hannan (Ashton, WV) at Twin Valley (Pilgrims Knob, VA), 7:30pm   [projection: Twin Valley (Pilgrims Knob, VA) 56-6]

Cal Preps started their projection simulator this week. Here are the local match ups:

Hannan (Ashton, WV) at Twin Valley (Pilgrims Knob, VA), 7:30pm   [projection: Twin Valley (Pilgrims Knob, VA) 56-6]

Tim Hayesâ€@Hayes_BHCSports5 hrs5 hours ago

Per Twin Valley coach Tommy Crigger, Hannan (W.Va.) has forfeited Friday's game due to injuries. Panthers move to 5-2

great state

Ryan, how good is this information? Statisticly, what percent of the time are they right?

This seems to be a little general(unlike the guys who set spreads for college and pro games). I had a friend play D1 a few years ago and was approached by a guy who was willing to pay him $250 a week to just find out who was hurt and who was fighting with their girlfriend. By fighting I do not mean physically fighting. It is a shame we have to mike that distinction in today's world.

In other words does this prediction know that the Blankenship kid is out or just crunching numbers?

Ryan, how good is this information? Statisticly, what percent of the time are they right?

This seems to be a little general(unlike the guys who set spreads for college and pro games). I had a friend play D1 a few years ago and was approached by a guy who was willing to pay him $250 a week to just find out who was hurt and who was fighting with their girlfriend. By fighting I do not mean physically fighting. It is a shame we have to mike that distinction in today's world.

In other words does this prediction know that the Blankenship kid is out or just crunching numbers?

I'll go find the exact number. But I remember seeing something a few years back that they were 97% correct on a national level, which is crazily impressive.

It goes off a computer program that factors in wins, losses, scores, SoS, and etc.

Last year the national avg of games picked right was 82%. The state of Virginia was 81.5%

Thanks! I was just going by what I had heard when the site was introduced to me. 82% is pretty darn good when you consider the amount of games on the country every week.

Thanks! I was just going by what I had heard when the site was introduced to me. 82% is pretty darn good when you consider the amount of games on the country every week.

I do agree. I really love that site. I have looking at it for the last 4 years or so.