Bears @ Wal-Mart Warriors

CriticalNoise

1 hour ago, Unchained said:

So many folks love to stereotype and that's human nature. I have heard so many folks refer to PV/Union folks over the years as the utmost of the arrogant (heard it about Wise too of course). I heard ALL the folks from Pound,Coeburn,Appy were redneck trash (of course another myth). I'll give you a great example of why we don't do this: Many years ago a JJK football  player killed himself. The team had a game at Gate City that Friday and when the GC announcer asked for a moment of silence for him. During this several GC fans were behind me mocking the JJK players for crying. I DID NOT group the entire GC fan base on a minor group of idiots. Bottom line is you are going to have good and bad folks no matter the community. Knowledge is power and stereotyping is a hallmark of ignorance. When JJK closed it's doors I lost all affection for high school in Wise. My kids went to Central,and I supported them while they were there. When they graduated I was glad to see them out of there. I live in Big Stone and like the place,but do indeed recognize that there's a slew of good folks I call friends who live in Wise, Gotta throw a shot in though. JJK had 24 state titles not counting the numerous individual ones in sports like wrestling,track...etc. PV ranked 2nd in the LPD with 16. I know folks here are FB crazy but titles are titles no matter the sport,and when I hear PV fans laughing about beating JJK in football,I laugh knowing that the diamond Indians instead of beating PV 1x a year like PV in fball,would beat the Vikes 2-3 x a year in baseball (even 4x on occasion:). Schools like PV and Appy were football schools no doubt,but JJK won state titles in football,baseball,basketball,wrestling,and tennis. That was indeed impressive:). Just had to take a jab at the PV folks talking about beating Wise in one sport (I could also argue that had the best athletes in the school not belonged to Mack Shupe and were encouraged to play football,fortunes may have been different on the reservation. I could only imagine the damage some of those baseball greats would have done on the gridiron

Not sure of your point but I was not grouping all of Central together based on a few unpleasant people or experiences. I was mentioning things I have seen and in spite of that, I would not trade my time with many Central folks for anything. The vast majority of them are fine people.

It takes only one incident among a minority of people to damage a group’s reputation. It doesn’t matter if it’s earned. It’s just the truth. 

I am certain that one or more people from Union deciding to be a jerk will give people a bad image of Union. 

Jerk or nice guy, you represent your group with your behavior. Whether it is your family or fan base. If something stands out (good or bad) then that is the image people have of you. 

Just now, trumpet1988 said:

Not sure of your point but I was not grouping all of Central together based on a few unpleasant people or experiences. I was mentioning things I have seen and in spite of that, I would not trade my time with many Central folks for anything. The vast majority of them are fine people.

It takes only one incident among a minority of people to damage a group’s reputation. It doesn’t matter if it’s earned. It’s just the truth. 

I am certain that one or more people from Union deciding to be a jerk will give people a bad image of Union. 

Jerk or nice guy, you represent your group with your behavior. Whether it is your family or fan base. If something stands out (good or bad) then that is the image people have of you. 

DJ that post was not to you or any other person individually. I have just heard so much yapping from 1 base about another I just made the point basically that folks in glass houses need to quit throwing stones:)

1 hour ago, Unchained said:

DJ that post was not to you or any other person individually. I have just heard so much yapping from 1 base about another I just made the point basically that folks in glass houses need to quit throwing stones:)

This isn't a glass house, every local school has issues. But, again, it's no coincidence that every school in the area has had issues with Wise Central. The antics of a few have given a lot of people bad tastes in their mouths. You remember how much people hated all things PV bc of Phil? Then you can imagine why so many schools have issues w WC.

36 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

This isn't a glass house, every local school has issues. But, again, it's no coincidence that every school in the area has had issues with Wise Central. The antics of a few have given a lot of people bad tastes in their mouths. You remember how much people hated all things PV bc of Phil? Then you can imagine why so many schools have issues w WC.

Do people have issue with WC outside of boys basketball? 

12 minutes ago, Dick_Vitale said:

Do people have issue with WC outside of boys basketball? 

Why did people hate PV outside of football? Boys basketball is the main reason I believe most people have sour tastes of wise, but some of the excuses from the football folk are pretty funny. Again, it's the perception (and occasionally, reality) that some from WC have a sense of superiority over other schools and the racial animosity at times between JJK/JIB haven't really helped the perception. 

Maybe it's all perception with zero basis in reality. Maybe.

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

Why did people hate PV outside of football? Boys basketball is the main reason I believe most people have sour tastes of wise, but some of the excuses from the football folk are pretty funny. Again, it's the perception (and occasionally, reality) that some from WC have a sense of superiority over other schools and the racial animosity at times between JJK/JIB haven't really helped the perception. 

Maybe it's all perception with zero basis in reality. Maybe.

I believe people didn't like PV so much overall because they beat the breaks off people in football. Other schools felt it was time to return the favor in other sports which did not happen often. (See JJK Baseball)

What a shame with the other things mentioned.

I know the girls bball program/girls tennis program is flourishing which I assumed added to the hatred fire. It seems like Robin always has his girls at the top of the district/conference year after year. 

2 minutes ago, Dick_Vitale said:

I believe people didn't like PV so much overall because they beat the breaks off people in football. Other schools felt it was time to return the favor in other sports which did not happen often. (See JJK Baseball)

What a shame with the other things mentioned.

I know the girls bball program/girls tennis program is flourishing which I assumed added to the hatred fire. It seems like Robin always has his girls at the top of the district/conference year after year. 

I never hear much venom towards the girls programs bc Dotson is so well respected. 

I always thought people viewed Phil as arrogant, which is likely true, and they hated PV bc they won and were (perception-wise) arrogant as well. In the case of WC boys basketball, it has more to do with the antics on the court (or sidelines).

I know this may not be much of a game with the Central QB out, so I hope that Union will use this opportunity to work on developing a QB and passing game. Out of 60+ kids on the team there has to be at least one that they trust to throw the ball.

Central will play without Dalton Mullins at QB/safety, Jarrett Jessee at RB/MLB, Keegan Jones Center/DL, Eli Stallard OL/LB, and Anthony Aslin OL/DL. I know every one has injuries that they have to deal with but that has gutted us. We will start 4 or 5 freshman  land a few sophomores on either side of the ball.

2 hours ago, jonah58 said:

Central will play without Dalton Mullins at QB/safety, Jarrett Jessee at RB/MLB, Keegan Jones Center/DL, Eli Stallard OL/LB, and Anthony Aslin OL/DL. I know every one has injuries that they have to deal with but that has gutted us. We will start 4 or 5 freshman  land a few sophomores on either side of the ball.

That's tough. Losing Mullins was enough, but you take out Jesse and that just puts the nail in the coffin. Let alone the other injuries

1 hour ago, Widespread_Panic said:

Union can name their score. Wise Central is only good at girl's basketball. Football, basketball, and baseball have been terrible since consolidation. 

The sad thing is there's plenty of talent coming up that held back and is playing JV. The question will be whether the coaching will be adequate to use it IMO

28 minutes ago, Unchained said:

The sad thing is there's plenty of talent coming up that held back and is playing JV. The question will be whether the coaching will be adequate to use it IMO

In boy's basketball and baseball the answer is definitely no. Both of those coaches have had enough time to build a winning program and it hasn't happened. I thought Owens was the answer in football after he was successful early but the past two years have been bad, injuries or no injuries. Wise's best bet is to ask Robin Dotson to coach every sport they offer. 

37 minutes ago, Unchained said:

The numbers, size and speed is there for a good run, IF they are put in a position to be successful.

3 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Are the hotdogs any good at CENTRAL?and where can i get a set of binoculars at to watch the game, the feild is too dang far away, at least at ridgeveiw it elevated

At the bottom of the hill would be a good start.  They're not called the Walmart Warriors for nothing you know....

2 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

At the bottom of the hill would be a good start.  They're not called the Walmart Warriors for nothing you know....

too funny, I knew this , just throwing rocks at the setup there,by the way RIDGEVIEW HAS THE BEST SETUP BY FAR TO WATCH A GAME,whomever designed the field and stands did a great job