Narrows at Graham.

futbolking

Are the Gmen for real? Haven't seen them this year...

Very real.... Most team speed they have ever had. Still a relatively young team. Lots of Juniors and sophomores with significant playing time. We will see how they can handle a big game. Choked against Richland's first time around....but responded well against very good teams in Giles, Galax and Abingdon.

Well, they shouldn't carry a gun to shoot themselves.  However, they appear to be the best GHS team since 2005 even though the competition is weaker.  But, the competition is at a level commensurate to school enrollment, finally.  Think about the many years when Graham had the talent to win championships at Singe A, where their enrollment entitled them to.  Of course, the Gmen have always enjoyed playing the best competition they could.

Richland's. Galax, Abingdon and Giles stack up pretty well against anybody who they have played in the past. I've been watching Graham for over 40 years... Those are some pretty solid opponents.. They are not Salem of 89 and 90...or Elizabethton of the early 2000s....but are very solid opponents... Not a weak schedule at all...

When Graham used to play in D-3.,,,I thought single A D-2 had many more quality teams. This season 2A looks better than 3A and most of 4A

Richland's. Galax, Abingdon and Giles stack up pretty well against anybody who they have played in the past. I've been watching Graham for over 40 years... Those are some pretty solid opponents.. They are not Salem of 89 and 90...or Elizabethton of the early 2000s....but are very solid opponents... Not a weak schedule at all...

When Graham used to play in D-3.,,,I thought single A D-2 had many more quality teams. This season 2A looks better than 3A and most of 4A

I believe you are correct about 2A being stronger than much of 3A and 4A.

more speed than Ahmad,and reed?

2001 also had H.T. Mathews and Paco Jones...

2001 probably had more physicality.. Especially on the line. Those dudes were fast... and hard nosed.. None of them had the speed of Cooke. This years team has Cousin, Cooke, Allen, Reed, Cooper, Meade, Chinault. Ballard... All with good speed. Any of those guys can take it to the house on any play. Not as physically tough. Except for Cousin... But the question was about speed. I have seen in person all but one of Graham's games this season....and all but 2 in 2001..,,I can say without a dihbt that this years team has more team speed and that Cooke is the fastest kid I have ever seen play for Graham in over 40 years of watching them play.

Are they as good as 2001? I guess we are about to find out. 2001 was more physical on the line for sure.

more speed than Ahmad,and reed?

All I know is that Ahmad was .3 seconds faster than I was in the 40, and I got to see what that looked like on full display against Graham my sophomore year. Summation: .3 seconds is a lot.

An atomic clock.. Good lord you can just watch the kid blister everybody on the field and know...

His speed alone has gotten him noticed by several schools...good enough for me...

Anybody with functioning eyeballs can see it .

Its my opinion...that's all..I'm not going to go out and set up laser timers to prove it. I'll take the NFL combine and the scouts at the camps word for it.

If your eyeballs can time players from a decade apart, then in the words of Jed Clampett, "you've got good eyes, boy."

I didn't time either one of them.. Call the folks at the NFL and at camp and ask them if they used lasers. I could care less what you think about my opinion. Nobody at Graham has ever been timed below 4.5 by an official at a recruiting camp except Cooke...using a stopwatch.. laser..or their eyeballs..

Say hi to Jethro.

I didn't time either one of them.. Call the folks at the NFL and at camp and ask them if they used lasers. I could care less what you think about my opinion. Nobody at Graham has ever been timed below 4.5 by an official at a recruiting camp except Cooke...using a stopwatch.. laser..or their eyeballs...

Fair enough.

Say hi to Jethro.

Wish I could. I miss that show.

I didn't time either one of them.. Call the folks at the NFL and at camp and ask them if they used lasers. I could care less what you think about my opinion. Nobody at Graham has ever been timed below 4.5 by an official at a recruiting camp except Cooke...using a stopwatch.. laser..or their eyeballs..

Say hi to Jethro.

I heard Billy roach could've beat Chris Johnson in a foot race

Fastest I ever seen Bradshaw post in the 40 was 4.52... Cooke ran a 4.47 at camp..

Bradshaw had great lateral movement.. Ran 2nd fastest shuttle time at combine his draft year.

Fair enough, but he sure played faster than that. Part of it was, once he got his momentum and up to full speed (which was very quick), there was little you could do to catch up. I remember putting on the "burners" and him just pulling away further. Didn't have many players do that to me, though if they wanted to run right over me...