Any you grundy fellas got anydates on the happenings at Twin Valley today

SW_VA_boy

It will happen when the Narrows people finally decide enough is enough we are tired of going 1-9 every year....The giles people for the most part are all for it, it's some of those people on the other end of the county that don't want it to happen

It would also make Giles a small 3A high school. Would that be acceptable to the folks down there?

Hurley defeated narrows 2-1.

Narrows beat Grundy 2-1

Castlewood beat grundy and Riverveiw

Twin Valley beat Twin Springs 3-0 and Riverveiw 3-0

I didn't see any of the earlier games,imo from what I saw Hurley was best team there followed by Twin Valley and then Castlewood.

I've heard that Giles would still be 2A but at/near the top of the cutoff line...but you may be right UVAO and we may sneak into the bottom of D3....wouldn't matter to us where we were because nothing you could do about it(and it's something that should have been done 20 years ago) and we never run from competition either....but it's a moot point anyway cause the other end of the county refuses to do it and I guess are happy with 1-9 and 2-8 seasons

Thankfully, a school is about much more than athletics or just football.  Academically, Narrows thru last year is doing quite well academically.  Now, the question eventually becomes what makes sense in regards to the students of the county and to the finances of the county and keeping that balance.  Given the way the administration from the county handled the PR with the last principal at Narrows, the ten commandments situation and other things, I have lil faith in the school board to make a decision worth a damn on their own.  

In short, I perfectly understand why they're happy with 1-9.  I also wouldn't be a bit surprised if their athletic success, or lack thereof, plays a part in closing the place.  That's what I would expect from the dipsh*ts in Pearisburg.  

Yeah call us dipsh*ts but the fact remains you are competetive in NO sports....ZERO...and big brother up the road is better in just about any sport that's played and you guys are so jealous....we aren't good in much other than football but still better than little brother in EVERYTHING.

BUT the fact remains there is no need for this small county to continue to have so many schools open with the number of kids in the entire county....it's just plain out stupid....when the little brothers figure this out something may happen...p.s. that will probably be never too

Narrows, to be honest, has some good looking athletes. #50, #2 and a couple of lineman looked really good.I think they need a new direction in coaching or the current coach needs to evolve to today's coaching style. Hurley has played Narrows I think every year since TV has held this jamboree and it's always the same formula. They get off the bus, look good warming up, start out playing hard, Hanz and Franz have them jacked up after a few good hits and then the dictator ( the coach)gets in their face after one mistake and seems the kids shut down. I don't care much for his tactics. Scrimmages are instructional time...tell them what they did wrong and show them how to correct it and then move on to the next play. I think the dictator ran out of gas against Grundy because of the heat because he seemed quieter. It was freaking hot and humid yesterday!

Thankfully, a school is about much more than athletics or just football.  Academically, Narrows thru last year is doing quite well academically.  Now, the question eventually becomes what makes sense in regards to the students of the county and to the finances of the county and keeping that balance.  Given the way the administration from the county handled the PR with the last principal at Narrows, the ten commandments situation and other things, I have lil faith in the school board to make a decision worth a damn on their own.  

In short, I perfectly understand why they're happy with 1-9.  I also wouldn't be a bit surprised if their athletic success, or lack thereof, plays a part in closing the place.  That's what I would expect from the dipsh*ts in Pearisburg.  

Not calling anyone names.  But I do agree with the statement about school being about more than athletes or football.

Not calling anyone names.  But I do agree with the statement about school being about more than athletes or football.

Oh and I agree with that completely but the fact is they should be together because there is no need to have so many schools running in this county with so few kids going to each of them.....just a total waste of money IMO

Oh and I agree with that completely but the fact is they should be together because there is no need to have so many schools running in this county with so few kids going to each of them.....just a total waste of money IMO

In all reality, that is the future of most schools in southwest VA.  Within the next 15 years most or all counties will have 1 to 2 schools, including Tazewell County, in my opinion.

Not jealous hokie. Bigger things in life to worry about. If you live east of celanese there should be concerns about why Giles High can not get accredidation and has one more year before the state steps in to figure it out for them while a smaller school with less resources like Narrows figured its primary mission out a few years ago. The comment in specifics was referring to the school board and it handling of things and not Pearisburg in general. Perhaps I should have been more clear.

In all reality, that is the future of most schools in southwest VA. Within the next 15 years most or all counties will have 1 to 2 schools, including Tazewell County, in my opinion.

I don't look for Tazewell County to consolidate. It will take a LOT of enrollment dropping. It's just not fiesable now or in the distant future.

I don't look for Tazewell County to consolidate. It will take a LOT of enrollment dropping. It's just not fiesable now or in the distant future.

C'mon guys, we all know that Raven is about to rise up, gain its own high school and bring back the CRIMSON TIDE!!!