10-10-14 Week 7 FB Updates

trublue

I'm hearing 42-24 final...could be wrong though...

I was so confused by the start of the 4th quarter, so it's hard to tell. FC had 3 TDs called back for some reason, but I was working concessions so I couldn't see the field good.

Thanks, that was my bad.......i have been over in kingsport until just a little while ago and just found it in the Honaker Clintwood thread......sorry, I should have searched before posting that. !

It's all good brother.

Retweeted by Times-News Sports

Lee High Generalsâ€@leegeneralslive48 secs48 seconds ago

Last second pass Union wins 33-30

We no just exactly how that feels! Its awful!

What a great game that had to be. Congratulations to the Bears and the Generals are no doubt a very good football team. Its tough to lose like that.

The TD pass in the a Union game that was called back with 7 seconds left....the penalty was blocking in the back. How the hell do you get flagged as an offensive lineman for blocking in the back in the interior of the line on a pass play? I will say this, the crew that worked the game didn't do a very good job either way. The one on the LOS on the home side was clueless...

I was so confused by the start of the 4th quarter, so it's hard to tell. FC had 3 TDs called back for some reason, but I was working concessions so I couldn't see the field good.

No problem.  Appreciate you posting the score.  I was going with 42-16 until another source of mine confirmed the 42-24 score.

The TD pass in the a Union game that was called back with 7 seconds left....the penalty was blocking in the back. How the hell do you get flagged as an offensive lineman for blocking in the back in the interior of the line on a pass play?

Yeh, I was confused by that myself when someone posted "flag in the backfield, block in the back".  Only think I could figure was, it was a screen pass and someone hit someone in the back after the receiver caught the ball...

However, I wasn't there so I have no idea what actually happened...

Lee has absolutely due against Union, should have won at least a couple of these past meetings.  Records go out the door in the recent meetings between these two.

'07 - Powell Valley 21-6
'08 - Powell Valley 6-0 OT (*Lee missed short field goal in the final seconds of the 4th)
'09 - Powell Valley 41-7
'10 - Powell Valley 28-8
'11 - Union 29-24
'12 - Union 38-20
'13 - Union 27-23
'14 - Union 33-30

Scores from Sat. games for Week 7:

Retweeted by Times-News Sports

Clintwoods last drive is unsuccessful and Honaker kneels out the clock and takes a 42-27 win.

Kevin Maysâ€@kevmays4 mins4 minutes ago

Final, Central 27, Battle 0

great state

Yeh, I was confused by that myself when someone posted "flag in the backfield, block in the back". Only think I could figure was, it was a screen pass and someone hit someone in the back after the receiver caught the ball...

However, I wasn't there so I have no idea what actually happened...

I was there...the play was a straight shotgun snap, and the QB heaved it to the end zone. I've heard many saying the Lee got screwed on the last play of the game, but Union got screwed two plays earlier on basically the same play.