David Crockett @ Union

SuperX

Who we got for this week fellas? I'm not sure what DC kept or lost this year. Being a home game for us I think obviously gives us a better advantage. Hopefully the ground n pound works out well for us this week

I'm at a little bit of a loss on this one.. Don't know much about Crockett. I think they lost a lot from last season (QB, WR, OL). This is one of those that can sneak up on you, especially after last week. I'm thinking we will come out strong and ready to get back on track.

I'm at a little bit of a loss on this one.. Don't know much about Crockett. I think they lost a lot from last season (QB, WR, OL). This is one of those that can sneak up on you, especially after last week. I'm thinking we will come out strong and ready to get back on track.

Im just hoping their not still holding last weeks loss over their head and still down about it, that is definitely a game you definitely don't need to hold your head about, especially with a younger squad like we have, on a road game. Be proud you can even compete with a squad like the blues like we have for years

I don't think they'll be the same team as last year. Lost their QB and a very good WR, but they do have the tough, shifty, little back again this year. We just need to contain him in space.

They had a speedy and athletic secondary that limited our pass some, but we had no issue running the ball. Bigger, stronger line and backfield this year should equal an easy win.

Bears 35 Crockett 14

I predicted that Richlands would defeat Union by a couple of touchdowns last week.  After watching the game, I say the Bears defense is better than I originally thought and Union is right in there with last year's team at this point; and the game turned out to be another over-time classic.  Therefore this week I'm predicting a lower scoring game than last year's Union vs Davy Crockett.  I'll say Union 31 and Davy Crockett 14.  Union will run the ball effectively and that makes the game move a little quicker and limits scoring opportunities for both squads.

An interesting note for Union so far is the variety of players that have scored.  Mitchell leads the team with 4 TDs but I think 7 other players have scored points after just two games.  Union is not as explosive as last season but may have more weapons.  Certainly Union will experience growing pains throughout the year but I suspect they will be a serious threat come playoff time.

I predicted that Richlands would defeat Union by a couple of touchdowns last week.  After watching the game, I say the Bears defense is better than I originally thought and Union is right in there with last year's team at this point; and the game turned out to be another over-time classic.  Therefore this week I'm predicting a lower scoring game than last year's Union vs Davy Crockett.  I'll say Union 31 and Davy Crockett 14.  Union will run the ball effectively and that makes the game move a little quicker and limits scoring opportunities for both squads.

An interesting note for Union so far is the variety of players that have scored.  Mitchell leads the team with 4 TDs but I think 7 other players have scored points after just two games.  Union is not as explosive as last season but may have more weapons.  Certainly Union will experience growing pains throughout the year but I suspect they will be a serious threat come playoff time.

Agree. 

The difference in defensive effort between Norton and Richlands was night and day. I look forward to seeing how they handle run first teams the rest of the season. Holding Richlands spread to 0 points for a good 3 quarters was impressive to say the least. I would be surprised if we play another team with the Blues passing capabilities.

If they can stop the run that well maybe, just maybe, we would be prepared for a Giles or Clarke Co come playoffs.

I'm still thinking the Bears regular season record this season will be 8-2; but I believe they will be just as serious a playoff team as they were last year by season's end.  If the defense can continue to improve, Union will again be a title contender.  At this early point in the season, I think we've got Graham, Richlands, and Union all in that category for VHSL D2.  I don't see anybody down here contending with Galax for D1 and I wish Abingdon could contend for D3 but I am not yet a believer.  The Falcons need to beat up on Richlands to show me.   

I'm still thinking the Bears regular season record this season will be 8-2; but I believe they will be just as serious a playoff team as they were last year by season's end.  If the defense can continue to improve, Union will again be a title contender.  At this early point in the season, I think we've got Graham, Richlands, and Union all in that category for VHSL D2.  I don't see anybody down here contending with Galax for D1 and I wish Abingdon could contend for D3 but I am not yet a believer.  The Falcons need to beat up on Richlands to show me.   

GW can contend with Galax in the A world.

Who's Union's other loss going to be?  Central?

Maybe gate city, we were much better last year and should have lost. Letcher played us tough last year also, but when you go to Kentucky you also have to play the refs.

Crockett had a few good plays called back due to penalties, but definitely not the team they had last year. Their fan turnout surprised me a little. They brought about as many as Burton did.

I would like to see Mitchell get the ball more, but he could have sat this game out and the score would have been the same. Impressed by the speed of 17. He really needs to get the ball in space more.