is a richlands vs union rematch the inevitable

UniON_FoOtBaLL

We have the best running back in the state guys. Richlands would have to wrap up (which is unheard of) to tackle him

You have a good RB, no doubt. But your line couldn't block Richlands on a consistent basis. The best back in the world can't run if he doesn't have any blocking. The step up frim A to AA is MASSIVE. You're not factoring that in.

Believe me BigWinners,  we know that !  have a lot of respect for your program and fans !

Same here. Union as a whole has the utmost respect for the Blues, and I have family that live up there and cousins that played ball for the Tornado

Do you know a Gene Hearl?

What Union matchup are you commenting on? You have been so right so often.....I might need your help with my pick ems....lol

I need all the help I can get!

I have not laughed so hard in my life. Sad how a difference of opinion gets that large of a rise out of this board.

You have a good RB, no doubt. But your line couldn't block Richlands on a consistent basis. The best back in the world can't run if he doesn't have any blocking. The step up frim A to AA is MASSIVE. You're not factoring that in.

the passive aggressive in this post is too much. Sad sad sad

In the eye is in the beholder? Noaks is the difference

This phone....

Your right noaks is arguably the best DB in the state in 2a in my opinion an all around raw athlete an a bad a$$ WR he will make a difference but I don't think it's gonna be a huge difference

Your right noaks is arguably the best DB in the state in 2a in my opinion an all around raw athlete an a bad a$$ WR he will make a difference but I don't think it's gonna be a huge difference

on a serious note, seen union 3 times and I haven't seen a jet sweep to him once, is this something they do or is he more of a threat stretching the D and occupied space?

the passive aggressive in this post is too much. Sad sad sad

There is literally 0 passive aggressive in that post whatsoever. Their RB is good. Obviously. But does anyone think that with a step up to a Richlands or a Union or Glenvar that he would be lighting the world on fire like he is in A ball?

on a serious note, seen union 3 times and I haven't seen a jet sweep to him once, is this something they do or is he more of a threat stretching the D and occupied space?

They really don't run the jet sweep a lot they did for a cpl games. they like to get him the ball on quick passes so they can let him run in space that is what he is good at. But I think he is the real deal in the secondary I love our DBS that's why ppl have a hard time passing on us. An he didn't even play in the richlands game.

They really don't run the jet sweep a lot they did for a cpl games. they like to get him the ball on quick passes so they can let him run in space that is what he is good at. But I think he is the real deal in the secondary I love our DBS that's why ppl have a hard time passing on us. An he didn't even play in the richlands game.

an they got 2 6'4 WR That they use for down field so he normally runs the short routes

FACT: Gents Appomatox plays Amherst the last game of the regular season and from a very good source I trust...they don't have a snowballs chance. Amherst beat Brookeville who at the time was the top rated team in 3A. This should allow Glenvar and Richlands to move up to the 2 and 3 seeds and if things pan out the way they should make the possibility of a Union vs. Richlands match-up a possibility if both teams take care of business. Also I have heard through the Grapevine that GC doesn't make playoffs regardless of the outcome Friday. Personally I will be rooting on the side of Central not bc we (Union) are afraid of them (Gate City), but it would be nice to see GC miss the playoffs as a whole...I would like to also stress and remind all those who think that Richlands is better than Union that arguably the most dangerous player for the Bears in RaaShaun Noaks did not play in the game and the Bears still prevailed. Would be great to see the rematch though for all the chips in Salem. This week is a very dangerous game for Union because they are traveling out of state and the officiating plus the fact Letcher needs to win to get in the KY playoffs so they will be very desperate and unpredictable. Simply put we can't allow the game to be close enough to where we allow our fate to be put in the hands of out of state officiating. Take care of business boys!!

.I would like to also stress and remind all those who think that Richlands is better than Union that arguably the most dangerous player for the Bears in RaaShaun Noaks did not play in the game and the Bears still prevailed. 

I doubt this information will change anyone's opinion. Union may or may not be better than Richlands (to be determined).....but a 1 point victory due to a missed XP in OT is hardly a "case closed" piece of evidence.  I have no doubt that Noaks is very good, but you would be foolish to believe a game as tight as that one ....played way back in week 2...is indicative of the relative strength of each team at season's end.  I'm sure Union fans see Noak's availability for the next meeting between the two teams, if it even happens, as a reason to feel confident about a potential rematch. Richlands fans will  look at the 4 turnovers, missed fg, missed XP, and over 100 yards more total offense, and draw some confidence of their own.

Both teams need to take care of business to make this discussion even worth having....

Gate City will ABSOLUTELY be in the playoffs with a win over Central, and may even snag a spot with a loss. I have heard some of the same insinuations about the Appo/Amherst game. Time will tell. Letcher did lose their starting RB to a season ending injury two weeks ago so that may change the dynamics of the game for the Bears.

Noaks will make a difference in any game that Union plays. They're better with him than without him, but that DOESN'T guarantee a victory over anyone including and especially Richlands. Some notes about the first meeting..

Richlands did have several turnovers. One int was a bad pass. The other two were great plays by Union's DBs.

Richlands' fumble was a great play by #27. He hit the QB and knocked the ball out of his hands.

The field goal was missed, but the XP was deflected by #27. 

So that's 6 mistakes by Richlands that could have cost them the game, but 4 were caused by Union. Union had an 1 INT, so that comes down to 1 net mistake by Richlands. If 1 mistake by a team costs them a game then the teams were pretty darn evenly matched. Richlands did have more yards, but it was only 60 more.

I personally don't want to play Richlands again. I hate playing teams twice when you win the first one. The winning team wants to play the second game like they did the first one because if it ain't broke don't fix it. While the losing team plans and schemes for a completely different game. I think the advantage would automatically go to Richlands. It's hard to get to the top, but it's easier than staying there. 

My point to all of this.....Union won a close, hard fought contest and have won 3 straight, but Richlands' time is coming. That's why I don't wan to see them again this year.