2nd Round of Playoffs

wave316

Guess some teams are glad for a Giles -Glenvar rematch. Would have been great to seen a Giles -Richlands game...but it could still happen perhaps, Union better be prepared for Graham , I predicted Graham being a sleeper team . Union has home field advantage but so did James River. Graham playing with lots of confidence. Union has the weapons to stand tall though. Honaker and Radford will be a great game also. Richlands will be in a great game as well. I think Giles comes away with a win in round 2. What are your thoughts on Round 2?

If Union takes Graham lightly then they will be put on upset alert. Once graham gets a head of steam they are dangerous. I'm taking Richlands over Buckingham in what could be a shootout. Giles and Glenvar is definitely the game of the week. Should be another low scoring game. Both teams should have all players healthy. With good weather and good officiating, I say that Giles pulls the upset. People wouldn't consider it an upset but I would considering that Glenvar is the defending Champs that returned almost everyone and Giles lost 14 starters. These are just my opinions, we will know for sure next weekend!

Won't this be the third straight year Honaker has played Radford?  I believe Radford beat Honaker in 2013 and Honaker beat Radford in 2014.  Right or wrong?  Unfortunately, I believe this will be a Radford win...by a score of 37-24.

Won't this be the third straight year Honaker has played Radford? I believe Radford beat Honaker in 2013 and Honaker beat Radford in 2014. Right or wrong? Unfortunately, I believe this will be a Radford win...by a score of 37-24.

Honaker lost to Covington in the first round at home in 13.

Bland has had an impressive run this season but it will end this week.  Radford and Galax will win by several scores.

I agree with you GWMaroon.  I think Rural Retreat will win.  They have improved over the course of the season as much as anyone I have seen.

3A West  Abingdon @ Northside.  This is a rematch from August's scrimmage.  So both these teams have seen each other once.  Abingdon had beaten Northside in every 7 on 7 they played together in this past summer.  This one will be interesting.  I have to go with my team and say AHS pulls the win.

I hope you are right and Abingdon wins but I think Northside wins by a good margin....7 on 7's mean nothing IMO...Northside is battle tested and Torrance usually gets them going once playoff time rolls around....I don't like Northside at all that's why I want Abingdon to win but I just don't see it being close....I'm usually wrong so the Falcons may be in good shape LOL

I hope you are right and Abingdon wins but I think Northside wins by a good margin....7 on 7's mean nothing IMO...Northside is battle tested and Torrance usually gets them going once playoff time rolls around....I don't like Northside at all that's why I want Abingdon to win but I just don't see it being close....I'm usually wrong so the Falcons may be in good shape LOL

In that case I hope your true to form.  LOL  I do know that AHS isn't taking them lightly and know they will be in for a fight.  Although I'm not sure Northside would want to get into a shootout with Abingdon.  I'm expecting them to want to run some ball control offense to keep Sturgill and Co. off the field.  Rustburg did it for 3 1/2 quarters and it was a big difference in the game this past Friday.  Luckly AHS got a 4th down stop and the offense came in to tie it and force OT.  Thankfully we had some OT expierence and nobody panicked.  I will give the advantage to Northside having home field but if Sturgill is on and the defense is clicking AHS could pull one off nobody excepts.

I believe Rural Retreat - Burton to be a pick-em game.  It appears Gilliam agrees with me as well.  

The others will not be close games.

To be honest, I really don't know anything about Burton. That's the one team who is a complete mystery to me heading into the postseason. I do know that RR is a solid, balanced team that can play with anyone.