VHSL Top 20 Rankings- 11-03-14

trublue

Right now it would be a Lebanon/Richlands rematch and a Union/Tazewell match up.  Marion would play Chatham and WiseCentral would play Giles.  Gate City would play 1-8 Martinsville.  Abingdon would play Monticello in the 3A.  I would bet there will be some changes after this weekend though.

Question is who wins Tazewell or Lebanon?  Right now I really think its a coin toss.

Score may not have showed it but Tazewell played much better Friday.  That leaves much room for interpretation but lets hope we show some strength to finish out with.

Personally I would love to see us face off with Union.  I look forward to going to new places

Going to go with the Dawgs in this one--the only thing that concerns me is its at Lebanon--away games seems to be an "Achilles heel" for some teams this year. 

I think the win for the Dawgs hinges on four things:

Blankenship playing

No turnovers

Stop the Pioneers running game--virtually no passing game (no passing yds in 1st half against the Blues--if memory serves me correctly, had 78 total passing yds for game.)

Tazewell's kicking game (PAT's)

Close game

Tazewell 20

Lebanon 14

I think that's a fair assumption of what can/will happen.  There is a fourth factor that I have seen historically at Lebanon.  The refs have seemed to have always turned a blind eye to dirty play on their home field.  Still no excuse to lose a game.  I do think the kicking game will be a huge factor if not the deciding one.

Last week the Pioneers had four turnovers against the Blues and I believe lost three of them.  If this happens, and the Dawgs can put points on the board, with the t/o's,  this will be huge.