Richlands @ Central

Ryan4VT

Richlands with 178 on the ground and 176 through the air. That's balance and efficiency.

Very sluggish start for the Blues. Took them a quarter to really get going.

For all the hype on Mullins, he ended the night with -24 rushing yards and the whole offense only had 111. With 105 of that coming in the 1st quarter. Richlands held them to 6 total yards the final 3 quarters.

Glad to see a little adversity early on and how they handled it and came back for the big win.

On to Virginia High.

Ryan, will Wise give Union any trouble?

Only if Union shoots themselves in the foot. I still think Richlands and Union are heads and shoulders better than any team in this area. And it's not a slight at others that are good (Abingdon, Honaker, etc), but man are RHS and UHS just flat scary good. Central has a good little team. Our defense was just too good at the end of the day.

Yea Ryan, they came out a little flat to start the game, a couple of the receivers dropped a couple of balls, but once they got it going they looked very good !
The D especially after the 1st qtr was really stout.
That's, a beautiful facility, but I wish the stands were a little closer to the field. It made it tough to see parts of the field and a bit disconnected from the game. But all in all a beautiful place and the fans I talked too were very friendly !

Yea Ryan, they came out a little flat to start the game, a couple of the receivers dropped a couple of balls, but once they got it going they looked very good !

The D especially after the 1st of

qtr was really stout.

That's, a beautiful facility, but I wish the stands were a little closer to the field. It made it tough to see parts of the field and a bit disconnected from the game. But all in all a beautiful place and the fans I talked too were very friendly !

They will not be that friendly to us, Union/Central has become a very heated rivalry. Both teams despise each other.

Thanks for the info Ryan, I am hoping Union does not come out flat against GC or Wise and manages to beat both teams to wrap up the conference title.

Union does struggle at times stopping the run and that is Wise's strength, but our athletes in space gives anyone trouble (just ask Ryan and the Richlands crew! lol j/p). I don't know if Central has the speed and athleticism to tackle Noaks, Mitchell and Gavin in space or cover them on deep routes. Jake Barnett, #13, is a fantastic player as well. He is a big body but has great athleticism (he is one of the top basketball players in the region) and is a big hitter at OLB. Combine that with a defensive line that has been blowing up inferior offenses all year (the inside duo of #5 Luke Stidham and #50 Jeb Stidham are extremely tough to block. Even Richlands, who has a very good OL, had trouble blocking them inside at times). And the linebackers are not afraid to come up and lay the wood on run plays, and guys like Mitchell, Noaks, and Gavin are great DBs.

Union's remaining schedule is Gate City at home, at Lee and Central, home against Eastside (blowout), travel to Letcher County, and finish at home with Battle.

Realistically, only four of those teams should have a shot at beating Union (GC, Wise, Lee, Letcher) and if Union can finish at 9-1 or better, that will almost assuradely mean that Union will host at least two playoff games. I just hope we avoid Richlands until a potential state semi-final game. I do NOT want to have to try and beat Richlands twice in one year even if its in Big Stone, especially with the Blues having revenge on their minds. I know both Giles and Glenvar are very good, everyone knows the top four seeds will be Glenvar, Union,Giles, and Richlands in some order. I am hoping it works out that if Union is #1, Richlands is #2/3 or if Union is #2/3, I want Richlands to be #1/4.

They will not be that friendly to us, Union/Central has become a very heated rivalry. Both teams despise each other.

Thanks for the info Ryan, I am hoping Union does not come out flat against GC or Wise and manages to beat both teams to wrap up the conference title.

Union does struggle at times stopping the run and that is Wise's strength, but our athletes in space gives anyone trouble (just ask Ryan and the Richlands crew! lol j/p). I don't know if Central has the speed and athleticism to tackle Noaks, Mitchell and Gavin in space or cover them on deep routes. Jake Barnett, #13, is a fantastic player as well. He is a big body but has great athleticism (he is one of the top basketball players in the region) and is a big hitter at OLB. Combine that with a defensive line that has been blowing up inferior offenses all year (the inside duo of #5 Luke Stidham and #50 Jeb Stidham are extremely tough to block. Even Richlands, who has a very good OL, had trouble blocking them inside at times). And the linebackers are not afraid to come up and lay the wood on run plays, and guys like Mitchell, Noaks, and Gavin are great DBs.

Union's remaining schedule is Gate City at home, at Lee and Central, home against Eastside (blowout), travel to Letcher County, and finish at home with Battle.

Realistically, only four of those teams should have a shot at beating Union (GC, Wise, Lee, Letcher) and if Union can finish at 9-1 or better, that will almost assuradely mean that Union will host at least two playoff games. I just hope we avoid Richlands until a potential state semi-final game. I do NOT want to have to try and beat Richlands twice in one year even if its in Big Stone, especially with the Blues having revenge on their minds. I know both Giles and Glenvar are very good, everyone knows the top four seeds will be Glenvar, Union,Giles, and Richlands in some order. I am hoping it works out that if Union is #1, Richlands is #2/3 or if Union is #2/3, I want Richlands to be #1/4.

Richlands and Union can't play in the semis. Cross bracket in the semi round. So we would likely either play in a quarter final or a state final.

I still hold by the fact that if we stay away from each other until the cross bracket, we will play each other in the state final.

Richlands has a great team no doubt,but to hear the fairweather Central "fans" who will in their customary Wise/Pound style bash them,is a bit disconcerting. Obviously we schedule teams like Richlands to get better. Their program is where we want to be,and with a good core of young kids (including a soph QB),the Warriors will be fine. We should be sitting at 3-1 with that mess at Letcher,so it's not like we've been terrible (just have to clean up the turnovers). This team was picked to finish dead last by most,and they realistically have a good shot at winning 6-7 games with a young squad and building a foundation for a future. Had you told me during the offseason that the Warriors could go 7-3,I'd have laughed at you. We are not there yet obviously,but we are turning the corner, Best of luck to a fine Richlands team and some great fans (thank you all for being so hungry and making us a ton of money in the band concessions too:)

That's, a beautiful facility, but I wish the stands were a little closer to the field. It made it tough to see parts of the field and a bit disconnected from the game. 

Central feels like youre sitting on the numbers compared to Ridgeview. Its a beautiful facility but its not a great stadium to watch a football game

I like the chance that Union and Richlands will meet again, but when? If this happens I just don't see Richlands losing to Union twice in one year.These two teams are the class of SWVA football, period. It has the makings of an historic game of the ages. We are talking a game that is like VT and Miami teams of the 80's.