FB Score UPDATES Week 8

Dick_Vitale

Feels like John Luke was looking one of two ways tonight. Either the defenses way or Howies and neither was good. Why run in two minute drill when you gotta score? Lotta questionable stuff both ways.

Because AHS was dropping 7 and daring us to throw the ball. They doubled Howie and Ball with fracker coverages and played everyone else in a zone and it worked. Hats off to Abingdon. Richlands still in play for the 2 seed if Appo drops one to Amherst.

Disappointed, yes.  I am hoping the Blues can learn from this game the way the Falcons learned from their loss to Graham and Graham from their loss to the Blues.  The Blues had opportunities to score and take it to overtime, couldn't do it.    Abingdon had a great game plan on defense and executed it well against the Blues.   Thought the offense would be the star tonight for both teams, but  turned out it was the defense. 

I super impressed with Abingdons defensive game plan, and the execution of it. I picked AHS in the pick'em because there was no money involved. Had there been money involved I would've bet on Richlands. I've been saying all year that our backend was going to get burned by Richlands. Then I recently decided that if AHS can develop enough of a run game to keep RHS offense on the sidelines then we have a chance. That's what they did through the first three quarters. You Richlands guys please correct me if I'm wrong, but it also seemed like the passing game for you guys has to happen between the 20's. Your guys are dynamic big play guys and when Howie and company are restricted by the back of the end zone things seem to tighten up. We had that early pick by Willis and that helped the defense gain some confidence in the plan. I think Richlands has more overall team speed but the game plan tonight snuffed that. I still can't stand that pooch kickoff Reed does..but because they don't coach kickoff coverage they try and get it as high as they can to allow coverage to converge. But still, we give up massive field position. That kid can kick it to the 5 pretty consistently but he inevitably out kicks the coverage when he does. I just wish theyd coach that better. Any way, best game I've watched all year. I feel certain Richlands will go very far in the playoffs and I wish you guys all the best. Oh yeah, Asbury can sure spin it, no doubt, but he seemed to really telegraph his passes tonight. Has that been something you all have noticed before?

Went to the Abingdon - Richlands  game, and we were wondering about those pooch kickoffs. Thanks for explaining that. We couldn't understand why they were willing to concede Richlands great field position. Great game though. This was our 14th game we've been to this year, and the first one that wasn't a blowout, or at least over halfway through the 4th quarter.