Graham vs. Gate City

futbolking

Regardless of the outcome, at least Graham had a good showing... I feel like they and Gate City can play with Dan River and Martinsville....... should be a good confidence booster for Graham and Gate City.....  I guess we will see if George Mason is as good as advertised.

Graham shooting 6 of 15 from the free throw line....(uggh)

Wish the boys had at least had a more consistent crew. No way anyone can hardly get into a rythm with those kinds of calls. Close game like I figured..... Was just hoping it wouldn't be that ugly. Maybe they both got that junk out of their system and wipe out the top teams in the East.

Good luck to Graham against Mason. Hope the Devils can put it on Bluestone.

Just an example of the officiating we have had all year. 

Was afraid GC would come out flat and not in a good frame of mind............it happened. 

Not sure if these stats are  correct. They came from the guy seated beside me. 47 total fouls called. 5 Players fouled out. GHS shot 42% from the field. GC shot 33%.

George Mason over Bluestone, 69-42.

2A State quarterfinals

Graham vs. George Mason, at Robinson Secondary in Fairfax

Gate City vs. Bluestone, at VCU

Martinsville vs. Bruton, at Salem

Dan River vs. Greensville County, at Salem

Holy crap.....VCU is the closest site for Bluestone? If GC wins that means they will be going to VCU in back to back weeks correct?

And if anyone knows the date and time....please post as soon as you hear! Gonna see if I need to schedule off or not.

Holy crap.....VCU is the closest site for Bluestone? If GC wins that means they will be going to VCU in back to back weeks correct?

Closer for them than Salem or JMU.  Some could be moved if there's too many games.  Could be worse though, had GC lost they'd be going to Fairfax. 

Super site assignments:

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/bkb-2016-super-sites-all-schools-js.pdf

Yea.....I didn't realize until I checked a map of VA last night that Fairfax is on the very Northeast tip end of the state. Go any further and your swimming! Gonna be a long haul for the G-men!

Shows that it only takes 45 mins longer to get to Fairfax compared to VCU. Seems like it would be a bigger difference than that.