Union at Letcher Central

trumpet1988

36 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I'm with you on another TN team can't remember many problems with the officiating.  I'm sure Travis was expecting to get some good power points from them but it hasn't worked out.  Maybe get Sullivan North back until they close.

Id honestly rather see a game against Thomas Walker or Eastside. Letcher doesn't give us great power points, so it's not worth the hassle. I'd love to see North being back for time being, VA High? That's a game that makes sense. There has to be some team between BSG and Johnson City that needs a game. 

I can live live with home cooking reffing wise, it happens to a much lesser extent everywhere. It's just not a great situation game. And agreed on TN refs. They seem to keep better control of a game. VA refs do a good job most of the time too. I don't wanna bash refs as a whole, most are good dudes doing a TOUGH job. But a lot of the games betweeen VA and KY teams are questionable often. 

The KY officiating is horrible. I went to the first PV - Breathitt game in Jackson. I have a buddy who played for Belfry in the early 90's who told me that PV would need to be at least 2 TD better to get a win over there, and he was right. I'd rather pick up a game against a North Carolina team than head into KY again, or at least some upper ET teams like East, Boone, Betsy, etc.

56 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

The KY officiating is horrible. I went to the first PV - Breathitt game in Jackson. I have a buddy who played for Belfry in the early 90's who told me that PV would need to be at least 2 TD better to get a win over there, and he was right. I'd rather pick up a game against a North Carolina team than head into KY again, or at least some upper ET teams like East, Boone, Betsy, etc.

It's a testament to the VA officials that they never retaliate or do the same when KY teams play in VA. 

20 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I can't wait for this series to be over. Union gains nothing, and there's huge risks. Always dirty play, poorly officiated over there, etc..

Schedule a TN team or another VA team, no more KY teams. 

I wouldn't say you get nothing from it... 3A power points for beating them always helps.

Haysi stole playoff berths, including a #1 seed one of those years, in 2005 and 2006 because they scheduled them in their first two years of existence and beat them.

6 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I wouldn't say you get nothing from it... 3A power points for beating them always helps.

Haysi stole playoff berths, including a #1 seed one of those years, in 2005 and 2006 because they scheduled them in their first two years of existence and beat them.

I don't know the math right off, is beating a 3-win 3A school more points than a 6-7 win 2A school? It's hard to find consistent good teams around here, but damn if Letcher isn't a rough trip even when it shouldn't be competitive. 

10 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I don't know the math right off, is beating a 3-win 3A school more points than a 6-7 win 2A school? It's hard to find consistent good teams around here, but damn if Letcher isn't a rough trip even when it shouldn't be competitive. 

Not sure either on the points but even if they were 6A it doesn't help much when they're  1-9 or 2-8.  When we picked them up it seemed like a good decision but they've gradually gotten worse.

You probably don't want Sullivan North after this season they will be lucky to win a game the next two years before they close. All the Sullivan County schools are down, even DB and Tennessee High.

4 minutes ago, SXSW said:

You probably don't want Sullivan North after this season they will be lucky to win a game the next two years before they close. All the Sullivan County schools are down, even DB and Tennessee High.

Still better than dealing with 2-8 or 3-7 Letcher and KY. officials

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

Anyone wanna bet on the over/under for penalty yards.  Vegas has it at 12 penalties and 125 yards.  I'll take the over.

Total?? Wwaayy over. Union will have 10+ themselves. I can guarantee Stidham gets at least one 15 yarder, that's set in stone hah. One of the LC boys will say something or do somethinf and he will knock the shit out of them. 

Edit-thats not a LC-related statement. Jeb does that against everyone lol. I love him to death, and I don't believe he is dirty by any means, but he has a mean streak at times. It's part of what makes him so dominant. 

57 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I wasn't able to go so thanks to Trumpet for radio feed, but Union needs to fix the secondary. The offense, running the ball, is absolutely rolling right now but some big plays kept LCC in game early. 

I agree we lack 2 people on D to make it complete. Granted, their QB had a pretty darn good arm and could sling it. 

Several things went bad for Union, Owens did not play(????) he would have made a difference on D , and would have made a diff on O. Bailey Turner getting the news of being lost for the season effected the whole team (little flat). Travis has some good options at QB , all looked good but for passing , it's Qualls hands down , problem is you loose something on D , even if he goes both ways . Mitchell had a great night but the O needs him at receiver. The other Qb seemed to get into the flow of the game 2nd half. 

The refs ....nothing needs to be said , we ALL SEEN IT , Stevie Wonder could have done a better job

4 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Several things went bad for Union, Owens did not play(????) he would have made a difference on D , and would have made a diff on O. Bailey Turner getting the news of being lost for the season effected the whole team (little flat). Travis has some good options at QB , all looked good but for passing , it's Qualls hands down , problem is you loose something on D , even if he goes both ways . Mitchell had a great night but the O needs him at receiver. The other Qb seemed to get into the flow of the game 2nd half. 

The refs ....nothing needs to be said , we ALL SEEN IT , Stevie Wonder could have done a better job

Owen's has a pulled calf muscle is what I overheard a parent say last night. I can agree that Bailey getting hurt they may have held their heads a bit. Dameia is just a sophmore if I remember correctly, so he will only get better. 

As far as the refs, I clearly seen one pass bounce off the turf into a diving receivers arms and was called a catch. 

Anyone have a box score? Curious to see how many yards Mitchell had on the ground