richlands and honaker...

#1BLUESFAN

I think from what I am hearing that this may be a down year for the Tigers so I will say that the score will depend on what coach Mance and his staff want to work on and how long the starters play.

I just hope that both teams can come away from it with NO major or minor injuries

Mance is always classy so I'm sure the score won't be to bad. Everything that ive herd from the tigers is they have no fire or killer instinct at all. Hopefully they learn alot firday night and no matter what the score they fight for 4 quarters.

Its unfortunate that this series wasn't a little more competitive with only one win going to Honaker in the first game but it's done it's job over the years and it's time to move on.

Mance is always classy so I'm sure the score won't be to bad. Everything that ive herd from the tigers is they have no fire or killer instinct at all. Hopefully they learn alot firday night and no matter what the score they fight for 4 quarters.

Its unfortunate that this series wasn't a little more competitive with only one win going to Honaker in the first game but it's done it's job over the years and it's time to move on.

Well,  I always pull for Honaker when they are not playing the Blues so I hate to hear that about the Tigers.  I hope they improve and are able to have another good season !

Good luck to you guys this year !

I look for both teams to play a lot of different players.  Richlands will likely play their starters a quarter or two.  I hope for no injuries for either team!!

I just hope the weather doesn't limit the game to a half this year :)

Don't expect Collins, Ball, or possibly Medley to play tonight.

yea,  no sense in taking a chance with them this week with GC coming next week.  We already had a history of loosing at least 1 player to injury in this game and 1 more week for these guys to get healthy is important. 

Richlands 69-20.

Na,  Mance wont let it get that bad,  he'll play a lot of young guys this week after the 1st qtr,  although he may play his young starting LB's a little more than that to get them some experience.   Just a guess on my part.

Yea, I was pretty positive Ball or Chase would be playing.  Would be absolutely pointless to play them in this game.  If there is any question with their status next week, I wouldn't play them then either.

Yea, I was pretty positive Ball or Chase would be playing. Would be absolutely pointless to play them in this game. If there is any question with their status next week, I wouldn't play them then either.

GC is now likely without Collier as well if he has that high ankle sprain. Hate seeing GC down like this.

My thoughts:

Honaker is very, very down. Even in past years when this has been a blowout, it wasn't this kind of blowout. Gonna be a long year I think for the Tigers.

Richlands played without Scottie Ball, Chace Collins, and Jason Medley. Those are 3 offensive starters (2 WR and an OL) and still it up the board. This offense will be special again.

White and Booker both looked good running the ball. The line opened up gaps and they made good reads.

Defense looked 200% better than last week. That could be a side effect of Honaker being down, but I think they silly mistakes, overshooting gaps and wrong coverages, weren't there tonight. We will see more in 7 days.

The biggest thing I saw from Richlands was what they were doing on the sideline. This year, several members and businesses of the community donated a TV and the technology to record the live action and send it to the TV on the sideline. When the offense came off the field, the unit would head over to the tent and watch the plays that had just happened. This is the same thing we see in NCAA and the NFL every week.

I think that right there is a HUGE advantage for Richlands this year. Visual learning minutes after it happened as opposed to the next week. Major breakthrough.

My thoughts:

Honaker is very, very down. Even in past years when this has been a blowout, it wasn't this kind of blowout. Gonna be a long year I think for the Tigers.

Richlands played without Scottie Ball, Chace Collins, and Jason Medley. Those are 3 offensive starters (2 WR and an OL) and still it up the board. This offense will be special again.

White and Booker both looked good running the ball. The line opened up gaps and they made good reads.

Defense looked 200% better than last week. That could be a side effect of Honaker being down, but I think they silly mistakes, overshooting gaps and wrong coverages, weren't there tonight. We will see more in 7 days.

The biggest thing I saw from Richlands was what they were doing on the sideline. This year, several members and businesses of the community donated a TV and the technology to record the live action and send it to the TV on the sideline. When the offense came off the field, the unit would head over to the tent and watch the plays that had just happened. This is the same thing we see in NCAA and the NFL every week.

I think that right there is a HUGE advantage for Richlands this year. Visual learning minutes after it happened as opposed to the next week. Major breakthrough.

That's pretty impressive Ryan.  Those kids will be able to learn a lot from this.  I believe it was Galax that Graham played last year that had similar technology.  Sixcat may be able to elaborate more on it.  To the best of my memory(which isn't very good) Galax had a camera set up outside the endzone, that sent feed up to the coaches in the box.  They didn't have the ability to view the footage on the sideline like you're speaking of.  That's pretty impressive.

Mance talked about it on the radio. He said it was a huge tools most kids are visual learners so when you can use it in practice and they can immediately see it, it speeds up the learning process. I assume it'll be used at all home games. It'll be interesting to see if it gets used on the road.