Questions for Falconman

Falconman

Questions for FALCONMAN

It has been some time since I’ve looked at this board.  I am amazed of all the private messages asking where I was and wanted some updates.  The simple “I Miss You” made me tear up a bit - not going to lie.   I feel the love and have decided to start a new segment called “Questions for Falconman.”

Question 1 –“ Falconman,  Where are you?  How are your Falcons.”

I am still in the best town in Virginia, Abingdon.  My Falcons are just fine.  We went down to Tenn. High the other night and showed them we can play.  I love our scheme and think Randy will keep us on top.  I thought we looked better in the spread than in the wing. 

Question 2 – “Do you have any family members playing for the Falcons?”

My cousin is playing for the middle school team. He is fast, athletic, and brings a load when needed.  Let me just say, there isn’t a middle school team in this area that can play with these Falcons.  Undefeated – is an understatement for a prediction for their season.  Don’t give me that Reechlands crap of they could play with us.  Let’s be honest, you guys dropped my Falcons because you got tired of being dominated.  When it comes to foxing, Randy outfoxed Mance and YOU dropped us! #proofisinthepudding

Question 3 – “What do you think about the election, the new President, the Protest ?”

Again, it has been awhile since I’ve signed on this board.  Two words describe my thinking about the election and our current status – DISENCHANTED, BROKEN!

I’ve said it for years on this board - the insensitive views of so many people will come back to haunt us.  We need some form of a national program of sensitive training in this country (make it mandatory when getting or renewing a driver’s license)  to allow for alternate views to be expressed.  I agree with what Elizabeth Warren said in her book A Fighting Chance -  “Most white people need to reform.”  I know what it is like to feel bias. Anytime we traveled following the Falcons, Southy and I were ridiculed for wearing our “Fear the Beak” shirts, our multi-colored string necklace (supporting the LBGTQ community), and khaki shorts.  People would boo us and bully us.  That’s not being open minded.   That’s just being an ugly bully and it still upsets me.

Question 4 – “What is you take on the whole confederate thing?”

I support our courageous governor on this.  Any monument or symbol, which promotes separation, needs to go.  I ask you, how can we name some schools after confederate generals?  As a white guy, I am ashamed.  I can only imagine if I was a minority.  It’s time for those schools to change their name.  In the words of Lebron  - “Rise Above the Hate!”  One of my sister’s kids ask me why I don’t want to watch DVD’s of the Dukes of Hazzard – I simply said “because of the Rebel Flag.” It offends me.  There’s no place for it in our society anymore.  I’ve heard that some schools still have it up on their flag pole.  Shame on you!  I hope you realize the bigotry you are promoting.

To all of my supporters – I love you and appreciate you.

To all my haters – I pray for you and hope you get educated on these issues during this critical time.  I hope the next generation doesn’t follow in your footsteps.  We need to be sensitive to ALL.

Until next time . . . . . . .  GO FALCONS!

Oh my he is back.  Falcongirl when did it become popular to down the confederate history in this country?  The rebel flag is about heritage and not about hate.  Been saying this for years.  I guess you and your "life partner" Southdrill dont understand this simple truth.  I do have to admit you made me laugh and then at the end a little mad.  I am glad you are back.  This board has been boring without you.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

My question is:  Save Mary's Meadows? or Play Ball on Mary's Meadows?

Probably only people in Crap-ingdon or us Food City folk would understand this question.

Can we please not bring politics to this forum.  Lets talk football.  I've only been waiting 8 months to get back to talking football and it's much needed relief.