Bears @ Wal-Mart Warriors

CriticalNoise

Just now, CriticalNoise said:

No, just because their seating is the worst in this area. I'd hate to have to sit at that field every home game

https://www.amazon.com/Smiley-Stickers-Yellow-Labels-Teachers/dp/B074N9ZXNH/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1507839162&sr=8-2&keywords=roll+of+walmart+stickers

6 hours ago, sup_rbeast said:

Just for reference: Since 1980 (37 years) Kelly/Central has won exactly 12 out of 68 meetings with PV/Appy/Union. They were a stellar 3-27-1 vs PV, a remarkable 8-23 vs Appy, and own an outstanding 1-5 mark vs Union.  Rivalry? Not exactly. haha

Weird idea but there are more sports than football. Just as you Vikings hung your hats on football, JJK hung theirs on baseball and arguably girls basketball. Seems like Central has been doing a fair job at girls basketball don't ya think?

2 minutes ago, Dick_Vitale said:

Weird idea but there are more sports than football. Just as you Vikings hung your hats on football, JJK hung theirs on baseball and arguably girls basketball. Seems like Central has been doing a fair job at girls basketball don't ya think?

Considering this forum on SWVA Sports is a football forum  

We know Central is better than Union at certain sports. Just like Central ought to know Union is better than them at certain sports, particularly football. 

16 minutes ago, trumpet1988 said:

Considering this forum on SWVA Sports is a football forum  

We know Central is better than Union at certain sports. Just like Central ought to know Union is better than them at certain sports, particularly football. 

Merely talking football, Central-Union is not a rivalry. Union traditionally romps Central. But Rivalries tend to spill over into other sports DJ... 

Cant tell me the Duke-UNC mens soccer game is not just cut throat as the mens basketball game. Same goes for Central-Union. Union just dominates the sport. 

37 minutes ago, Dick_Vitale said:

Merely talking football, Central-Union is not a rivalry. Union traditionally romps Central. But Rivalries tend to spill over into other sports DJ... 

Cant tell me the Duke-UNC mens soccer game is not just cut throat as the mens basketball game. Same goes for Central-Union. Union just dominates the sport. 

First, I do not know you and I do not know how you “know” me so the name bit makes me a little uneasy.

And I think everyone is trying to say that in football, this is not really a rivalry. So I am not exactly sure which point you are trying to make. 

1 hour ago, Dick_Vitale said:

That may be true, but this is a football forum...there are forums on here for other sports, but much like it is in the region, those don’t seem to get as much attention as this one. Mumbley Peg could be competitive, I reckon...but very few would give a damn who the Mumbley Peg Champion was.

1 minute ago, sup_rbeast said:

That may be true, but this is a football forum...there are forums on here for other sports, but much like it is in the region, those don’t seem to get as much attention as this one.

Much like what I just said. 

8 minutes ago, trumpet1988 said:

First, I do not know you and I do not know how you “know” me so the name bit makes me a little uneasy.

And I think everyone is trying to say that in football, this is not really a rivalry. So I am not exactly sure which point you are trying to make. 

I am not detesting that. I was discussing rivalry between the two schools and you assumed since this is a football forum I was only talking that Union-Central has a football rivalry which is not true. 

I have been around on forums for years... since the black and green days of the old LPD forum. 

1 minute ago, sup_rbeast said:

That may be true, but this is a football forum...there are forums on here for other sports, but much like it is in the region, those don’t seem to get as much attention as this one.

LOL. excuse me then. A rivalry is across several sports... Sorry to ruffle some feathers boys. 

Just now, Dick_Vitale said:

I am not detesting that. I was discussing rivalry between the two schools and you assumed since this is a football forum I was only talking that Union-Central has a football rivalry which is not true. 

I have been around on forums for years... since the black and green days of the old LPD forum. 

LOL. excuse me then. A rivalry is across several sports... Sorry to ruffle some feathers boys. 

Not ruffling feathers, just irrelevant to the discussion. I can’t debate basketball because I’ve been to exactly 3 b-ball games in my entire life. But, you won’t see me on the basketball forum talking football, either. I hear it gets lonely over there, though.

Just now, sup_rbeast said:

Not ruffling feathers, just irrelevant to the discussion. I can’t debate basketball because I’ve been to exactly 3 b-ball games in my entire life. But, you won’t see me on the basketball forum talking football, either. I hear it gets lonely over there, though.

Not as much traffic. Tough to discuss a rivalry when you just keep it to one sports don't you think?

9 hours ago, trumpet1988 said:

Wow. That was an incredibly STUPID rap song. I am not lumping all Central fans together but that is what makes people hate them. And after that stunt they may have provided extra motivation.

Union may not go all the way this year because of teams like Appomattox. Goochland seems to be on fire too. There are simply some better teams. 

I wouldn’t count Graham out. 

Union will not go all the way because Mitchell can't do it all by himeslf with a lack of QB. Union absouletly will outplay folks in this region due to depth and talent,but they will stumble upstate. I'D LOVE to be wrong about this,but I won't be

2 minutes ago, Dick_Vitale said:

Not as much traffic. Tough to discuss a rivalry when you just keep it to one sports don't you think?

It’s tough to discuss a rivalry when one side only wins a game every 11 years or so...Wise has not been a rivalry for the teams in the western end of the county in football for nearly 4 decades...and that’s the only sport many folks even keep up with. I’m sure they have a fine debate team as well in Wise. It’s just that one game per year when the loudmouths get shut up.

2 minutes ago, Unchained said:

Union will not go all the way because Mitchell can't do it all by himeslf with a lack of QB. Union absouletly will outplay folks in this region due to depth and talent,but they will stumble upstate. I'D LOVE to be wrong about this,but I won't be

I just said that minus the part about Mitchell. 

Just now, sup_rbeast said:

It’s tough to discuss a rivalry when one side only wins a game every 11 years or so...Wise has not been a rivalry for the teams in the western end of the county in nearly 4 decades. It’s just that one game per year when the loudmouths get shut up.

I can agree with that in football... JJK/Central has notoriously been terrible at football. Nothing new there. 

52 minutes ago, sup_rbeast said:

It’s tough to discuss a rivalry when one side only wins a game every 11 years or so...Wise has not been a rivalry for the teams in the western end of the county in nearly 4 decades. It’s just that one game per year when the loudmouths get shut up.

If there are any adult Central fans yapping they are either A stupid of B have not seen the Central starters in dress clothes on the sideline. My only question this weekend is who wins by more Union or Alabama when the play UT:). NOTE: post edited because somebody got offended by my use of verbage (ah AMERICA 2017 the land of pansies and easily offended)

From a central perspective the problems there won't be solved until there is a culture change within schools and community. That hasn't happened historically and I don't look for it to happen in the neat future. You have combined two programs with zero continuity within the coaching ranks. Pound/jjk had a huge turnover in their respective 60 years of existence. Look at how many coaches pv/appy have had. It makes a huge difference. The political climate makes that an almost impossibility. The cultural issues are prevalent in this season alone. There's a difference between being "hurt" and being "injured". Football is a contact sport and you're gonna have some pain. At central, a hang nail gets you a week off. Until the parents stop coddling their kids and stop making excuses for them all the time, your gonna have 2-8 seasons with a few 7-4s thrown in there when athleticism is there. I don't see it changing, sadly.

6 minutes ago, Unchained said:

If there are any adult Central fans yapping they are either A retarded of B have not seen the Central starters in dress clothes on the sideline. My only question this weekend is who wins by more Union or Alabama

Honestly, I know I’ll be in the minority saying this, but I don’t think the score will be too lopsided. I think if Union starts really putting points on the board, Turner will be classy and call off the dogs early. No sense in losing players over bad blood in a game that is decided.

2 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

From a central perspective the problems there won't be solved until there is a culture change within schools and community. That hasn't happened historically and I don't look for it to happen in the neat future. You have combined two programs with zero continuity within the coaching ranks. Pound/jjk had a huge turnover in their respective 60 years of existence. Look at how many coaches pv/appy have had. It makes a huge difference. The political climate makes that an almost impossibility. The cultural issues are prevalent in this season alone. There's a difference between being "hurt" and being "injured". Football is a contact sport and you're gonna have some pain. At central, a hang nail gets you a week off. Until the parents stop coddling their kids and stop making excuses for them all the time, your gonna have 2-8 seasons with a few 7-4s thrown in there when athleticism is there. I don't see it changing, sadly.

Great point.