Union @ Graham

RiverRat24

Just like Richlands....I've not seen Graham play this year. I wouldn't have the slightest idea about making a prediction in this one. Don't really know enough about the G-men to know how these two match up against one another. Yall that have seen both play, lets have some input.

The only thing I feel safe in saying is that it should be a pretty good game.

I've seen both once. 

Graham doesn't really have an inside presence. At least not enough of one to stop Barnett. Workman and Nokes will both be themselves (although Richlands held Workman to 7, one of his lowest outputs of the season). 

I think this comes down to the lack of a true post presence for Graham. 

Union by 7-10. 

If Union gets down they panic, as long as they can stay within striking distance they should be able to win. They've only lost to 3 teams, 2 during the Arbys and GC 3 times. BUT, if you can't make free throws, you don't win this time of the year. Union really struggles from the charity stripe. And if Graham has a crowd like they did vs GC last year it'll rattle Union. Im picking Graham.

G-Men 64

Bears 56

Should be a good one, both are coming off losses. Graham is a better "basketball team" but, Union has a decided advantage on athletes.

Someone has already mentioned Union's free throw woes and that could bite them big time Tuesday. Graham likes to get up and down the floor so I'd expect a lot of possessions in this one. Not sure what would be better from a G-Man standpoint, if they play a fast up tempo game it limits Barnette but you have to deal with their athletes.

Hope they assign a good crew to this one, it may get ugly. The football playoff game got way out of hand from what I recall and both teams have two sport guys who were involved in that.

I'm taking Union due to their length, they'd have to miss a ton of shots and/or turn it over a lot to lose I think.

A final thought, the Bears may be a sleeper team to watch out for this year. If they get by Graham, they could potentially play 3 straight games in their own county.

Having seen both teams on the surface it would appear that Union has the huge advantage, but Graham is well coached and I think they have a pretty large advantage when it comes to tactics.  Home court won't matter much here, as the kids from Union will play better in a hostile environment (that is not Gate City).

I see Graham playing a lot of zone-they have size inside that can bother Barnette.  Union can struggle to score at times, especially if they can't get easy buckets on turnovers.  Defensively I think Graham will be ok, the problem is that you have to score to win.    Union has the athletes to really smother you in the halfcourt if you don't have an elite athlete like McClung to break them down, and I think Graham depends a lot on Workman penetration to score and that may not be available against Union's length and athleticism. 

I'll take Union in a low scoring affair.  

Nokes makes Union go. You shut him down, or get him in foul trouble, Union becomes a much different team. I am glad he is a senior. 

Barnett can be tough to stop. GC does not match up with him well. No idea what Graham has to match up with him. 

Have never seen Graham, so no way I could make a prediction. 

I'm already pretty pumped about tomorrow night. Wish I was getting to watch both games. Good luck and safe travels to you fellas that show up for the game. I'll be headed to GC as soon as Domtar let's me clock out around 6 o'clock.

Took the bait... hook, line, and sinker haha get there by about 6:30 and you should be able to get you a decent seat. It may not even be crowded at all, but Im gonna go out on a limb and say i seriously doubt that happening.

I'll be rolling in at 6 lol. I don't want to take a chance.

Wish we were leaving earlier, I would love to stop at the Iron Skillet at the Damascus exit and hit the buffet but then I probably couldn't make it to the game if I did. Oh the things me and mhsalum Sr. do for Mavahi. Hopefully we can take care of business tonight and we can see y'all in beautiful downtown Wise Friday night. Good look to everyone tonight and safe travels, Ryan make the trip, you'll regret it if you dont!

Wish we were leaving earlier, I would love to stop at the Iron Skillet at the Damascus exit and hit the buffet but then I probably couldn't make it to the game if I did. Oh the things me and mhsalum Sr. do for Mavahi. Hopefully we can take care of business tonight and we can see y'all in beautiful downtown Wise Friday night. Good look to everyone tonight and safe travels, Ryan make the trip, you'll regret it if you dont!

I'm making it lol. If we were to pull the upset and win our first ever playoff game, I would hate myself for missing it. Lol.