Graham...Regular Season Scoring Record

GMan

This team set a regular season record for points scored.  The G-Men have scored 411 points (41.1 pts/game) during the regular season.  The 2001 team scored 407 points (40.7 pts/game) during the regular season.  However, the 2001 team scored another 176 in four post-season games for 583 points total (41.64 pts/game) for the season.

This team set a regular season record for points scored. The G-Men have scored 411 points (41.1 pts/game) during the regular season. The 2001 team scored 407 points (40.7 pts/game) during the regular season. However, the 2001 team scored another 176 in four post-season games for 583 points total (41.64 pts/game) for the season.

The fact they averaged that while only scoring 7 at Richlands is quite the accomplishment!!! Congrats!! The G-Men are on the ride.

Slightly different schedule though.  Averaging 40+ against Greeneville, TN, PH Roanoke, and Blacksburg is a far cry tougher than averaging 40+ against Bland, Narrows, Grayson and Fort Chiswell.  Factor in the significant difference between where the programs at Grundy and Tazewell are now versus then and it makes 2001 even more impressive.

Slightly different schedule though.  Averaging 40+ against Greeneville, TN, PH Roanoke, and Blacksburg is a far cry tougher than averaging 40+ against Bland, Narrows, Grayson and Fort Chiswell.  Factor in the significant difference between where the programs at Grundy and Tazewell are now versus then and it makes 2001 even more impressive.

Yes, but considering THIS is what they should have been doing since they joined the MED shows that at least there is some improvement under Coach Palmer.  They averaged 55 pts./game vs. MED competition this season...compared to 29.0 in 2014, 27.2 in 2013, 33.6 in 2012, and 18.6 in 2011.

Yes, but considering THIS is what they should have been doing since they joined the MED shows that at least there is some improvement under Coach Palmer...

Agreed!  It looks like Graham exiting the MED is coinciding with the rise of the program.  Once the defense gets on par with the offense, they will be a force in 2A. 

Pretty remarkable what the offense has done especially going up against strong competition. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Graham played 4 teams this year that finished the season 9-1 (BlFD, Richlands', Abingdon, Giles). What stands out even more there was only one game this season in which they weren't in "Richlands". Back to the topic, I'm glad to see Graham putting up points and beating teams the way they are suppose to. Averaging 55 points in the MED is what they are supposed to do year in and year out, I'm glad to see that finally happening now that Palmer is there. As for the 411 points that is credited to good coaching and having playmakers with speed. Palmer and the coaching staff have done an excellent job in putting players in the correct spots/positions to make plays. My brother is a senior on this years team, I asked him before the season started where did he see this team? what were his goals? Of course he stated win a State title and all the things you expect every kid to say. But he said one thing that sticks out to me, he stated I want to be part of the Senior class that brings Graham High School & Bluefield Virginia back to relevance. I believe they have done that, I'm very proud of this team and hopefully they continue this season with a big showing this upcoming Friday at James River.

I believe blue field was 8-1 with a 9 game schedule but I agree with what you said. Much improved from last year, especially with their attitudes. This time last year probably 90% knew they were going to go 0-1 in the playoffs. This year I believe 90% of them think they could go all the way. Not saying they will, but getting he kids to believe that is half the battle.

Anyone have the total of how much Graham's defense gave up this year? I know there was 4 games they gave up a lot ( richlands, Giles, Galax, Abingdon) but other than that I feel the average should've been much lower than last year.

Bluefield - 21  28

Tazewell - 14

Richlands - 49

Giles - 42

Abingdon - 57

Grayson Co. - 14

Galax - 41

Bland - 14

Fort Chiswell - 0

Narrows - 7

Total: 259.  266

Fixed it for you.

Defense held Bluefield to their season low point total of 28 plus it didn't allow 70+ points like it did TWICE last season....

I cant tell you guys how bad I want you guys to beat James River. I believe it would kick start them and give them the confidence they have earned. No doubt they have the athletes to play with most if not all teams in 2A. There offense is getting better even as good as they have been. 

Good luck to them.....i know this is the wrong thread for this but its how this Richlands fan feels about them