PH vs GW

face-n-dacrowd

I know some of you will pick against us since we lost to Marion.  I disagree.  The game was much closer than the score.  The pass interference and roughing call really hurt us.  I think if those were bad calls.  Rebels will face GW this week and believe or not its will be the last time we will meet in the regular season.  Coach will have them ready.  We shut Clintwood down with a victory couple years ago.  Hoping we do it with this crew in Wytheville.  Our boys want to get the bad taste out of their mouth after last Friday and no better way than to get a win over GW.  Last year proved we can play with them. Rebel faithful has circled this one for a year.  I think it will be a classic one.  Go Rebels.

I know some of you will pick against us since we lost to Marion.  I disagree.  The game was much closer than the score.  The pass interference and roughing call really hurt us.  I think if those were bad calls.  Rebels will face GW this week and believe or not its will be the last time we will meet in the regular season.  Coach will have them ready.  We shut Clintwood down with a victory couple years ago.  Hoping we do it with this crew in Wytheville.  Our boys want to get the bad taste out of their mouth after last Friday and no better way than to get a win over GW.  Last year proved we can play with them. Rebel faithful has circled this one for a year.  I think it will be a classic one.  Go Rebels.

I think the Canes offensive line wore you guys down so I wouldn't complain about the 2 calls that you are mentioning.You guys have a good team Marion just hit you guys in the mouth in the second half. GW wins this game big 

Glad to see that the PH fans stand behind the team. Too many times on here when a team has a great start certain fans turn on them. Canes00 I think you could be correct as the line play was crucial  as was the late hit with Marion up 27-20, either way one call does not change the outcome and Marion was the better team. It should be a tough chore for PH to go to GW and get a win but crazier things has happened.

I think the Canes offensive line wore you guys down so I wouldn't complain about the 2 calls that you are mentioning.You guys have a good team Marion just hit you guys in the mouth in the second half. GW wins this game big 

Don't worry, it is only a few weeks away until you find out if you are physical versus Abingdon's defensive line.  

First off I'm not taking anything away from PH they are a good team. With the best player in 1A imo. But last year GW had 7 starters out or in positions they hadn't played all year. Yes the game was close and yes Dakota ran all over us. But this is a different beast this season. More speed, size and depth with an extra year of experience. Has PH gotten better yes no doubt but so has GW. We just embarrassed a 6-1 Chilhowie with no effort. Now that doesn't mean PH is Chilhowie but they are not GW. I think we put up at least 42.

You keep thinking that lol just like that prediction of Chilhowie-12 GW-8 in OT. How did that work out? Win something that's not against a team who couldnt beat most jv teams and we will talk.

Hey folks, is this 02GW12 poster just an axx hole, or am I miss reading him completely?

How am I in any way being an axx hole? Is saying a team is good and has the best player in 1A being an axx hole? I gave my opinion on how I think the game will go. And gave facts from last year's game and how this season is going.

Master shaster,  it is one thing to be a fan, but a whole totally different one to be an arrogant one.  Yes, George Wythe has a quality team this year and we do have high expectations.  But this team does not have to be the best team in the state each week.  No, we just have to be the best team that day. We are all about getting better and enjoying the process.  The talk that you put on the two boards is really atrocious.  Do you realize that we've only had 2 JV games this year?  No one has had the numbers to play us.  So on the other board when you are talking about quarters, you have no clue of what is going on.  Again, you don't represent George Wythe Football.  Get your facts first before you speak.  George Wythe will go on with or without you.  

Haha you really don't read do you in not the one who brought up jv quaters. I actually said on the other board I had no idea what was allowed and what wasn't. I also don't think I've said GW is the best team each week. But against everyone we've played so far minus Galax we have been the better team. Have any of my predictions been off base? I do believe GW has been destroying the competition. As I've said they would. You and others take issue with my posts cause they aren't all fuzzy and warm twords our opponents. This is football not a beauty pageant the world isn't a "SAFE SPACE". Sorry not sorry for believing in our team and saying I think they will win big. And btw they have won big all year and will probably continue to until week 3 of the playoffs. Really please go back and see who brought up jv quaters. I only said we had some jv kids in the game and we did nothing more. And hell it might have been you who said people get mad when we don't put them in. If we do its wrong if we don't we are running it up. This is FOOTBALL if you don't want the score ran up try stopping out varsity or jv.

And Respect, Love and Passion are all I have for GW. I've given blood time money ect to that team just as many other fans have. You probably have to if so I thank you. Some call it arrogance I call it being extremely confident in GW. You know 20 consecutive winning seasons will do that. Winning 35 district games in a row will do that. How about this stop getting pissy because give my honest opinion each week. Not once have I said anything I didn't believe to be true. Question to you have you once this season thought GW was going to get beat going into any particular week? And to your comment of GW doesn't have to be the best in the state. I don't think they are right now I think that title belongs to RH. GW imo is probably 2 or 3 right now. Like me hate me I really couldn't care any less. GW fans have never been a consolidated unit. One half hates the other half. The fans like me are looked at as axx holes. And ones like you are look at as pandering nose lookers. Meaning other fan bases look at me and see the stereotypical arrogant GW fan. And they see your type as you have a closeted opinion of other teams you just won't say it. Out of fear of being cast in a negative light. In the end they are just opinions nothing more are playing days are over. The kids will do the talking on Fridays and we will watch.

The fans like me are looked at as axx holes. And ones like you are look at as pandering nose lookers. Meaning other fan bases look at me and see the stereotypical arrogant GW fan. And they see your type as you have a closeted opinion of other teams you just won't say it. Out of fear of being cast in a negative light.

Not getting into a debate with you, but you couldn't be more wrong about this.

I've had my share of arguments on this and other forums over the years, but in the end, I think you'll find if you respect others, their kids, and their communities, you'll get that in return. At least I have, and I am grateful for it.