Richlands @ Bluefield

Ryan4VT

Ole dickie poo if you think coaches don't post things in the locker room you are sadly mistaken. I've seen coaches make up things for motivation. That being said I don't think either team needs any locker room material posted to get Richlands or Bluefield motivated for this game. I can't remember the last time we have beat them at Mitchell if ever. I do know one thing for sure and that is Richlands better come to play we will have to be about 3 or 4 TD's better than Bluefield taken in to account the officials at Mitchell when you play the Beavers. The last time we played at Bluefield the officiating was pretty good but Bluefield had a MUCH better team than us, the players decided the game on the field. It really makes me nervous playing them at home when the teams are close to equal. 

I hope to god an NFL team is not trolling this message board for locker room material LOL. 

Quotes from credible sources like newspapers, Yes. Maybe an interview from a coach, of course! Heck I would even toss our VaPreps.com (not the forum) that some articles/standings/rankings might get mentioned or even posted in a locker room. 

Seriously, let's not kid ourselves. What we post here does NOT make it into a locker room. If it does it is more of a joke than used as something to "get the boys goin". 

I hope to god an NFL team is not trolling this message board for locker room material LOL.

Quotes from credible sources like newspapers, Yes. Maybe an interview from a coach, of course! Heck I would even toss our VaPreps.com (not the forum) that some articles/standings/rankings might get mentioned or even posted in a locker room.

Seriously, let's not kid ourselves. What we post here does NOT make it into a locker room. If it does it is more of a joke than used as something to "get the boys goin".

This board in many ways is more credible than you think.

Have you paid attention to how many people visit this board? Of course there is a lot of banter and foolishness but there is also a lot of great information and people on here. You would no doubt be surprised with some of the people on here.

If you think we are all so foolish why even bother with us that is found to be wanting? Im sorry you find this site so ignorant of knowledge. Maybe in the future some of us here can do better and gain enough intellect to win your vote of confidence.

I can promise you that stuff from this message board has made it into the Richlands locker room. When I was in school, someone would say something negative about Fuller and he would have them printed off and all over his locker. Same with Wicks when they said our defense wasn't good.

I'm sure we are not the only team. This board is far more credible than you seem to think.

Does Beaver have a legit passing game or is it all the two speedsters ?

From what I've seen, it seems their passing game is a lot of short stuff to the speedsters or a deep ball. That's on limited film however. Anyone from Bluefield have any better idea?

Message boards were discussed when I played as well.

I have been around this board since 2003 although just not a member posting.  It has always been filled with useful info and insight.  Minus a few members that is.  Some boards probably aren't worth the seconds it takes to even load the page but this one has a long term credibility.

This game may be closer than a lot of fans think, but the Blues just have too much overall talent to lose, if they play up to their capabilities. Close, but no cigar for Bluefield. In rival games, you just never know what to expect. The Butterflies have a field day.

No offense to either team, but I just thought maybe some of the players or coachesor even fans might be just a little nervous at some point in the game. Usually, the " Butterflies " happen early, or in some games, late during a close game. Guess you never experienced that sensation in all the games you played in or watched. Sorry, for the post, and I did not mean to offend anyone by my post. Please remove the post if you where offended. By saying the Butterflies would have a field day, I was implying that both teams might have a case of the nerves at some point. Again, sorry if you took offense at my poor choice of words and at a lame choice of words on an attempt of a little humor.

No offense to either team, but I just thought maybe some of the players or coachesor even fans might be just a little nervous at some point in the game. Usually, the " Butterflies " happen early, or in some games, late during a close game. Guess you never experienced that sensation in all the games you played in or watched. Sorry, for the post, and I did not mean to offend anyone by my post. Please remove the post if you where offended. By saying the Butterflies would have a field day, I was implying that both teams might have a case of the nerves at some point. Again, sorry if you took offense at my poor choice of words and at a lame choice of words on an attempt of a little humor.

Ah. That makes more sense hahah. I'm just so used to hearing us called by many "nicknames" F5, blownados, etc....so I just assumed this was another one. My bad.

I get butterflies all the time watching games. The Union game comes to mind. That whole 4th quarter and overtime took 8 years off my life.

From what I've seen, it seems their passing game is a lot of short stuff to the speedsters or a deep ball. That's on limited film however. Anyone from Bluefield have any better idea?

Pretty much correct...get the ball to the speedsters in space and stretch the D with a deep ball.

Pretty much correct...get the ball to the speedsters in space and stretch the D with a deep ball.

There is a Sophomore fullback that pretty quick and strong.  He had 150 yards and two TDs on Greenbrier East pretty much running up the middle.  He did some damage to Princeton and Gate City as well up the middle.  Bluefield has speed and some talent but it's young.  The line is mostly seniors.  Whatever the reason is they just have long periods in games where they don't block well on offense, control gaps on defense, or cover receivers at all. With Reed and Collier back to receive kickoffs and punts, hardly anyone has been kicking deep to them for obvious reasons.  I've seen shades of these same problems from Bluefield the previous two seasons and it helped lead to early playoff exits.

Richlands will be the first complete team they've played and I believe that Richlands will trounce them up and down the field.  I really hope I'm wrong, but we'll see what happens.

There is a Sophomore fullback that pretty quick and strong.  He had 150 yards and two TDs on Greenbrier East pretty much running up the middle.  He did some damage to Princeton and Gate City as well up the middle.  Bluefield has speed and some talent but it's young.  The line is mostly seniors.  Whatever the reason is they just have long periods in games where they don't block well on offense, control gaps on defense, or cover receivers at all. With Reed and Collier back to receive kickoffs and punts, hardly anyone has been kicking deep to them for obvious reasons.  I've seen shades of these same problems from Bluefield the previous two seasons and it helped lead to early playoff exits.

Richlands will be the first complete team they've played and I believe that Richlands will trounce them up and down the field.  I really hope I'm wrong, but we'll see what happens.

And this is what scares me most......you can't teach speed period!!!!!

Richlands does have good speed this year but we don't have anybody than can run with Reed and Collier. All this praise respect coming from you guys is admirable but is it lowering expections? Beating Beaver on there turf is something im hoping for because it will be a terrible loss of power points we want recover from this season. Probably would mean no home games and one at best.

I would gladly take a one point win

th

And this is what scares me most......you can't teach speed period!!!!!

Richlands does have good speed this year but we don't have anybody than can run with Reed and Collier. All this praise respect coming from you guys is admirable but is it lowering expections? Beating Beaver on there turf is something im hoping for because it will be a terrible loss of power points we want recover from this season. Probably would mean no home games and one at best.

I would gladly take a one point win

th

No one in the state of WV has anyone that can run with Reed in the open field since he's the two-time defending 100M champ. lol Collier is about a half step slower if that much.  I don't know how fast the Edwards kid is a fullback, but I've watched him carry tacklers and run over people since rec league ball.  That kid is strong.  His nickname is "Truck" for obvious reason.  He's also outran defenses to the end zone when he got into the open field. 

I've watched lesser teams control the edge on Bluefield and bottle them up.  If Richlands bites on that double handoff play that Bluefield runs then one of those backs will be gone with the ball to the house.  I've not seen Richlands play, but Richlands has blown out the two teams that Bluefield struggled with.  Bluefield couldn't put either of them away until the last min of each of those games.  That should tell the story how this game comes out.  Richlands will be more disciplined I believe and make it really hard for Bluefield to get guys in the open field.

I'm not trying to mis-lead anyone.  I'm just giving my gut feeling based on what I've seen from Bluefield.  I've been watching Beaver games for over 20 years and I don't think this Bluefield team is anywhere close to championship caliber.  There's something about them that they haven't put it together for the last couple of years and I don't see it in this team yet either.  Not to take anything away from the kids on the team by any means.  I know a few of them off the field and they're great kids and a lot of fun to be around.  They bust their butts and want to win.