Bluefield vs Richlands

tornado99

On 9/25/2017 at 9:09 PM, Onceadog said:

I think Mookie and Truck are too much. It'll be a shootout... but those two are gonna be the difference. Richlands is a very good team but I just don't think they have the athletes to make a play like they've had in past years. With maybe an exception or two... I think Mookie is the best two way player in the area. I see it being a 31-21 or 35-21 Bluefield win. 

The only way I see Richlands winning is scoring early and making Bluefield throw the ball.. which I'm not sure they can do. 

Bluefield can't throw the ball that's true. Richlands had a hard time throwing & rushing tonight. 

On 9/26/2017 at 9:09 AM, stu_bean said:

The RB tandem I saw is the best I have seen in a long time.  Mookie is very shifty and able to make cuts and weave in and out through traffic.  The other, let's just say there is a reason he is called Truck.  More like a Mack truck running through and over players.  I know we didn't have size against them but still impressive.  Hard to get a deep ball on them but crossing and simple out routes seem to be there all night.  They don't hold the line as well as others I have seen.  I just don't see Richlands with their lack of offense being able to keep up in this one.  Look for turnovers to be the key in this one.  Bluefield by 14

You nailed it! 

On 9/26/2017 at 1:20 PM, EH31 said:

I think Bluefield is the better team but I think Bluefields play calling will play right into Richlands' strengths. 

They'll have a good shot if they stack the box, don't let Mookie get outside, & force Cooper to throw a lot. 

I'd give BHS the edge at home, something like 31-21.

Bluefield's play resulted in one of Richlands  TDs.

Congrats to Bluefield tonight!! Richlands should've stayed in the power I formation and controlled the clock and just marched it down the field! #3 for Richlands showed up big time tonight he just needs another big RB to help him carry the load and Richlands has a chance to turn things around but they are not a passing team this year no matter how much Mance wants it to be their not! Chip off 5 to 15 yard passes to your receivers #'s 23, 21, 11 & 1 and get you a big physical TE like #37 and use him in the red zone or short yardage just throw it up to him and let him go get it I don't think no one can out muscle him and again use #44 at RB it'll change the game up and Richlands just might win out and make that run for state again!! And also switch #2 with #6 and use #2 at RB also! Three good hard RB switching in and out pounding it down the field with Richlands line as big as they are who in there division can stop that force! 

8 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Bluefield can't throw the ball that's true. Richlands had a hard time throwing & rushing tonight. 

Cooper looks pretty good throwing downfield.  Mookie dropped one that hit his hands would have been a TD and the other one that went to Mookie he caught in the third quarter for a 51 yard TD.  Both throws were very good and right where they needed to be.

On 9/30/2017 at 9:54 AM, bhs7695 said:

Cooper looks pretty good throwing downfield.  Mookie dropped one that hit his hands would have been a TD and the other one that went to Mookie he caught in the third quarter for a 51 yard TD.  Both throws were very good and right where they needed to be.

Penalties robbed Beaver of at least an additional TD. They definitely had a much better throwing game than Richlands did. I'm not sure but I'd say Brown had nearly as much rushing as anyone on Richlands' offense. They might want to move him to running back & put Moir in for QB. Mookie is a special talent. 

On 9/30/2017 at 3:27 AM, BlackWolf5 said:

Congrats to Bluefield tonight!! Richlands should've stayed in the power I formation and controlled the clock and just marched it down the field! #3 for Richlands showed up big time tonight he just needs another big RB to help him carry the load and Richlands has a chance to turn things around but they are not a passing team this year no matter how much Mance wants it to be their not! Chip off 5 to 15 yard passes to your receivers #'s 23, 21, 11 & 1 and get you a big physical TE like #37 and use him in the red zone or short yardage just throw it up to him and let him go get it I don't think no one can out muscle him and again use #44 at RB it'll change the game up and Richlands just might win out and make that run for state again!! And also switch #2 with #6 and use #2 at RB also! Three good hard RB switching in and out pounding it down the field with Richlands line as big as they are who in there division can stop that force! 

I recall myself making a statement on this board before the first regular season game started that Brown would not be QB by the end of the year and everyone laughed at me. I'll leave it at that. 

You was correct cause he's diffently not a QB maybe a RB but Richlands will lose some more games if there's not some changes in players!! Tazewell for one.. you know there coach is planning on stopping Booker and than what will Richlands do! It'll be a sad day in Richlands if they get beat by the dawgs!!! This would be the game I would try my other players but I'm not the coach just watching the blues blow a good season cause a coach has to much pride to changes things up!!