Richlands vs Sullivan South Rebels

tbgfan

Yes. Richlands hitting a lot of wide open 3's. South is just pitiful. None of these teams here are a good measuring stick for Richlands.

I believe Honaker was a true test. The only reason the Blues won was due to Anderson's foul trouble and eventually fouling out. It's like the offials were targeting him.

I believe Honaker was a true test. The only reason the Blues won was due to Anderson's foul trouble and eventually fouling out. It's like the offials were targeting him.

Richlands dominated the game-Honaker shot better than I've ever seen them and still lost. Honaker kids are tough minded and refused to quit...can't help but be impressed with their pride, but Richlands 20 points better talent wise.

PG shot better than normal, but Honaker can shot the basketball.  Richlands was bigger and stronger at about ever position.  When Alec was out Honaker had no one protecting the drive.  But i think Anderson earned those fouls.    I agree with the heart of those Honaker kids... great effort.  

BS...these kids are used to running hoops games all day, they aren't tired from playing three games in four days.

4 games in 4 days coming straight off of a state title game. They've been going 6 days a week for 3 months, had 1 day off (Sunday) and then two practices and 4 games in 4 days. They are tired. Phillips knows it, too. The home Grundy game for Monday has been rescheduled for Janurary to give them a break since they play Tuesday as well.

4 games in 4 days coming straight off of a state title game. They've been going 6 days a week for 3 months, had 1 day off (Sunday) and then two practices and 4 games in 4 days. They are tired. Phillips knows it, too. The home Grundy game for Monday has been rescheduled for Janurary to give them a break since they play Tuesday as well.

Since this will be Happy Valley's 4th game in 4 days as well, both are equally as "tired"...

I am with Gman... Outside of three kids, the other kids should be in shape. Hell one would argue even though football shape is different that the football kids shuld be in shape too. Regardless, the way Fred subs, no one should be that tired. Moir has played some minutes but not significant, Horn is the same maybe a few more min than Moir, and Scotty Ball has played the most. I can see how Scotty might be winded but it is still an excuse.

The thing I cannot get my mind past with this "good" team is they have let two teams make runs in the 3rd quarter. Good teams do not do that and you cnnot play the experience card. Most of these kids playing are holdback 19 year olds. Tough pill to swallow if you are a Blues fan.

They let South back in last night. And South is pitiful. There wasn't a "WOW" factor about Richlands either. But they were certainly the better team at VHS this week.

and I agree, you can't make excuses about being tired when the other teams are playing the same amount of games in the same amount of days. Ball should be the only one who is wore out, but he's not. He makes the most happen on the court from what I seen.

They let South back in last night. And South is pitiful. There wasn't a "WOW" factor about Richlands either.

and I agree, you can't make excuses about being tired when the other teams are playing the same amount of games in the same amount of days. Ball should be the only one who is wore out, but he's not. He makes the most happen on the court from what I seen.

From the few times I have seen him play, Ball is one of those rare breed athletes that could be good at anything he does. Anyone know is he is getting looked at by colleges?

Also, they definitely screwed the pooch on South in the 3rd as they did with Honaker. Good teams do not do that and the Richlands guys have had 75+ games under their belt to learn in the past 3 years.