Morristown West @Union

Union_Fan

5 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I just read that article and came here to discuss it, lol. The main things that caught my eye are that they are focused on the T and may be underestimating the atmosphere a bit. 

The article mentions the "Wing T" which is a different offense from what Union actually runs. That may just be a typo. It also mentions our home winning streak dating back to 2011, and the record of our opponents. Both of which are wrong. However, if their coach actually believes all of the complimentary things he says about the Bears then that could be a good sign that he's worried. And like someone else mentioned, along with the Prep Picks crew on WCYB, I think they will be a little surprised by the atmosphere. I don't know if it will be enough to rattle a victory from them or not, but it will help.

Bears have a tall task ahead of them tonight, but one thing has been consistent with them, and that's the ability to "play up" to good competition.

Union 24
MW 21

12 hours ago, GoBearsGo said:

Biggest thing that stood out to me about that article was how the MW coach talked about Lester. I thinking he’s looking at the wrong player. Not knocking him by any means but Lester is no threat all when he’s in the game. He’s just too inexperienced and undersized.   

I was told Lester is on crutches this week by my daughter?????dont know for sure, but it sounds like we are running out of QBs ....Qualls gets his shot

Ouch! I hate to see injuries ruin the season for these kids who have worked for months and years to get the opportunity to be in the spotlight but injuries are part of the game.

I had not heard that Lester was hurt. It must’ve happened in practice or maybe in a JV game. I don’t understand why if we were serious about him playing some quarterback we would have him playing in JV games. I still say Qualls is our best option with Mitchell in the wildcat occasionally. I think tonight’s game will help us come playoff time.

19 minutes ago, GoBearsGo said:

I had not heard that Lester was hurt. It must’ve happened in practice or maybe in a JV game. I don’t understand why if we were serious about him playing some quarterback we would have him playing in JV games. I still say Qualls is our best option with Mitchell in the wildcat occasionally. I think tonight’s game will help us come playoff time.

It happened in the JV game against DB

Good win for the bears. Take away 20 fumbles and the score should have been 28-0 at the half. I missed it bad saying 42-14 MW I ate my crow at the game haha. I still don't trust our secondary although Qualls really impresses me and Mitchelle  as well. I noticed a few changes in secondary and i liked it. Was not impressed at all with MW and think many SWVA teams could roll them. Last thing I hope the two kids that were injured are ok. 

I was totally wrong. Union controlled LOS on both sides of the ball and was able to run the ball at will.

If the MW QB doesn't go down early on first play it's closer, but if Union doesn't tun it over six times (yes, six times) it's an easy win for Bears.

Just now, Unionguy_2017 said:

I'd love to know how many total fumbles Union had tonight. The defense was absolutely lights out, including the secondary (outside of about 2 plays). The offense played really well against a speedy and big MW defense. Very impressive 

IIRC, six lost and at least eight total. Poor Jenkins had four himself.

1 minute ago, sup_rbeast said:

Union's front 7 on D won that game...dominated every quarter.

Every week that front 7 impresses me a little more.  I think we had a stretch in the 2nd quarter were we got 5 sacks on 6 plays.  I'm also happy that we attempted a few deep passes to back the D off a little.